Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Prospects

I have been wondering if AD Mitchell will fall to us at 51 like Pickens did. Or at least to striking distance for a small trade up. The ingredients are there like they were for Pickens. Stacked WR draft full a ton of options in the same range, teams will opt to pass on the “risky” option with underwhelming stats and effort concerns. People forget Pickens was consistently mocked from 20-40 leading up to the draft.

Brian Thomas, Troy Franklin, McConkey, Pearsall, Legette, Xavier Worthy, Keon Coleman, Burton, Baker is a ton of names that could go ahead of Mitchell. 

Now I love the talent but the thought of combining Mitchell with Pickens is terrifying in both a good and bad way. But if he did fall to the mid 2nd round I don’t think Tomlin would be able to resist himself. 

Im rambling at this point but imagine a Mims - AD Mitchell start to the draft. 

6 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Regarding AD Mitchell and those who want him at 20, you can get a similar prospect at 51 or even on day 3 in Devontez Walker. Devontez ran a 4.36 and has a 40" vertical and 11'2" broad jump. I want someone special at 20 and AD is just another linear speed guy. He did play with George Pickens at Georgia so that's a plus but the difference between Walker and Mitchell is too close for me to be a fan of AD at 20.

Walker didn’t have a great senior bowl process, but he could be a better value than a lot of other vertical threats in this draft. How is his character is my question…?…

https://x.com/ericgalko/status/1777685640953450611?s=46&t=qcRuXjH2St1oLeP8Aph7Og

More Renardo Green love. All this guy does is shut down elite WRs in press man coverage. The idea that he could be had late in the 3rd round is crazy to me. Put him on the other side from JPJ and outside receivers will not be able to breathe against us for 6-8 years.

Edited by bigben07MVP
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

https://x.com/ericgalko/status/1777685640953450611?s=46&t=qcRuXjH2St1oLeP8Aph7Og

More Renardo Green love. All this guy does is shut down elite WRs in press man coverage. The idea that he could be had late in the 3rd round is crazy to me. Put him on the other side from JPJ and outside receivers will not be able to breathe against us for 6-8 years.

That would be awesome. If we grabbed a talent like Green in the 3rd, we'd be set. Very similar to last year's draft haul. 

28 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

What's the skinny on Patrick Paul, OT from Houston? Would you rather take him in the 2nd or Blake Fisher in the 3rd?

Very raw but extremely toolsy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

What's the skinny on Patrick Paul, OT from Houston? Would you rather take him in the 2nd or Blake Fisher in the 3rd?

Fisher in the 3rd.  Neither are starting in their 1st year but Fisher is closer

• Like 1

17 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Regarding AD Mitchell and those who want him at 20, you can get a similar prospect at 51 or even on day 3 in Devontez Walker. Devontez ran a 4.36 and has a 40" vertical and 11'2" broad jump. I want someone special at 20 and AD is just another linear speed guy. He did play with George Pickens at Georgia so that's a plus but the difference between Walker and Mitchell is too close for me to be a fan of AD at 20.

Id prefer Baker or Thrash over several of the guys mentioned higher. The McCaffrey kid is nice, McCorley is decent in his way, the Florida kid is nice but I think is getting pumped up higher than Id like when getting a draft value / sleeper. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

That would be awesome. If we grabbed a talent like Green in the 3rd, we'd be set. Very similar to last year's draft haul. 

I think he’d start in the slot, and be one of the better nickels, from day one. I’m sure he could be a great one on the outside, eventually…too.

4 hours ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Id prefer Baker or Thrash over several of the guys mentioned higher. The McCaffrey kid is nice, McCorley is decent in his way, the Florida kid is nice but I think is getting pumped up higher than Id like when getting a draft value / sleeper. 

Thrash runs great routes, limited drift, economy of movement and sets it up well.

Edited by rlon

5 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Massive OT that is a catcher during pass pro. He isn't aggressive with his hands and when he strikes, he attacks and grabs/holds the outside of the shoulders. If he fixes those issues, he can be good. I liked him a couple years ago but he hasn't developed too much.

I'd rather have Blake Fisher. He's very active with his strikes and I like how he gets movement in the running game. He does give a lil too much ground in pass pro but can be coached up out of it.

22 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Massive OT that is a catcher during pass pro. He isn't aggressive with his hands and when he strikes, he attacks and grabs/holds the outside of the shoulders. If he fixes those issues, he can be good. I liked him a couple years ago but he hasn't developed too much.

I'd rather have Blake Fisher. He's very active with his strikes and I like how he gets movement in the running game. He does give a lil too much ground in pass pro but can be coached up out of it.

You had me at the running game prowess, agreed…

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Green in the 2nd and jarrian Jones with 1 of the 3rds 

I'd be ok with that 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

Green in the 2nd and jarrian Jones with 1 of the 3rds 

I'd be ok with that 

The Steelers have 2 solid corners (Porter and Jackson) and 3 backups (Trice, Rush, and Barnes) with potential right now. I don’t think they need 2 corners early. They have other needs. To me, they can even just target a slot in this draft, which is what they are really lacking. I think CB is slated to be a stronger position than people think for this team, best case is getting one guy in the draft who can play the slot immediately and with a high ceiling overall. Either Of the two above corners would be good picks IMO. And, of course, replacing Kazee with Justin Simmons would be nice.