2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

3 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah that'd be amazing honestly. Any other legit guys we should be looking to bring in?

Not sure we'd bring them in but there's a lot of talent still there

Odell 

Boyd - Would be my choice if I could pick a WR. Campbell & Parker could be something but I rather gamble on the sure

Justin Simmons

Dalton Risner OG

Calais Campbell Vet DL

and some others

I want another TE and Logan Thomas. We did just get Uzomah before the draft but I dunno

13 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

We're not paying Tyler Boyd, nor should we. 

I doubt we bring him in or Justin Simmons. These positions have been addressed already. Smith and Wilson in the draft and Campbell and Parker in FA were brought in to fill out the WR depth. We drafted Dejean this year who will probably play safety, we drafted Sidney Brown early in the third, we signed CJGJ, and we extended Blankenship. Between Boyd and Simmons, I'd say Boyd would have the better chance of signing here. He would have to be coming here on a cheap 1 year deal but he would fit in nicely. I just don't see it happening. I definitely don't think there's much of a chance Simmons gets signed here though.

2 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Not sure we'd bring them in but there's a lot of talent still there

Odell 

Boyd - Would be my choice if I could pick a WR. Campbell & Parker could be something but I rather gamble on the sure

Justin Simmons

Dalton Risner OG

Calais Campbell Vet DL

and some others

I want another TE and Logan Thomas. We did just get Uzomah before the draft but I dunno

Of the names mentioned, Calais Campbell seems most likely to me. Assuming he still has something in the tank, I think he would be our third best 3-4 DE and would be a significant part of our rotation. He also would fill the vet/mentor role on the DL which was vacated by Fletcher Cox. Finding another rotational piece behind Carter and Williams is possibly the biggest question mark on the team right now. We need to either bring in another player or figure out if Ojomo and Mustipher will be a significant part of that rotation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Official

Needed to try to sure up the backup T spot. They bring in a guy with a first round pedigree and let Stout try to maximize him. If Stout can get him to show some growth and play well if he has to, that's great for the quality of play with this team but it also opens the opportunity for Becton to get a significant contract elsewhere and the Eagles get a compensatory pick. I'm all for deals like this with players who once showed a ton of promise. It's only a $5.5 million deal maximum. It's probably a very small risk they are taking and it could really pay off.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

Thought they were going to draft Boyd for that reason. I just remembered Tuipulotu is still with the team. 

Tuipulotu definitely had his best year so far with us last year, but was still mid and isn't really a guy I think you want to have those NT duties.

Looking at our depth chart I just remembered we signed PJ Mustipher.

His RAS is pretty terrible, but he seems more suited for NT... at least size wise.

Broncos brought him in as a UDFA and kept him on their practice squad and then Saints claimed him during the season off their practice squad and he appeared in 4 games.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

41 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

I doubt we bring him in or Justin Simmons. These positions have been addressed already. Smith and Wilson in the draft and Campbell and Parker in FA were brought in to fill out the WR depth. We drafted Dejean this year who will probably play safety, we drafted Sidney Brown early in the third, we signed CJGJ, and we extended Blankenship. Between Boyd and Simmons, I'd say Boyd would have the better chance of signing here. He would have to be coming here on a cheap 1 year deal but he would fit in nicely. I just don't see it happening. I definitely don't think there's much of a chance Simmons gets signed here though.

I'd cut every last one of them to have Boyd as our WR3.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'd cut every last one of them to have Boyd as our WR3.

That'd be pretty myopic thinking but I do agree that Boyd would easily be WR3 with our current set of WRs.

Edited by Folesadelphia

5 hours ago, Danger said:

Boyd is the #1 target for me, followed by Risner.

A lot of fat to trim on the roster already though IMO.

Yeah I'd take anyone from the list I posted above. While I love A.Smith Id rather bet on the sure thing this year in boyd. Id also cut Campbell and Parker in a heartbeat if that's what was needed. We owe it to this insane crew of weapons to give them every single chance to hoist the trophy up this year. It's so rare to have a crew like this and we gotta do everything in our power to get them over the finish line. 

1 hour ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Yeah I'd take anyone from the list I posted above. While I love A.Smith Id rather bet on the sure thing this year in boyd. Id also cut Campbell and Parker in a heartbeat if that's what was needed. We owe it to this insane crew of weapons to give them every single chance to hoist the trophy up this year. It's so rare to have a crew like this and we gotta do everything in our power to get them over the finish line. 

Sorry but Boyd literally doesn't accomplished that!!!!!!!!

That's nothing but hopes and wishes!!

Give me the younger cheaper versions!!!!!!!

Edited by Nabbs4u