Conference Championships

Leader

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

The Rams paid the year’s best WR, DL and CB a combined 15% of the cap. By pushing those contracts out. They essentially eliminated the dead cap the year they won the Super Bowl by pushing that dead cap into future years

Other teams have done this.  It isn't a unique concept to LAR.  How much is another discussion

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Other teams have done this.  It isn't a unique concept to LAR.  How much is another discussion

And the Saints kept doing it and doing it and doing it and got one ring. It’s not sustainable. If you do it once and fail, you’ve committed to 10 years without a ring.

My way gives you 5 years plus an abundance of draft capital at the end of those five years.

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

And the Saints kept doing it and doing it and doing it and got one ring. It’s not sustainable. If you do it once and fail, you’ve committed to 10 years without a ring.

My way gives you 5 years plus an abundance of draft capital at the end of those five years.

and lots of teams don't do the push the cap out and don't get a ring.  So not doing so is not the formula either

On 1/16/2024 at 3:02 AM, Packer_ESP said:

Turns out firing your DC in week 16 maybe wasn't the solution after all

I'll take the L on that one.   I advocated for dumping him.  Didn't think there was any way for him to come back at that point. 

32 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

I'll take the L on that one.   I advocated for dumping him.  Didn't think there was any way for him to come back at that point. 

I'm right there with yah.  And I still don't want him next year.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If we play defense Saturday like we did against the 49ers in 2021 I think he's earned another year.

Just now, KFP7 said:

If we play defense Saturday like we did against the 49ers in 2021 I think he's earned another year.

Not disagreeing about what he has earned.

Am stating that for me, God no.

It's the same old same old with him.  He's more aggressive now, and has been since MLF got in his ear.

I feel like if we do retain him, he will revert back to the same old stuff.  It is what he does.

We are a young team that is ascending, and will be next year, too.  No reason to have that Barry anchor weighing us down.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2024 at 10:20 PM, HokieHigh said:

This bucs team is pretty damn good. I think we will be traveling to tampa for nfccg

Damn, one game at a time people please!

The Bucs are by far the last team we should be thinking about at least right now.  Some are really acting like we got this game in SF in the bag or something and that's just nuts!  Don't get me wrong, I am excited to see how we fare as I've wanted to see Love's approach against that niner defense might differ from old man Rodgers, and I'm curious to see if what Barry did against them in 2021 can be duplicated again and give us a chance even without that sub zero weather.  But if we win this, I think it's gonna take battling through some real adversity there in their house and it won't look easy the way Dallas made it look.

So far we defied expectations and the way things are going, hey who knows maybe we do get a second Christmas x10 here this Saturday.  But I'm thinking we may have gotten our last serving of gravy for this year and are going to have to wait to beat these guys next year.

And I really don't think the Bucs are going to win in Detroit.  Not impossible by any means, but Detroit is on a mission right now and the Bucs schematically match up poorly against that Detroit offense.  Their only hope is that Goff ****s the bed like he did against Chicago, but I just don't see it happening.

31 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

The Bucs are by far the last team we should be thinking about at least right now.  Some are really acting like we got this game in SF in the bag or something and that's just nuts!  Don't get me wrong, I am excited to see how we fare as I've wanted to see Love's approach against that niner defense might differ from old man Rodgers, and I'm curious to see if what Barry did against them in 2021 can be duplicated again and give us a chance even without that sub zero weather.  But if we win this, I think it's gonna take battling through some real adversity there in their house and it won't look easy the way Dallas made it look.

So far we defied expectations and the way things are going, hey who knows maybe we do get a second Christmas x10 here this Saturday.  But I'm thinking we may have gotten our last serving of gravy for this year and are going to have to wait to beat these guys next year.

And I really don't think the Bucs are going to win in Detroit.  Not impossible by any means, but Detroit is on a mission right now and the Bucs schematically match up poorly against that Detroit offense.  Their only hope is that Goff ****s the bed like he did against Chicago, but I just don't see it happening.

Packers - 35

49ers - 24

One word.

Las vegas nevada super bowl, baby. 

• Like 3

Got quite the divisional playoff round for sure here

Ravens and Texans... the only one I'm just not sure of yet.  I'm thinking a lot of offense here and a game possibly coming down to the final possession or final play.  I'll guess that Baltimore will win at home with slight favorable odds, but I will not be shocked if Stroud pulls off another upset.

Chiefs have had the Bills' number every time in the playoffs but I think this time a fired up home Bills team tired of losing to them will finally pull it off.

I know a few fans got a bit over complimentary of the Bucs the other night, but that Eagles team was toast and would have been beat by anyone including the Panthers the way they were playing.  Detroit has their offense cooking again and the Bucs only chance is if they somehow come out the gate slow.  I mean, that's not impossible as we saw it happen against the Ravens, the Bears and even us on Thanksgiving, but chances of that happening here are very low.  Plus I think we're going to see the bad Baker Mayfield return to the field.

And of course us at San Fran, ooohhh I want so bad for this to be the year.  We went 4-1 against these guys in the playoffs in the Favre years (would have been 5-0 with the right call where Jerry Rice fumbled), and then unfortunately got it swung back at us going 0-4 in the playoffs against them in the Rodgers years.  I think the pendulum is going to swing back the other way for us in the Love years as it's about to do for the Bills here, but I think we might have to sit through one more game of disappointment against SF before that happens.

Edited by LLcheesehead12

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I don't want him going forward either.  Why did we have to wait years for him to get a little more aggressive with pass defense?   Some of our game plans this season were absolutely incompetent.  Giving up 30 to Carolina?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

I can't see us winning against the 49ers, but I hope I am wrong. This 49ers team is an improvement over that 2021 team. Purdy and CMC are significant improvements over what they had that year.

33 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

I don't want him going forward either.  Why did we have to wait years for him to get a little more aggressive with pass defense?   Some of our game plans this season were absolutely incompetent.  Giving up 30 to Carolina?

Not only did the Panthers offense not hit 30 points against anyone else this year, they only scored 33 points in the three games prior to GB and 0 points in their two games after GB.  So...they scored 33 points total in 5 games around when they played GB.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Got quite the divisional playoff round for sure here

Ravens and Texans... the only one I'm just not sure of yet.  I'm thinking a lot of offense here and a game possibly coming down to the final possession or final play.  I'll guess that Baltimore will win at home with slight favorable odds, but I will not be shocked if Stroud pulls off another upset.

Chiefs have had the Bills' number every time in the playoffs but I think this time a fired up home Bills team tired of losing to them will finally pull it off.

I know a few fans got a bit over complimentary of the Bucs the other night, but that Eagles team was toast and would have been beat by anyone including the Panthers the way they were playing.  Detroit has their offense cooking again and the Bucs only chance is if they somehow come out the gate slow.  I mean, that's not impossible as we saw it happen against the Ravens, the Bears and even us on Thanksgiving, but chances of that happening here are very low.  Plus I think we're going to see the bad Baker Mayfield return to the field.

And of course us at San Fran, ooohhh I want so bad for this to be the year.  We went 4-1 against these guys in the playoffs in the Favre years (would have been 5-0 with the right call where Jerry Rice fumbled), and then unfortunately got it swung back at us going 0-4 in the playoffs against them in the Rodgers years.  I think the pendulum is going to swing back the other way for us in the Love years as it's about to do for the Bills here, but I think we might have to sit through one more game of disappointment against SF before that happens.

We just can't beat the Cowboys and 9ers at the same time.  Favre teams could never beat the Cowboys, but always beat the 9ers.  Rodgers teams were just the opposite.  

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

We just can't beat the Cowboys and 9ers at the same time.  Favre teams could never beat the Cowboys, but always beat the 9ers.  Rodgers teams were just the opposite.  

Has GB ever beat both in the same playoffs before?