Raiders hire Antonio Pierce as Head Coach

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

There is no anti-AP crowd. You're trying to create narrative for literally no reason. Outside NY, name the "anti-AP crowd". You can't, it doesn't exist. 

There are two crowds - Those who became instantly enamored with the guy and bought in no matter what.

And those who would have preferred a more thorough search and question his short resume coming into this role.

Neither is right or wrong. Not everything has to be "your guy vs. my guy" Absolutely nobody "wants to see the team lose". So stop trying to create division with BS narratives.  

@bucksavage1

The fact you glossed right over this post proves the point about how you're trying nothing more to creative narratives. 

Who are the "anti-AP" crowd?

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

What? Was Matt Canada busy? There is no reason to entertain this clown. 

Maybe it's due diligence for a staff hire, who knows but he brings nothing to the table as a play caller. 

Ian Rapaport tried to say last week when he got fired that he's highly respected around the league so he shouldn't have a hard time finding another job as an OC

"highly sought after" "highly respected".....

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

What? Was Matt Canada busy? There is no reason to entertain this clown. 

Maybe it's due diligence for a staff hire, who knows but he brings nothing to the table as a play caller. 

Probably got Cam Cameron on speed dial lol

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The raiders coaches last year couldn’t do anything to win. I mean JMD and AP have both been run out of town after losing everywhere they’ve ever been lol

You’re lord and savior has been passed over for Mr Irrelevant and a rookie 4th round pick. 

I wonder if the Getsy interview could be anything to do with trying to gather intel on Justin Fields with a view to a potential trade for him.

Or if I’m just giving them a get out clause and more credit than they probably deserve for bringing this bum in for an interview.

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I wonder if the Getsy interview could be anything to do with trying to gather intel on Justin Fields with a view to a potential trade for him.

Or if I’m just giving them a get out clause and more credit than they probably deserve for bringing this bum in for an interview.

That would be weird (if they used it as an opportunity to get both that is)

I can disagree but understand the argument that Fields has potential but was held back. 

I can disagree but understand the argument that Getsy has potential but Fields held him back.

But together they really didn't prove they could be great. 

Can't we just fail on our own? 

Getsy? Fields? 

Why we gotta continually try and recycle everyone's garbage. 

I just wamt an OC that is either a proven commodity or an unknown and a QB that hasn't taken an NFL snap. If they fail, they're our failures. I don't want someone else's damaged goods anymore though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

I'm assuming they already have a ton of intel on him just because of Champ's ties to their front office.

Getsy's offense has been one of the best running units in the league, that's what AP wants, and he obviously has the connections to Champ.

4 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

This is great point. And exactly what I my complaints come from.

Like @Darbsk said, to diminish wins, positives and insult the coach as some rah-rah that doesn’t know what he’s doing isn’t right. The coach had several positives we haven’t seen here in decades

People can have questions and still be fair

I have questions about how the team will do if they lose PG and actually have to play against legitimate NFL QB's for 17 games

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Can't we just fail on our own? 

Getsy? Fields? 

Why we gotta continually try and recycle everyone's garbage. 

I just wamt an OC that is either a proven commodity or an unknown and a QB that hasn't taken an NFL snap. If they fail, they're our failures. I don't want someone else's damaged goods anymore though. 

NFL is not for long I don't think a lot of legitimate guys wanna tie their horse to the Kelly/AP wagon especially knowing Mark will fire you ASAP if the team doesn't compete for the playoffs almost immediately.

52 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm assuming they already have a ton of intel on him just because of Champ's ties to their front office.

Getsy's offense has been one of the best running units in the league, that's what AP wants, and he obviously has the connections to Champ.

A lot of that has to do with Fields though. He isn’t getting 1k from AoC lol