Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

36 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Pretty interesting. Never seen that happen before. 

I wonder if him being on our practice squad, can prevent another team from plucking him BECAUSE he was drafted by the Birmingham Stallions?

I think we carry 2 QB's on the 53, with Hartman on the practice squad.

But I would not be surprised, if he makes the final 53 for a number of reasons. Injuries, being plucked from practice squad by another team & perhaps his ability.

Either way...I think Jake from State Farm is on his way out. 😂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

yeah, the Vikings had five of their UDFA's drafted today by the UFL. two in the UFL's 2nd round.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I wonder if him being on our practice squad, can prevent another team from plucking him BECAUSE he was drafted by the Birmingham Stallions?

I think we carry 2 QB's on the 53, with Hartman on the practice squad.

But I would not be surprised, if he makes the final 53 for a number of reasons. Injuries, being plucked from practice squad by another team & perhaps his ability.

Either way...I think Jake from State Farm is on his way out. 😂 

I don't think they rushed out and gave him that large UDFA signing bonus to cut him. I'd be shocked if he's not on the roster. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I don't think they rushed out and gave him that large UDFA signing bonus to cut him. I'd be shocked if he's not on the roster. 

I still don't understand this.  I don't think Hartman will be compelled to play for UFL team, he just has the option.  Right?  I mean the UFL can't supersede the NFL?

Hopefully Hartman earns a roster spot.  He seems like a decent backup profile for Daniels.  Sort of Heinickesque, running qb like daniels but weaker arm, smaller, etc.  But I think the Sam Hartman contract was something the media really hyped up and overblew.  He got the standard UDFA contract just 200K of guaranteed more than most.  200K.  Are we really going to hold a coveted 53 man roster spot for a 200K sacrifice?  Its minor money. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, offbyone said:

I still don't understand this.  I don't think Hartman will be compelled to play for UFL team, he just has the option.  Right?  I mean the UFL can't supersede the NFL?

Hopefully Hartman earns a roster spot.  He seems like a decent backup profile for Daniels.  Sort of Heinickesque, running qb like daniels but weaker arm, smaller, etc.  But I think the Sam Hartman contract was something the media really hyped up and overblew.  He got the standard UDFA contract just 200K of guaranteed more than most.  200K.  Are we really going to hold a coveted 53 man roster spot for a 200K sacrifice?  Its minor money. 

I would think its all up to him where he plays. 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2024 at 4:28 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

Only way he does that is if he's not on the practice squad which would be unbelievable if he didn't at least make that. I think he's pretty much a lock to be QB3 & will probably be QB2 behind Jayden in 2025 or 26. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, offbyone said:

That’s better $ than UFL $

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

That’s better $ than UFL $

Ahhh.  So this has no impact on nfl players unless they have no nfl home and want to play in the UFL.  I guess sort of like MLB drafting Kyler Murray, of course MLB pays.

That post had made it sound like he could be compelled as if the UFL is tied into the CBA which confused me.

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yeah, Mike Brown the wannabe-GM.  

Higgins is gone after this year.  They can’t even franchise him twice to try and get something out of him.  

The Bengals are horribly run franchise that happen to luck into good QBs that keep them relevant. They badly need new ownership. Its not fair to their fans considering how damn loyal they are. Awesome fanbase. 

• Like 1