Who do you want as the Steelers new Offensive Coordinator?

15 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

2/2 on OC candidates coming from McVay tree. That’s a good sign. 

Maybe Brown is a candidate to replace Sullivan I would be pretty underwhelmed if he was the OC hire.

I agree. I understand he was a hot name but it was such a disaster in Carolina, you can't overlook it. Good/great coordinators (and coaching in general) can make even bad teams look respectable. The Panthers offense was 

I just hope they don't go with Kingsbury. He has never really impressed me. 

Did a dive on Thomas Brown and find him to be interesting. I will share some videos when he was calling plays and his play designs are so McVay. Calvin Austin will be a monster using the routes. Y'all remember how McVay hides his guys with formations and Brown has incorporated all that in his scheme. Thomas Brown reminds me of Mike Tomlin. Even sounds like him.

38 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Another interesting name to follow. Iirc, wasn't Johnson a former Steelers QB?

For a hot minute in 2012. 

I got a gut feeling they really want to talk to Klint Kubiak. These interviews seem to be people close to him so far. 

• Like 1

I can’t see Johnson making a lateral move, especially if Slowik is hired to be a HC it’s his job to lose in Houston. 

On the flip side, I would see Brown as a QB coach under someone like Kubiak. I get a feeling that because Kubiak could be on the rise again you could see Tomlin/Khan wanting to create a pipeline on the offense so if he’s gone you have a qualified QB coach to promote. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I can’t see Johnson making a lateral move, especially if Slowik is hired to be a HC it’s his job to lose in Houston. 

On the flip side, I would see Brown as a QB coach under someone like Kubiak. I get a feeling that because Kubiak could be on the rise again you could see Tomlin/Khan wanting to create a pipeline on the offense so if he’s gone you have a qualified QB coach to promote. 

I just want to bring in as many creative, smart people as possible. Get me a good QB coach, a good O-line coach, a good OC, an offensive minded Asst HC. Fill the cupboards. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Did a dive on Thomas Brown and find him to be interesting. I will share some videos when he was calling plays and his play designs are so McVay. Calvin Austin will be a monster using the routes. Y'all remember how McVay hides his guys with formations and Brown has incorporated all that in his scheme. Thomas Brown reminds me of Mike Tomlin. Even sounds like him.

video 2 ... first play.... imma just have to stop you here we have too many guys in close proximity and then the play goes on and they seem to want to get closer to each other. assistant head coach?

5 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Another interesting name to follow. Iirc, wasn't Johnson a former Steelers QB?

just one of those days, huh? but it looks like the people the steelers are bringing in for interviews are the worst guys available. you would think a top college oc would love to make that jump to the nfl and you could have your pick of the litter. but they value job security and the steelers oc is a revolving door even with a franchise qb. that tells you you have serious recruiting problems but probably more so than that developing problems and im sure its a lot deeper than strength and conditioning as developing comes right back to scouting and seeing where a guy is good and where he is deficient.

we know why the steelers aren't attractive for an oc position but Jerrod Johnson and Thomas Brown or whatever are the first two names out of the gate. a lot of times you work your way to your target two weeks into the process and then offer him the job once he proved why he was the best. the problem is these candidates are outright embarrassing. even kliff kingsbury the mark whipple of the day is a joke to even consider