Divisional Round: (4) Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ (3) Detroit Lions Sunday 3pm

Louis Friend

Who ya got?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Detroit Lions
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Just now, Towerbridge said:

It's absolutely correct. Why take the chance of trying to convert 2 two points conversions when the smart decision is doing 1. Sorry not many are for this because its incredibly stupid

Because one is trying to win, the other is playing for OT, which favors the home team.

• Like 1

Just now, seminoles1 said:

That was also when the XP wasn't a 33 yarder.

They just said an extra point is still  a 95% success rate compared to 55% for two. I've seen that strategy work maybe a half dozen times over the last 5 years but people still act like it's some sort of brilliant decision. 

Because one is trying to win, the other is playing for OT, which favors the home team.

If the Bucs game back from a 14 point deficit in the last 5 minutes of the game I think it's safe to say the Lions would not be at an advantage heading into OT.

Going for two is a 55% chance and kicking the XP is a 95% chance. If you need two 2 pointers at 55%, mathwise that equals out to 110%. You telling me you're not taking 110% on 4 points over 95% on 1 point. Math harder my math friends. Yes, that math is right.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, StatKing said:

They just said an extra point is still  a 95% success rate compared to 55% for two. I've seen that strategy work maybe a half dozen times over the last 5 years but people still act like it's some sort of brilliant decision. 

And over time, going for 2 outweighs just kicking extra points based on the success rates. Going for 2 also would have given them a chance to win, not just play for OT.

• Like 1