The Unpopular Opinion Thread

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Unpopular opinion: Charles Leno is a top 1/2 of the league LT and should be retained rather than cut in March.

You don't cut him if you don't draft/sign his replacement. If we got LT early, I'm all for cutting him.

I also don't think he is a top 16 LT.

• Like 1

Just now, taylor made said:

Unpopular opinion: Sam Howell will be out of the NFL in 3 years

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47fjntq2x7co33xlzyjq

1 minute ago, taylor made said:

Unpopular opinion: Eric Bieniemy will get a Head Coach or OC position someplace else and be successful. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e471c8a2oxw1aquiuulok

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't think Eric "let me call a shotgun run up the middle on 3rd and short for the 10th time in a row" Bieniemy will ever get hired as a Head Coach much less be a successful one. 

The amount of people who want him based on a Twitter search is kind of crazy.  

No wait, it is crazy.  

• Like 1

Unpopular opinion: I would move on from Forbes now. I would package him in a trade to move back up to the first round with one of our seconds or I'd see if the Bears would take him in a move up to 1. 

Unpopular opinion: @taylor made is not sending Sam Howell a Birthday gift this year

• Like 2

18 hours ago, e16bball said:

Was going to be my choice for an Unpopular Opinion, actually…Jamin Davis is an average starter. Which is actually a decent outcome for a pick around #20.

No, it doesn’t make it a great pick or a win for us. But he’s a capable player, and that’s a hell of a lot more than many WAS fans seem to think he is. On some level, I think the primary difference between Patrick Queen (who is going to get Paid™️) and Jamin is that one of them got to play next to Roquan Smith and one of them got to play next to Cody Barton.

💯

On 1/10/2024 at 3:19 PM, Slappy Mc said:

Unpopular Opinion: We will be the biggest spenders in FA this year. 

I don’t think it’s unpopular, because it is one way to raise the talent level of your roster immediately.  I just see this as a culture and reset year, similar to how The Process has worked in other places.  That’s why I am tempering expectations, very similar to how I tempered them with Rivera when many people were saying he’s going to sign a bunch of players, despite not really doing that in Carolina.  

Provided we don’t sign guys who clearly aren’t worth the money or even market value (cough Wylie cough) I won’t have an issue with it.  

• Like 3