Conference Championship: San Francisco 49ers vs Detroit Lions

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Lions are not a team to abandon the run. Even if a team is down 21, they can continue to run the ball until about partway through the 3rd. 

The key is to force them into 2nd and long or 3rd and more than 6/7. 

The entire NFL world is against us this week. Everyone is rooting for the lions. The media is coming after Brock hard this week. I think this team responds. They go to war with Brock, they don't take this stuff lightly. 

This is true and I do not get it at all. If there was a team I would expect to get some hate it would be the Chiefs, but for some reason the world has picked us as the team to hate.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GW21 said:

This is true and I do not get it at all. If there was a team I would expect to get some hate it would be the Chiefs, but for some reason the world has picked us as the team to hate.

I wouldn't say we are "hated" as much as it is two things:

1) The lions are a good story because they have not made it this far basically ever

2) People refuse to believe Brock is HIM and therefore they doubt us. 

Brock is going for 350+ and 3TDs next week. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Forge said:

Man, the ringer ripped Brock's performance apart lol. 

And Ruiz was the stable one lol. Nora was just in like full meltdown mode about Purdy

Yeah, whatever. It's funny how interpolation works. National folks get the data points that they get and assume that the data points in between were similar (proving how very smart they were) and that conditions are unimportant to the nature of individual data points. Awesome quarterbacks are mostly awesome and that includes the playoffs where due to their awesomeness, they also get more chances than most to make an impact.  I'll be worried about Brock when there isn't more evidence he isn't awesome. Right now, he's had half a year of being one of the most efficient rookies ever coming off a half season with no reps and was at or near the top of the league of every measurable category in his second year. And we're placing more weight on a single game in a rainstorm that effected the other guy too - Brock and Jordan were the two best PFF graded quarterbacks over the last ten weeks and posted 50-something grades in the game - than a large mountain of evidence. Hey man, have a bad game against a not great Detroit defense in perfect conditions, that's a different story. But I have a whole lot of evidence against the Arizonas and Tampa Bays and such that when Brock gets one of these 20-something rated pass defenses, they don't do so hot.

Edited by JIllg

Need the D-line to create pressure and get sacks on Goff make him uncomfortable and make him make mistakes. We did that alot when he was on the Rams. I'm worried about the Lions running big on us throughout the game. Hopefully Thomas doesn't commit more PIs this game and I hope Brown starts this game. I think offensively we should be good as long as it doesn't rain. Purdy should be able to feast on that secondary. Hopefully Deebo plays so they have more options, but if not I think we still take it. Should be a close game, the Lions are a good team.

SF- 34

Lions - 30

Folks still don't realize what kind of offense this is lol. I've been hammering all season long that this is clearly a pass first team. Kyle uses the pass to set up the run. There is a reason why this was one of the most efficient offenses of all time. 

And now that Kyle has a QB he trusts, he doesn't have to rely on just play action to generate big plays in the passing game. 

IF we do make it to the SB, then against both those two teams we will need to run it from start to finish and then use the running game to set up the big plays in the passing game. That's just not what we have been all season though. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, NinersFan4Life said:

https://x.com/_mlfootball/status/1749883520992899140?s=46&t=rNcTW4pgFL3eSY-hYnCGfA

I fully expect Purdy to have a game against the Lions. 

Yet they allowed only 24, 20, 20, 23 and 23 points in those five games. They allow very few rushing yards while allowing a lot of passing yards but being stout enough in the RZ. You can move the ball on this defense, but can you score in the RZ? That's the key. They are opportunistic and don't let you run inside the 20 yard line.

It comes down to our RZ execution and really our RZ defense got enough stops early in the game against the Packers that ended up making the difference in the game. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yet they allowed only 24, 20, 20, 23 and 23 points in those five games. They allow very few rushing yards while allowing a lot of passing yards but being stout enough in the RZ. You can move the ball on this defense, but can you score in the RZ? That's the key. They are opportunistic and don't let you run inside the 20 yard line.

It comes down to our RZ execution and really our RZ defense got enough stops early in the game against the Packers that ended up making the difference in the game. 

I agree with this. If I’m not mistaken us and the Lions have the most success in the RZ. Our RZ defense is better than theirs and was massive in the Packers game like you said. If we can continue our RZ execution we should win this game.  If we can get the run game going too it should make the game a lot easier as well. 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

I wonder if they'll shadow ASB with Ward. I'm thinking no

I wouldn't tbh.

He's a smaller, quicker guy.

Mooney seems to perform better against those taller, lengthier types.

St. Brown will get his catches. 

Not too concern with that.

It's not allowing the YAC and swarming to him once gets his catches, for me.

Gibbs is one guy that keeps me up at night.

We haven't really faced a player like him all year and not sure what the plan is there.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

I wonder if they'll shadow ASB with Ward. I'm thinking no

No, he lines up in the slot too much. Lenoir matches up better with him anyways.

Purdy admitted one of the biggest issues on Saturday was that he was too late going to the checkdown because he was looking for the big play. I don't think the Lions will play him the same way. 

• Like 2