Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

Peter Schrager of Fox Sports reported Wednesday the free-agent tight end has held contract discussions with the Washington Commanders this offseason.

There was a time when Ertz, 33, was one of the best tight ends in the league.

Philadelphia selected him in the second round of the 2013 NFL draft, and he was a three-time Pro Bowler, tallying five seasons with at least 800 receiving yards in his first seven years in the league. Included in that stretch was the 2018 campaign when he posted 116 

13 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Peter Schrager of Fox Sports reported Wednesday the free-agent tight end has held contract discussions with the Washington Commanders this offseason.

There was a time when Ertz, 33, was one of the best tight ends in the league.

Philadelphia selected him in the second round of the 2013 NFL draft, and he was a three-time Pro Bowler, tallying five seasons with at least 800 receiving yards in his first seven years in the league. Included in that stretch was the 2018 campaign when he posted 116 

Why? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Now lets bring Tyler Eifert back to the NFL so we can have my old fantasy team name “It Ertz When Eifert” 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Now lets bring Tyler Eifert back to the NFL so we can have my old fantasy team name “It Ertz When Eifert” 

O K, took me awhile to work that out ! Not bad, not bad indeed ! 😄

Tom Pelissero 

Three-time Pro Bowl TE Zach Ertz is signing with the #Commanders on a one-year deal worth up to $5 million, per source.

It’s a reunion for Ertz and Kliff Kingsbury, who got him a ton of targets in Arizona, on a deal negotiated by agent and TE guru @SteveCaric of @WassermanNFL.

I don’t understand the hate on this. This is completely what I expect us to do. Sign vets that are good players or were studs that are now older in FA and build through the draft. I expect this until we build that foundation. 

also, it’s “up” to 5 million for 1 year. Not 5 mill guaranteed. I don’t mind the signings at all.

we aren’t gonna use cap space on a ton of guys in their prime that are stars. Build through draft. Supplement through FA

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

I don’t understand the hate on this. This is completely what I expect us to do. Sign vets that are good players or were studs that are now older in FA and build through the draft. I expect this until we build that foundation. 

also, it’s “up” to 5 million for 1 year. Not 5 mill guaranteed. I don’t mind the signings at all.

we aren’t gonna use cap space on a ton of guys in their prime that are stars. Build through draft. Supplement through FA

He’s a 33-year old who’s basically finished both of these last two seasons on IR. What are we expecting him to have left? 

49 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He’s a 33-year old who’s basically finished both of these last two seasons on IR. What are we expecting him to have left? 

More of a receiving threat than Logan Thomas and knowledge of Kingsbury's offense.

50 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

More of a receiving threat than Logan Thomas and knowledge of Kingsbury's offense.

He has 100 more yards in the last two years combined than Logan Thomas had just this last season. Ertz is done. I'm fine with the signing but its kind of a waste of money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

He isn't though. Dude is washed. At least Thomas gives you something. 

29 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He has 100 more yards in the last two years combined than Logan Thomas had just this last season. Ertz is done. I'm fine with the signing but its kind of a waste of money. 

There truly isn't a lot of FA options. 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

He isn't though. Dude is washed. At least Thomas gives you something. 

I disagree with the assessment of what Thomas gives you in comparison. I also don't believe either is a TE1. 

11 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Wasn't he our highest graded defender on a defense ranked in the top 5 in DVOA the season before last?

I don't know, but if that means he was better than Payne's breakout sack season, I'd have to disagree. Also if they are angling for getting a 3rd round Comp. pick for Kam Curl, I have no issue letting him walk.