Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Prospects

Ulofoshio has been on my radar for 3-4 years him and the OLB there at UW. Both names not easy. I believe the OLB had an injury that kept him out a while. They stood out quite a bit previously.

Ulofoshio went to power house Bishop Gorman here in LV so thats always cool, but is from Alaska. He's a little older as well but has some nice tape in the past. I havent really looked at him this year. 

4 hours ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Ulofoshio has been on my radar for 3-4 years him and the OLB there at UW. Both names not easy. I believe the OLB had an injury that kept him out a while. They stood out quite a bit previously.

Ulofoshio went to power house Bishop Gorman here in LV so thats always cool, but is from Alaska. He's a little older as well but has some nice tape in the past. I havent really looked at him this year. 

If unblocked, he's a beast but he really struggles taking on blocks.

11 hours ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Without a doubt he is the most instinctual tackling linebacker out there .  His ability to always be around the ball is the most reminiscent of how Bobby Wagner was at Utah State that I can think of since Bobby Wagner. Im not saying he looks like Bobby Wagner per se, but he is always around the ball. He idoled Luke Kuechly which also makes sense. 

He's a better linebacker than Ryan Shazier ever was at Ohio State. If not for his injury history there is no doubt we'd be talking about him in Round 1.

The injury history is concerning. I wouldn't be very comfortable taking him until early third with the depth/level of talent in this class. I won't be surprised to see him go mid to late second but would also understand if he fell down the board to the end of day 2.

He could win DROY and then disappear two years later due to injury.

I disagree about him being better than Shazier. I've been high on Wilson for years. I said he was the best LB about 2 or 3 years ago but he was an Edge/LB hybrid. He's good but he's almost identical in skillset to Drew Sanders.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, warfelg said:

Honestly, it's the shoulder injury that worries me most with Payton.  It seems like it was really serious.  Knee injuries can reoccur through arthritis and we've seen that with Gurley, but there's also the flip side with Chubb where it worked out.  But that shoulder effects how he tackles.  His form in tackling looks way different since that injury and looks like he prefers to chase tackle rather than wrap up and hit.

No way would I have faith in a LB with neck and/or reoccurring shoulder injuries. 

• Like 1

Ourlads currently has Jayden Daniels listed as the #1 overall prospect.  

I have seen Daniels, Penix, Nix, McCarthy, and Rattler all across the board in mock drafts and prospect rankings.

Which rounds would these guys be worth drafting?  

I only watch the World Famous Steelers and the NFL playoffs, never college.  So, I have no idea.

Man, it's going to be tough to pass on these corners in RD1.
I still feel like they need to prioritise the trenches, but Wiggins, Arnold and Mitchell 
look like they could be very, very good.

21 minutes ago, mwalker said:

Man, it's going to be tough to pass on these corners in RD1.
I still feel like they need to prioritise the trenches, but Wiggins, Arnold and Mitchell 
look like they could be very, very good.

All three of them will be gone before 20.  Too valuable of a position.  The only one of those 3 that may fall is Wiggens because he is a stick

• Like 2

5 hours ago, armsteeld said:

I disagree about him being better than Shazier. I've been high on Wilson for years. I said he was the best LB about 2 or 3 years ago but he was an Edge/LB hybrid. He's good but he's almost identical in skillset to Drew Sanders.

He's a lot better than Drew Sanders. 

5 hours ago, armsteeld said:

If unblocked, he's a beast but he really struggles taking on blocks.

You mean like how Shazier did at OSU ? J/k but that was much of his MO. 

I also doubt we pursue Wilson. I wouldn't really want to use a pick on him before our 4th rounders back to back if we didn't get a LB by then. He is a much better player than that but we've been the walking wounded at the position and we more than most teams cant take on that risk at that position with our lack of depth. 

Edited by JustPlainNasty
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

You mean like how Shazier did at OSU ? J/k but that was much of his MO. 

I also doubt we pursue Wilson. I wouldn't really want to use a pick on him before our 4th rounders back to back if we didn't get a LB by then. He is a much better player than that but we've been the walking wounded at the position and we more than most teams cant take on that risk at that position with our lack of depth. 

What are your thoughts on ILB Nathaniel Watson?

3 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

I guess we can pretty much count quinyon Mitchell out after that combine performance 

Why? 4.33 with a 1.5 10 yd and a 38” vertical is pretty darn good. Sure he had some balls clank off his hands in the beginning but he closed strong. Ever hear of Ike Taylor? As a #2 to JPJ I’m fine with him.