2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Sorry but Boyd literally doesn't accomplished that!!!!!!!!

That's nothing but hopes and wishes!!

Give me the younger cheaper versions!!!!!!!

The excessive use of exclamation points really drives this point home.

WE DONT WANT TYLER BOYD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/s

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Sorry but Boyd literally doesn't accomplished that!!!!!!!!

That's nothing but hopes and wishes!!

Give me the younger cheaper versions!!!!!!!

Sure he does. 

Hopes and wishes is what this entire place is designed for 😂 we have no control. Thanks for that tho

I like younger versions too but we're not gonna wanna look back on the time we had AJ Brown Smitty Barkley etc and didn't get it done because we held back at certain spots for young cheap options. That's foolish

Quez dropping a crucial ball in the SB. Due to being cheap and wanting to develop younger guys is a great example of that. If you're into that by all means. I'm not tho. I love championships

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

😂 . We don't all like the same players. But posting like that was some weird ****

Don't mind Nabbs, he's just the local old man yelling at the sky.

I want Justin Simmons for a few reasons:

- Has familiarity with the Fangio defense and will be able to come in and play immediately

- Sydney shouldn't be rushed back from the injury. Without Sydney our depth at safety is.... meh. Simmons should be solid competition for Reed in camp. Iron sharpens iron.

- I am not convinced the team just views DeJean as a Safety at this point. I really think that he can play CB. Ideally I'd like him to play in the slot this year. IF they do see him as a full time safety... then ya Simmons is just redundant, but I worry about Maddox as the full time Slot CB.

- While Simmons is clearly past his prime, he should still be able to come in a play at a solid level. His price tag shouldn't be high either. Having him would let us run some 3 safety sets in dime that would have all of our best DB's on the field at the same time. 

I also am in on Tyler Boyd. He is just an upgrade to the unknowns we have on offense at WR. The only thing I worry about with having another WR is.... who are we cutting? I know in the past we prefer to only carry 5 WR's, but with Covey being as good as he was last year I don't see how we can stash him on the PS for three games anymore.

1. AJ

2. Smitty

3. Boyd

4. Smith

5. Covey(Yes he is making the team, he is an excellent PR)

6. Wilson(Apparently they want him to play WR for now, I still think they move him to TE, but we will see)

Either we would have to cut all the FA's we just brought in(possible, but I don't think they want to do that) or we have to cut a rookie we just drafted(also really doubt they want to do that). The good news is looking at this roster there is no way Parker is making this team with or without Boyd. My guess is they view Smith and Campbell as good enough competition in the slot and don't think they need to sign a guy like Boyd. Time will tell, but adding another WR to the mix is just a lot. I think they go in another direction.

I definitely think we add a couple more guys before TC is done.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scalamania said:

The excessive use of exclamation points really drives this point home.

WE DONT WANT TYLER BOYD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/s

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Don't mind Nabbs, he's just the local old man yelling at the sky.

3 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I know I'm just breaking stones. I love nabbs just not when he's grumpy lol

Nahhh, not Grumpy. 3 sheets to the wind Drunk, absolutely 🖐

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Nahhh, not Grumpy. 3 sheets to the wind Drunk, absolutely 🖐

You drink in the morning? Nevermind, just saw that Scala quoted you 5 hours ago, and assumed that's when you made the drunk post. I was like "Is Nabbs getting hammered at 10 AM? I thought he liked the draft"

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

I know that I would cut Campbell and Parker in a heartbeat to have Boyd.  I don't expect either of them to make the roster anyway.

So would I but realistically even if it was a 1 yr deal, how much is the asking price?

I'd be shocked if it's not $10M+?

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

So would I but realistically even if it was a 1 yr deal, how much is the asking price?

I'd be shocked if it's not $10M+?

No receiver is getting 10+ mil at this juncture in FA save for Tom Brady coming out of retirement.  I'd be for a 1 year incentive laden contract which is about the most any of these guys could hope for at this point.

36 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

No receiver is getting 10+ mil at this juncture in FA save for Tom Brady coming out of retirement.  I'd be for a 1 year incentive laden contract which is about the most any of these guys could hope for at this point.

Odell got a $15M 1 yr, I'm sure Boyd won't play for peanuts. 

Tyler Boyd to Carolina/NE on a multi-year deal before he signs with the Eagles on a 1 yr $7-10M deal. 

Just don't see it.

Say Hunter Renfro on the cheap sure, Boyd....., not happening. 

Edited by Nabbs4u