2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

1 hour ago, UndyTaker said:

Someone needs to come up with a good drinking game for the draft. 

Make chili Thursday night.
Get a bottle of bourbon and a bottle of Fiji water.
Make sure you have ice.
Turn on the draft.
Make bourbon and water and watch the draft.
Make more bourbon and water and continue to watch the draft.
Eat chili when you get hungry.
Repeat the process on Friday and Saturday.
Win the game.

Note:  Also stock on TP and put a TV in the bathroom.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah without a bigger trade up those are the guys that fit that bill. Latu as well. On the topic of some of these guys, I somehow missed how old both he and Verse are. I know  it’s going to be more common with the incentive to stay in school, but taking guys who will be 24 their rookie year I never love.

I guess any wideout would also be in that category but I can’t see them taking one at 22. 

The more I look at it the less I see a WR.

The Eagles added Parker, Campbell and Watkins.
I can also see them incorporating Covey into the offense more.
That's six roster spots.
Those one year deals buy you a draft before WR becomes a real need.

I get it.
It is a good draft at the receiver position.
But, those receivers may serve to push other prospects further down in the draft.
If not, all the Eagles really "need" is a slot guy.
Then there will be one there at 120.

I can see it now. We trade up to 13 with the Raiders... Quinyon is on the board. The pick is in.... it's Troy Fautanu.

I don't hate the player, it'd be just so underwhelming and poor value IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

I don't drink but if we go DT within the first two rounds I would drink myself into oblivion. 

If we're gonna use a lot of 3 or 5 man fronts, DT or 3/4 DE makes sense.

Carter-Davis-Milton

isn't as good as:

Carter-Davis-Newton or Carter-Davis-Murphy would be.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Danger said:

I can see it now. We trade up to 13 with the Raiders... Quinyon is on the board. The pick is in.... it's Troy Fautanu.

Until a year or two from now after another future HOF'r retires and the entire OL is "Set" yet again as a Top 5 unit for the next 5-10 years.

OL is never the sexy pick but almost always a smart investment. The most important player in football is the FQB! Protecting said QB and making his job easier on offense typically means Team Success.

Not being able to protect that QB, Run the football effectively is more of a detriment to the team, then not having a CB. Don't believe me go ask the NYJ, Panthers, Commanders and Broncos fans.

23 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Carter-Davis-Milton

isn't as good as:

There's always a case to be made with this team to go DT, we've made significant investments each year in that position 4 years straight at least and the returns haven't been what the should be compared with the investment. While other positions there always a "but" as to why it doesn't happen, with DT they have to talk themselves not to. 

16 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Until a year or two from now after another future HOF'r retires and the entire OL is "Set" yet again as a Top 5 unit for the next 5-10 years.

OL is never the sexy pick but almost always a smart investment. The most important player in football is the FQB! Protecting said QB and making his job easier on offense typically means Team Success.

Not being able to protect that QB, Run the football effectively is more of a detriment to the team, then not having a CB. Don't believe me go ask the NYJ, Panthers, Commanders and Broncos fans.

And we don't have any other picks in the next rounds nor draft classes between now and then?

future RT/ swing tackle is definitely a need but one that can be address with one of our 2 second or later to at least buy you time and still won't prevent you from doing what you say in your second paragraph. 

We don't have to ask any of those franchises because the situations are vastly different, but going with your first round to a guy that you say "in a year or two" we will have the OL set (if no one else leaves between now and then) is not the best use nor value of a pick at that point in the draft, specially our very own OL being proof that you don't need 1st rounders to have damn good starters as long as we have Stoutland.  

34 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Carter-Davis-Milton

isn't as good as:

It is a scenario Milton is sorta built for, but yeah locking in a guy cheaper for 5 years who  projects to be better isn’t an awful idea. 

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

It is a scenario Milton is sorta built for, but yeah locking in a guy cheaper for 5 years who  projects to be better isn’t an awful idea. 

I think Milton is better built for lining up between the C and G or directly over the G versus lining up between the G and T or directly over a T.
Newton doesn't have the best length, but it's a little better than Milton, and his power and leverage can set the edge consistently, ala Cox in Billy Davis's 3/4.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Danger said:

People are posting a gif of Fautanu doing a spin to continue his block against an edge. I just see that and think if he ever tried that againt myles garret he wouldn't survive. 

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

When we have Stout, I don't see the need to spend a first AND second round pick on a guy who's gonna play guard for 2 years and then MAYBE kick out to tackle in 2 years...

Other teams around the league? That makes a little more sense. 

Stout can cook without a $300 grocery bill.

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

When we have Stout, I don't see the need to spend a first AND second round pick on a guy who's gonna play guard for 2 years and then MAYBE kick out to tackle in 2 years...

Other teams around the league? That makes a little more sense. 

Stout can cook without a $300 grocery bill.

I will say if we knew he would turn out to be an All-Pro RG, regardless of weather he could move to T, I wouldnt be upset with that pick. But they cant miss on him and have him be the next Danny Watkins or Andre Dillard.

• Like 1