Eagles likely retaining Nick Sirianni

Football_Bachelor08

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The Steelers were 11-0 the Covid year. Finished 12-4 I think and then lost in the first round of the playoffs. We've seen collapses like this before. 

Were the Steelers coming off a Superbowl and coming into the season as one of the favs in the conference to get back to the Superbowl? Did the Steelers have one of the odds on fav to win the MVP like the Eagles had in Hurts? Like if I can remember the Steelers had a harder schedule down the stretch where they started losing. The Eagles had the easiest schedule in the league with the divisional lead and not only lost it but they looked uninterested. And at least with the Steelers you can say Big Ben shouldve retired the previous season he was that washed plus he was behind a terrible OL. You couldnt say that about Hurts.

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Were the Steelers coming off a Superbowl and coming into the season as one of the favs in the conference to get back to the Superbowl? Did the Steelers have one of the odds on fav to win the MVP like the Eagles had in Hurts? Like if I can remember the Steelers had a harder schedule down the stretch where they started losing. The Eagles had the easiest schedule in the league with the divisional lead and not only lost it but they looked uninterested. And at least with the Steelers you can say Big Ben shouldve retired the previous season he was that washed plus he was behind a terrible OL. You couldnt say that about Hurts.

The Steelers lost to a team playing a one-legged Alex Smith. And who cares what they did the season prior? This season is independent of the one prior. And if we're going by expectations then Sirianni should be fine as most expect a hangover by the Super Bowl losing team. No but you could say Jalen Hurts was beat up big time and probably should've sat a couple games. 

This reminds me so much when Douggy P lost Frank to the colts. Eagles offense was never the same after that. Some people really rely on other people. Some can adapt and over come and some get swallowed up by the machine… You know, I wouldn’t want him

back. They had no answers for when the seas were rough. Anybody can be excellent when the waves are calm and relaxed, but it takes a leader to navigate when the waves and crashing and the crew is looking at you to get them thru the night. He couldn’t answer the bell, 1-6 without putting a got damm

fight. Goddart going off on Hurts. Get in there and defend your man… get in there and motivate them.. Blame the tackling and aging corners? hurts played terrible down the stretch. Run the ball more, implement new things. Stop running 50 screen passes a game. It’s not rocket science guys, it’s freaking football. The best roster tends to win 80% of the time. They lack heart and leadership. If that’s who you want back then god bless. I’ll be more mad at this than Mike Mcarthy. You know why? Because eagle fans actually care… Cowboys are brainwashed for the 💰 

This is a surprise. Maybe he figures too many openings and its a sellers market. Its a surprise because he fired a guy only two years removed from a super bowl. And because during the horrific slide he showed no ability to stop the bleeding. 

As a niners fan, I hope they keep him. He is a clueless and I don't think Jalen Hurts likes him. 

For someone who is an offensive coach, that offense STUNK. 

Eagles ran more screens than any team in the NFL this year. They had *negative* yardage on screens. 

Their whole offensive identity seems to have been "we are better than you, we are just going to line up and play". 

The offense had no plan for pressure. They got eaten alive by the blitz every single week and did nothing to combat it. 

He does not appear to be good with Xs and Os. He does not appear to be a great leader. What exactly is he good at?? 

I can't help but feel as though he should shoulder the blame for Hurts' finger and the AJB injury as well. Hurts in particular probably needed a week off.

ALSO

https://x.com/MarcusFitzy/status/1744451022012170302?s=20 

• Like 1

I've heard former players say that he pretty much doesn't do anything. They have so much veteran leadership there that he just kind of rides along. I can't even imagine that's possible, then I see his stupid face again.

Like, what is up with the Big Dom situation? Who is that guy and why is he so prominent? Is HE the actual emotional core of the team? It's just really weird from outside.

Edited by nagahide13

1 hour ago, N4L said:

As a niners fan, I hope they keep him. He is a clueless and I don't think Jalen Hurts likes him. 

For someone who is an offensive coach, that offense STUNK. 

Eagles ran more screens than any team in the NFL this year. They had *negative* yardage on screens. 

Their whole offensive identity seems to have been "we are better than you, we are just going to line up and play". 

The offense had no plan for pressure. They got eaten alive by the blitz every single week and did nothing to combat it. 

He does not appear to be good with Xs and Os. He does not appear to be a great leader. What exactly is he good at?? 

I can't help but feel as though he should shoulder the blame for Hurts' finger and the AJB injury as well. Hurts in particular probably needed a week off.

ALSO

https://x.com/MarcusFitzy/status/1744451022012170302?s=20 

This is exactly their problem. They have good talent, so they seem to be content just trying to win 1-on-1s as opposed to setting their guys up for success. No intelligent motions, or routes that play off each other, or taking advantage of personnel mismatches, etc. It's just caveman style thought "AJ good. AJ win jump ball or draw flag." It's bonkers to me how bad they are at utilizing talent outside of that.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DrewPaul said:

This is a surprise. Maybe he figures too many openings and its a sellers market. Its a surprise because he fired a guy only two years removed from a super bowl. And because during the horrific slide he showed no ability to stop the bleeding. 

This feels like the weakest collection of openings in recent years, no?

The crown jewel this year is... Atlanta? LA's little brother?

20 minutes ago, elevators_rule said:

This is exactly their problem. They have good talent, so they seem to be content just trying to win 1-on-1s as opposed to setting their guys up for success. No intelligent motions, or routes that play off each other, or taking advantage of personnel mismatches, etc. It's just caveman style thought "AJ good. AJ win jump ball or draw flag." It's bonkers to me how bad they are at utilizing talent outside of that.

Ya, how is this guy considered an offensive coach and run this Dino ball. They were discussing how hurts doesn’t even check out of plays, he just hikes it with no pre snap comms. Disgusting coaching. 

7 hours ago, lavar703 said:

The Steelers were 11-0 the Covid year. Finished 12-4 I think and then lost in the first round of the playoffs. We've seen collapses like this before. 

That steelers team was the most fraudulent 11-0 team in history. Everyone with a brain knew what was about to happen. 

This eagles team beat KC, BUF, and DAL in consecutive weeks. That is two 2 seeds and a 3 seed. 

Howie strikes again. Eagles going to waste another season of possible contention with Sirianni when it's clear the players flat out gave up in that playoff game. This is probably an unpopular opinion but I think he's one of the most overrated GMs in the league.