2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Per Rap, we’ve given Reddick permission to seek trade. I’m assuming he wants extension, and as much I like him, it was the right move to deny him one. Wonder what kind of return we’d get? 3rd?

Yeah makes sense to let him look around and get a sense of his market, giving him a huge extension he probably wants isn’t a slam dunk decision 

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah makes sense to let him look around and get a sense of his market, giving him a huge extension he probably wants isn’t a slam dunk decision 

I like this. Reddick is a good pass rusher. Terrible run defender. His only pass rush move is looping around and that leaves so much running lanes for the qb. He didn’t dominate at all and isn’t worth the contract he’ll be wanting.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Per Rap, we’ve given Reddick permission to seek trade. I’m assuming he wants extension, and as much I like him, it was the right move to deny him one. Wonder what kind of return we’d get? 3rd?

Not sure what we would get. Not positive he will get moved either. Someone is going to have to be willing to give up assets we desire and give him a big payday that he did not earn last year. 

I am super ok with moving him though. He is a good player, but he was awful down the stretch. When your go to pass rusher is regularly getting stonewalled by TEs something is going on. Would suck to create another hole but I have no desire to give him a raise as he is coming up on 30. Obviously I am fine with keeping him and letting him walk next year as well, but I am sure he doesn't want that at all. Might be a big time headache in TC.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

Fairly certain Vic Fangio won't have his best Pass rusher dropping into coverage 24% of the time like the idiot combo of Desai/Patricia!

I'm not giving Reddick away for peanuts.  Josh Sweat disappeared like a thief in the night too down the stretch. Just saying.

Edited by Nabbs4u

4 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Maybe use him to trade up higher in the 1st? Or try n get a good player back by offering him plus picks? 

I'm sure that's the idea. As long as we are getting a viable Veteran starter even at another position,  I'd be fine with it. 

Not a fan of creating another hole, for a rookie draft pick. Won't lie!

Reddick plus picks for Surtain? Those types of potential trades/additions by all means. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

13 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm sure that's the idea. As long as we are getting a viable Veteran starter even at another position,  I'd be fine with it. 

Not a fan of creating another hole, for a rookie draft pick. Won't lie!

Reddick plus picks for Surtain? Those types of potential trades/additions by all means. 

Wonder if Burns would push to get out of Carolina

12 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

I feel like I'd someone offers a 2nd you take it.  Josh Sweat too.  Something has to give.

Sweat is younger and sure to be cheaper. He also struggled down the stretch, but I am not moving him unless the offer blows me away.

Reddick still has good years ahead but not as many and he clearly wants one massive deal to close out his career.

5 hours ago, Danger said:

I feel like reddick would fetch more than a 3rd in a trade. I mean how much were teams offering last year for Danielle Hunter?

I agree. Have to look at recent similar trades. I think you can get a 2 just off the top of my head. Question is, would you rather have a player swap? Idk how I feel about adding holes by moving Reddick.