The Playoffs, and now the Super Bowl!

vike daddy

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

i read some yesterday about Travis Kelce's business and investing acumen, he's done very well for himself. he's an angel investor and has had some returns in the 200 to 2000% range. he's also quite philanthropic.

Travis Kelce is using renewable energy tax credits to finance the film “My Dead Friend Zoe.”

The SXSW-bound indie, which stars Natalie Morales, Ed Harris and Morgan Freeman, marks Kelce’s first foray into movies, with the Kansas City Chiefs tight end serving as an executive producer. The investors in the low-budget dark comedy, which include Kelce, are the first to take advantage of 2022’s Inflation Reduction Act to finance a film. (“My Dead Friend Zoe” cost less than $10 million.)

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/travis-kelce-my-dead-friend-zoe-financed-energy-tax-credits-1235908057/

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Travis Kelce is using renewable energy tax credits to finance the film “My Dead Friend Zoe.”

The SXSW-bound indie, which stars Natalie Morales, Ed Harris and Morgan Freeman, marks Kelce’s first foray into movies, with the Kansas City Chiefs tight end serving as an executive producer. The investors in the low-budget dark comedy, which include Kelce, are the first to take advantage of 2022’s Inflation Reduction Act to finance a film. (“My Dead Friend Zoe” cost less than $10 million.)

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/travis-kelce-my-dead-friend-zoe-financed-energy-tax-credits-1235908057/

Yeah, he needs to find his future money stream somewhere other than here in KC since Mahomes has already cornered that market owning several Whataburgers as well as having minority stakes in both the men's and women's pro soccer teams here in town as well as the Royals...yes, he is already a minority owner of the MLB team. 

Edited by swede700

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Yeah, he needs to find his future money stream somewhere other than here in KC since Mahomes has already cornered that market owning several Whataburgers as well as having minority stakes in both the men's and women's pro soccer teams here in town as well as the Royals...yes, he is already a minority owner of the MLB team. 

i also read that Kelce is from Cleveland (or somewhere in Ohio) and spends and invests money there.

so, am i the last fan to learn this...?

if the overtime period clock had run down to zero and the Chiefs still possessed the ball, another overtime period would have started.

as each team not only gets a chance to possess the ball in overtime, but to carry their possession to a conclusion.

In the postseason, the end of the first overtime period doesn’t end anything. From the rulebook: “If the score is tied at the end of a 15-minute overtime period, or if the second team’s initial possession has not ended, another overtime period will begin, and play will continue, regardless of how many 15-minute periods are necessary.”

38 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

if the overtime period clock had run down to zero and the Chiefs still possessed the ball, another overtime period would have started.

as each team not only gets a chance to possess the ball in overtime, but to carry their possession to a conclusion.

In the postseason, the end of the first overtime period doesn’t end anything. From the rulebook: “If the score is tied at the end of a 15-minute overtime period, or if the second team’s initial possession has not ended, another overtime period will begin, and play will continue, regardless of how many 15-minute periods are necessary.”

They mentioned that during the OT period once it got down to a minute or so.  It's like the end of the 1st quarter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

I learned it from video games, although I wasn’t sure about the circumstances with the new rules and one team ahead.

I have seen one double overtime game in my life, Jets vs Browns, sometime in the mid-eighties when I was 7-8 years old. I didn’t remember what happened there except the Browns won.

Tom Brady is speaking out in defense of Travis Kelce. After the Kansas City Chiefs tight end made headlines for pushing and yelling at head coach Andy Reid during Super Bowl LVIII, the NFL legend spoke out about the moment on his podcast.

Brady: "There's always little family issues and of course I don't mind seeing it 'cause I was a part of a lot of those things. Emotions are so high. You are definitely not centered and balanced. You're not in a meditative state at that point. You are fully determined to go out there and to win."

"So I think a lot of the things that are said during the games, people should just let them fly off their back. And I actually think Coach Reid handled it just awesome, like he always does, 'cause he just said, 'I was a little off balance and Travis is such a competitor.' And I love that because it just speaks to his leadership ability."

"It speaks to the self-confidence that Coach Reid has in himself, too, 'cause he doesn't take that personally at all. He doesn't look at that and feel like someone offended him. He takes it for what it is and doesn't make it more than it is and doesn't see someone's trying to belittle him. Travis is not trying to do any of those things. He's just trying to be fired up and stay in the moment."

https://www.etonline.com/tom-brady-defends-travis-kelce-for-yelling-at-chiefs-coach-andy-reid-at-super-bowl-emotions-are-so?fbclid=IwAR1wkZ-uYrp8VY4vfDjGR9HcudC-y-8D5nP_R8E0kpnE_2lBVnBRc--IOfQ

14 hours ago, Worm Guts said:

I learned it from video games, although I wasn’t sure about the circumstances with the new rules and one team ahead.

I have seen one double overtime game in my life, Jets vs Browns, sometime in the mid-eighties when I was 7-8 years old. I didn’t remember what happened there except the Browns won.

I remember that game...that was one of the best games I've ever seen...and it happened in the playoffs. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

At least one person was killed and as many as 15 others injured in a shooting in Kansas City, Missouri, after a rally Wednesday celebrating the Chiefs Super Bowl victory, authorities said.

Of the injured, three were in critical condition, five were in serious condition and one person had non-life-threatening injuries, Kansas City Fire Department Battalion Chief Michael Hopkins said.

Two people were detained after the shooting near a garage west of Union Station, the Kansas City Police Department said in a statement. The department did not identify suspects. The shooting appears to be criminal in nature and not terrorism, according to a preliminary investigation, three law enforcement officials briefed on the incident said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/shooting-kansas-city-chiefs-super-bowl-celebration-union-station-rcna138883

39 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

At least one person was killed and as many as 15 others injured in a shooting in Kansas City, Missouri, after a rally Wednesday celebrating the Chiefs Super Bowl victory, authorities said.

Of the injured, three were in critical condition, five were in serious condition and one person had non-life-threatening injuries, Kansas City Fire Department Battalion Chief Michael Hopkins said.

Two people were detained after the shooting near a garage west of Union Station, the Kansas City Police Department said in a statement. The department did not identify suspects. The shooting appears to be criminal in nature and not terrorism, according to a preliminary investigation, three law enforcement officials briefed on the incident said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/shooting-kansas-city-chiefs-super-bowl-celebration-union-station-rcna138883

Absolutely infuriating.