Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Prospects

10 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Y'all want  him in the 1st or do y'all think the position is undeserving?

If he is going to be your starting Center for the next 10 years then why not?

It will be hard to pass on one of the stud OTs in the 1st round though. You could just sit back and take your favorite one remaining at 20.

16 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

If he is going to be your starting Center for the next 10 years then why not?

It will be hard to pass on one of the stud OTs in the 1st round though. You could just sit back and take your favorite one remaining at 20.

You can still get good RT's in round 2/3.  You can't do that at C.

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

You can still get good RT's in round 2/3.  You can't do that at C.

True but I would rather a plug and play guy at RT just so there is no question about moving Jones back over to the left side the first day of training camp. You improve two positions by drafting one (RT) in my opinion. 

I kinda hope they sign Andre James or Cushenberry and draft a RT in round 1. 

2 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

True but I would rather a plug and play guy at RT just so there is no question about moving Jones back over to the left side the first day of training camp. You improve two positions by drafting one (RT) in my opinion. 

I kinda hope they sign Andre James or Cushenberry and draft a RT in round 1. 

Those guys are there in those rounds.  Jordan Morgan, Tyler Guyton, Kingley Suamataia, Patrick Paul, Kiran Amegadjie, Blake Fisher, and maybe Matt Goncalves are all guys you can get in RD 2-3 and I would feel comfortable playing RT day one.

This class is legit 15 deep with starting quality tackles.  Then you got guys like Coker, Driskell, Thomas, Greenfield, Ezirim, Wallace who all have development potential.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Those guys are there in those rounds.  Jordan Morgan, Tyler Guyton, Kingley Suamataia, Patrick Paul, Kiran Amegadjie, Blake Fisher, and maybe Matt Goncalves are all guys you can get in RD 2-3 and I would feel comfortable playing RT day one.

This class is legit 15 deep with starting quality tackles.  Then you got guys like Coker, Driskell, Thomas, Greenfield, Ezirim, Wallace who all have development potential.

I will take your word for it. I thought it was more of a top heavy OT draft.

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

Very few if any of the CBs have any skill in their position.  for them you have to look at the build and athletic ability mostly.  I would happily take Mitchell on day 2.  I think he will be long gone with this class of CBs.

I will also add that these practices heavily favor the Wr over the DB.  Watch game film.  It is always the goto.  These practices should be used so you note a player then go back and look at game film. 

I agree but it also shows limitations in movements. If I'm running a press system but the CB plays off man and struggles turning his hips them I'm pushing him down or off my list. 

4 hours ago, warfelg said:

2 big positions of need for us are ot and cb. I think both run 15+ deep and we will have an option for starters on day 2. 

I'm starting to think in the same way that center in the 1st and the other positions on day 2 might be best route depending on how draft falls 

Edited by Big Snack

Whatever right tackle they draft should compete with Moore on the right side. Jones should be the starting left tackle, and Moore can be a backup if he can’t compete at right tackle. He ultimately needs to get reps at both positions and deal with it.

This draft is one of the better ones depth wise in a while.

Not often do you see this many viable options at OT, CB and QB in the same draft. To go a long with that WR is very strong and deep. 

Its lighter at TE and RB but last year TE class was probably the best ever really. 

DT depth seems to be ummm but depends what you are looking for I think. 

With all the possible QB options in the 1st round the chances of trading down could be better than most years. Picking up a second and or an early third would be very desirable imo. Think you can find satisfying OT, CB & WR options early to mid second.