Divisional Round: San Francisco 49ers vs Green Bay Packers

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

But we beat you fairly, Jerry Rice fumbled 😔

This happened in '96. Still mad about that. 

BeeBe.gif

We all have our battlescars when both squads knuckled up. Packers got a ring out of theirs at least during that era. Until that changes I'm holding a grudge. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

As mentioned many times, if we don’t win the SB this year I don’t think we win one with Kyle, we will start off hot against GB, I expect them to receive if they win the coin toss, they will want to establish a lead. Let’s just hope for a great game

as a GBP fan, I haven't had any stress or expectation for this postseason, and it's a wonderful feeling. I haven't felt stress free like this since 2010 (coincidentally when we won it all as a 6 seed) 

all the pressure is on you guys! the Niners have to take advantage of this window before you have to pay Purdy, the salary cap will prohibit you from keeping all your great players...it's a fantastic team, you guys are absolutely stacked. would be a damn shame if Shanahan couldn't get it done...

since week 9 when the Packers really started rolling, these are the 2 best teams in EPA/play

1. 49ers - 0.216

2. Packers - 0.164

3. Cowboys - 0.157

4. Lions - 0.110

5. Ravens - 0.100

should be a fun game! the future is bright for us! GO PACK GO

• Like 6

Elijah Mitchell is going to make a big impact in this game. We have been a pass first game to start nearly every game this season but I think for this game, we start with the run and then open up the passing game. Deebo/CMC/Mitchell will be getting majority of the early touches. 

Mckivitz going to have to come to play. I'm assuming that they line Gary up on him frequently. I'm 21, I think he had three sacks against Compton. 

Mckivitz is the weak link in the line, so may have to give him some help

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

And Don Beebe was down. 

And we all know the refs favored your "Golden Boy" who couldn't even correctly pronounce his own last name!  It's Fahv-RAY, not FARv. 

We can do this all day. 

Had they ruled Don Beebe down or an incomplete pass the Niners finish 13-3 and have the #1 seed in the NFC as opposed to 12-4 and wildcard team. Still not sure if the Niners could've beaten Green Bay at the Stick that season as the Packers owned them until the 1998 wildcard game.

11 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

This goes right in line with something I heard on the Haberman and Middlekauf show yesterday. Guy said that the Packers' LB's have an 80% catch rate when targeted and give up an average of 10.5 yards per catch. 

Now, think about those numbers and now picture Kittle, Deebo, and CMC matched up against those guys. 

10 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

As mentioned many times, if we don’t win the SB this year I don’t think we win one with Kyle, we will start off hot against GB, I expect them to receive if they win the coin toss, they will want to establish a lead. Let’s just hope for a great game

I agree 100% it's now or never for the Niners. If they can't win a SB as the #1 seed that what else can be done? I know they won't be as good next year and the competition will be much heavier in the NFC. This reminds me like 1994 when they had to win it all or bust that season. But 1994 had a team that no one could come close to beating not even the Cowboys.

I am worried defensively....getting flashbacks of the Vikings & Bengals games where we couldn't get off the field. 

We have the bye though so hopefully they are well rested and prepared because it is a tough test. The defense does come out much better when they have long periods of rest though - week 1, Jags game after the bye, Cardinals & Eagles games after TNF games 

Offensively i think we'll be fine 

Browns was offensive ineptitude, Ravens was a bunch of weird turnovers, Rams was basically a preseason game...none of those should be applicable to Saturday 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Elijah Mitchell is going to make a big impact in this game. We have been a pass first game to start nearly every game this season but I think for this game, we start with the run and then open up the passing game. Deebo/CMC/Mitchell will be getting majority of the early touches. 

I actually think they ride CMC hard the next three games. Two games and then a bye week coming off of three weeks rest. I dont expect him to come off the field much. 

The bigger addition to the run game is Jauan Jennings. I don't think there is any packers defender that wants that Jennings smoke. 

• Like 2