Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Prospects

OC/OG/RT Tanor Bartolini 6'4 310: Strong drive blocker. Plays with a wide base & can handle bull rushes. Gets to the 2nd level well. Looks for work when not covered. Can pull and moves well in space. Strong hands to control the DL. I noticed him watching their big soft *** RB (Allen). Swing OL who can challenge for playing time.

My current mock:

Round 1: JC Latham OT Alabama
Round 2: Sedrick Van Pran Center Georgia
Round 3: Ruke Orhorhoro DE Clemson
Round 4a: Cam Hart CB Notre Dame
Round 4b: Ricky Pearsall WR Florida
Round 6: Josh Proctor S Ohio State
Round 7: Tory Taylor P Iowa

3 hours ago, DR43 said:

My current mock:

Round 1: JC Latham OT Alabama
Round 2: Sedrick Van Pran Center Georgia
Round 3: Ruke Orhorhoro DE Clemson
Round 4a: Cam Hart CB Notre Dame
Round 4b: Ricky Pearsall WR Florida
Round 6: Josh Proctor S Ohio State
Round 7: Tory Taylor P Iowa

First four picks are definitely solid.

ILB Edgerrin Cooper 6'3 230: Powerful hitter. Explosive. Strong hands to shock blockers. Gets through traffic well. Has sideline to sideline speed but isn't a blazer. Excellent blitzer (10) sacks. Many were projecting him as a pass rusher last season but ILB is his natural fit. Gets depth in Zone and comes downhill with 0 hesitation. My only concern is that he's a flatfooted standstill processor during some passing plays. That allows receivers to cross behind him while he's slowly processing. Reminds me way too much of Buddy Johnson.

1 hour ago, armsteeld said:

ILB Edgerrin Cooper 6'3 230: Powerful hitter. Explosive. Strong hands to shock blockers. Gets through traffic well. Has sideline to sideline speed but isn't a blazer. Excellent blitzer (10) sacks. Many were projecting him as a pass rusher last season but ILB is his natural fit. Gets depth in Zone and comes downhill with 0 hesitation. My only concern is that he's a flatfooted standstill processor during some passing plays. That allows receivers to cross behind him while he's slowly processing. Reminds me way too much of Buddy Johnson.

He'll be better than Buddy, but you're right, his processing part is his weakness. 
Very fast though and strong tackler tho...

• Like 1

OG Christian Mahogany 6'4 320: Powerful mauler. Mobile and gets to the 2nd level well. Has played LG and RG and pulls well to either side. Often goes for the KO block which can also make him miss. Strong pass blocker. Excellent drive blocker who can fit into the Steelers scheme. Seumalo turns 30 next season and will have 1 year left on his contract so it would be ideal to get a guy to groom behind him. Has played LT/RT due to injury. Was playing off a knee injury from 2022 so his 2023 season wasn't as strong.

ILB Nick Jackson 6'1 237: Solid tackler. Good blitzer. Uses hands to get off blocks. Has sideline to sideline speed. Can cover in the Slot in man or zone. Grad transfer from Virginia. I noticed Jackson watching Cooper Dejean (incomplete).

On 1/26/2024 at 10:17 AM, warfelg said:

Not player related but learned this from a OL guru, and it’s new on my “must have” list:

Look for Centers and Nose Tackles who have been a wrestler. As much as you want a center who can get in space, if these guys were wrestles they are good with their hands, good in tight spots, and can win by getting low and flipping the script. With the new CBA rules and restrictions in NCAA, the trench boys being wrestlers is their new way of learning these things. 

Looking at 3/5T and OG’s he said you want to look at Track and Field Throwers  or someone who also played catcher in baseball. These guys know how to house their base, they move laterally really well, and understand how to square up quickly while pivoting. 

I learned about this a few years ago. Jebrick and I had a discussion on this if I recall. I added this to my background/evaluation process. 

This was one of the reasons, I loved Tyler Linderbaum after doing some scouting on him. Despite his lack of girth/bulk/ideal size, his speed, leverage, positioning, and use of his hands was very impressive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steeler Hitman said:

I learned about this a few years ago. Jebrick and I had a discussion on this if I recall. I added this to my background/evaluation process. 

This was one of the reasons, I loved Tyler Linderbaum after doing some scouting on him. Despite his lack of girth/bulk/ideal size, his speed, leverage, positioning, and use of his hands was very impressive. 

Which is why I rank Zach Frazier higher than most

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mwalker said:

If there's any way we could draft both J.Latham and G.Barton, we'd have 
one of the meanest, most punishing offensive lines in the NFL.
Paired with Jones, just downright nasty.

Or Guyton and Frazier.  That would be some serious power

• Like 1