Off-Season 2024-"Peters" built

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

A mid-3rd is selling Howell short?

A guy who (1) no one, including us, wanted to spend even a mid-4th on in the draft; (2) has now burned through half of his rookie contract; and (3) just authored a season with a 78 passer rating, including one of the most dreadful second halves of a season in recent memory?

I don’t think it’s selling him short to say that despite all that, his value is still substantially higher now than it was on draft day two years ago.

Yes because on the off chance something happens and he proves himself as a legitimate starting QB he would be significantly more valuable. We also just need a freaking QB. Have more lotto tickets there is something we should be doing. 

• Like 1

Howell is going to be on this team next year. I have no clue why anyone thinks different? He's cheap and he's proven he can at least spot start in this league and that's what you want from your back up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

NFL Notifications 

𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐔𝐏𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄
#Commanders expected to be top contenders to land OT Tyron Smith and TE Gerald Everett next week.

Let the Adam Peters era begin.

Are we cornering the market on old TEs?

He would fit in perfectly at LDE in Quinn’s D. The LDE spot is usually a DE who’s the size of a smaller DT who is a power pass rusher & also a good to great run stopper. The RDE/LEO spot in Quinn’s D is a speed rusher.

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

NFL Notifications 

𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐔𝐏𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄
#Commanders expected to be top contenders to land OT Tyron Smith and TE Gerald Everett next week.

Let the Adam Peters era begin.

Can we get a younger TE? How about a LG or C, a MLB, a slot CB, a 3rd down receiving/scat back or a taller WR who can play on the outside moving Dotson to exclusively the slot position?

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Are we cornering the market on old TEs?

I actually think Gerald Everette is a solid target. He’s a guy you can split wide as well.

we know we are signing guys on short deals while we build through the draft. Short deals low money to good vets and build through the draft.

you may see 1 or 2 splash signings for younger guys but other than that I fully expect to target guys like Everette. 

Russell Wilson to Pittsburgh. I apologize for cluttering any of the threads up with anything pertaining to him. Didn't even hear that we sniffed in his direction. Surprised to be honest.

I want blue chip players in their prime.  I would rather over pay for top players than under play for mediocrity.  We have seen enough of the latter.  Bargains in free agency should be for depth, not starters.  It would be one thing if we were running thin on cap, but we aren't.  If we are building for future lets not do it with has beens.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I'll go out on a limb and say that after tomorrow ends we'll have Tyron Smith and D'Andre Swift signed. 

Two steps in the right direction if you ask me. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I'll go out on a limb and say that after tomorrow ends we'll have Tyron Smith and D'Andre Swift signed. 

I’d be very okay with this. Not because Tyron solidifies the position for many years. But because he upgrades the overall talent on the OL and allows the roster to progress and teach guys behind him how a true pro does it. Swift could have had a huge season if the Eagles didn’t constantly do the rush push at the one every time her got them there

• Like 1

10 hours ago, e16bball said:

A mid-3rd is selling Howell short?

A guy who (1) no one, including us, wanted to spend even a mid-4th on in the draft; (2) has now burned through half of his rookie contract; and (3) just authored a season with a 78 passer rating, including one of the most dreadful second halves of a season in recent memory?

I don’t think it’s selling him short to say that despite all that, his value is still substantially higher now than it was on draft day two years ago.

Getting a higher ROI on a player that probably isn't in our future is definitely not "selling him short." Recouping some of our investment AND some sounds nice. I get why people want to hold on to him. It's not what I would do, but I don't think either side is wrong in their idea. If we could get "Pick 85" for him, I am all for it.