2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

Damn, so now Justin Fields isn’t even worthy of a back up QB spot? Come on now.

We did have Marcus Mariota as our #2 last season. Every single one of us on pins and needles praying he didn’t need to start. Just saying.

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Damn, so now Justin Fields isn’t even worthy of a back up QB spot? Come on now.

We did have Marcus Mariota as our #2 last season. Every single one of us on pins and needles praying he didn’t need to start. Just saying.

Justin fields as RB3? I'll take him. 

Just now, Danger said:

Was gonna say the only McKinney I know plays for GB now LOL

I forget his name every other day,  but i like his arm talent. Was hitting dudes in stride left and right in the preseason. It intrigued me.

"In 2024, Fields will earn a base salary of $1.6 million while carrying a cap hit of $6 million, per spotrac. However, the team that acquires Fields will only be on the hook for $2.7 million. He has a 2025 fifth-year team option for $25.6 million."

That right there is exactly why I'd have no problem adding him as the #2. Let him walk via FA and receive a Comp pick in 2026.

How is it any different then what Dallas is doing/did with Trey Lance? Fields is not a threat to Hurts, not in the slightest.

Hell maybe being around Jalen, seeing how he works, the time he puts in the building, on the practice field, meetings,  prep,  "helps" Justin in the long run? 

I don't see a downside for that cheap a salary.

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

"In 2024, Fields will earn a base salary of $1.6 million while carrying a cap hit of $6 million, per spotrac. However, the team that acquires Fields will only be on the hook for $2.7 million. He has a 2025 fifth-year team option for $25.6 million."

That right there is exactly why I'd have no problem adding him as the #2. Let him walk via FA and receive a Comp pick in 2026.

How is it any different then what Dallas is doing/did with Trey Lance? Fields is not a threat to Hurts, not in the slightest.

Hell maybe being around Jalen, seeing how he works, the time he puts in the building, on the practice field, meetings,  prep,  "helps" Justin in the long run? 

I don't see a downside for that cheap a salary.

Yeah aside from Fields needing a huge raise next year.  I'd rather draft someone or bring in a cheap vet to battle McKee for the #2.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

If the Bears are fine with taking one of our comp 5th round picks or later for Fields, I'd consider trading for Fields to be a cheap serviceable backup for a season that could potentially still fit stylistically.

Just let McKee be the backup and use that 6 million on a player that contributes something

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Are the Eagles fully incapable of starting a PC on time??

In deep talks to waste draft picks time and salary cap on fields. A player you never want to play a single snap for you in his eagles career