The Playoffs, and now the Super Bowl!

vike daddy

1 hour ago, Captain Relax said:

I had no dog in the fight. I will hold onto my opinion that Shanahan is a poor big game play caller.  Andy Reid is a great big game play caller.  That was the difference. It was an entertaining game.

It took Reid a long time to get over that hump. 

Having Mahomes being the QB makes the play calling look easy

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

It took Reid a long time to get over that hump. 

Having Mahomes being the QB makes the play calling look easy

The Chiefs have had to adapt every year though. This year they had a great defense. Other years they had more dynamic offenses. So they’ve certainly adjusted to the strengths of the team over time. Would imagine this will be a WR heavy offseason. 

• Like 1

So where do we rank this Super Bowl? I was entertained. It was a good game. It just didn't feel like a classic to me. Maybe because I prefer the 35-32 type games. Maybe it was because the streaming wasn't the best. Maybe it's because watching Brock Purdy play QB, while effective, isn't exciting. 

I think, for me, it would be in the upper third of Super Bowls that I've seen, but in the lower part of that tier. 

Reflecting on it, it had everything you'd want in a Super Bowl (super competitive, back and forth, slugfest). Maybe it's Mahomes fatigue.

• Like 1

Just now, wcblack34 said:

So where do we rank this Super Bowl? I was entertained. It was a good game. It just didn't feel like a classic to me. Maybe because I prefer the 35-32 type games. Maybe it was because the streaming wasn't the best. Maybe it's because watching Brock Purdy play QB, while effective, isn't exciting. 

I think, for me, it would be in the upper third of Super Bowls that I've seen, but in the lower part of that tier. 

Reflecting on it, it had everything you'd want in a Super Bowl (super competitive, back and forth, slugfest). Maybe it's Mahomes fatigue.

Multiple lead changes, the birth of the next dynasty, Crazy turnovers plays that played a direct impact in the outcome...

I'd say it was a good game! At least the second half and overtime haha

16 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I’d put this Super Bowl in the middle of the pack of all the Super Bowls that I’ve watched. It was a competitive game, but there was nothing memorable about it. There wasn’t that one play, or that one moment that is going to keep this game in your memory. 

It was a very methodical game from both teams. 

• Like 2