NFC Championship Game: Detroit Lions @ San Francisco 49ers

Louis Friend

Well thanks to refs bailing out Patrick again the Lions have a chance to face KC again.

Gotta get past SF but would be crazy way to end year against team you opened against.

For SF game CMC is the guy who freaks me out. He's just all over the field. 

• Like 1

CMC is going to crush us on screens. Kittle and CMC in the short-intermediate. People seem pretty sure Deebo won't play, but even without him it's a tough matchup. Very winnable game, especially since the 49ers offense seem to stretch the field wide instead of long. I doubt we give up any 50+ yard TDs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

CMC is going to crush us on screens. Kittle and CMC in the short-intermediate. People seem pretty sure Deebo won't play, but even without him it's a tough matchup. Very winnable game, especially since the 49ers offense seem to stretch the field wide instead of long. I doubt we give up any 50+ yard TDs.

Yea White had that amazing screen and White is 1/10 player CMC is.

Detroit gotta be careful how aggressive they are.

I think if they are as aggressive as they were today it would be mistake.

Make Purdy beat you. 

5 minutes ago, MortexLion said:

Idk guy's after that win I took a 2 hours nap and saw into the future Lions Win By 10 in 49ers back yard. Ravens vs Detroit...**** !!!!

I want another crack at KC. I hate how much Patrick cries to refs and wanna see Detroit hit him over and over 

• Like 4

DET OFF VS SF DEF

• Pass: 85.4
  • PBLK: 69.6 v 89.7 PRSH (-20.1)
  • RUN: 88.3
  • RBLK: 78.0 v 68.4 RDEF (+9.6)
  • REC: 84.5 v 92.1 COV (-7.6)

NET PTS = -18.1

SF OFF VS DET DEF

• Pass: 82.8
  • PBLK: 55.0 v 75.3 PRSH (+20.3)
  • RUN: 92.1
  • RBLK: 82.8 v 76.1 RDEF (-6.7)
  • REC: 90.5 v 55.9 COV (-34.6)

NET PTS = - 21.0

TOTAL = -24.7

If we do wind up playing against the 49ers, keys to the game appear to be - run the ball and control the clock; stop the run and don't let CMC get hot; get pressure on Purdy and force him into mistakes; take your opportunities when you can in the passing game. We would have a chance to win that game. We're not as close as I expected we could be but we're also not as far off as some of the other matchups we've seen (or like TB is). 

Seeing the title of this thread seems surreal.  Wearing my Lions gear with pride three weeks into the offseason doesn't seem real.  I was just hoping to get a playoff win this year to get the monkey off our back because I didn't think we were there yet as a team.  But MCDC just keeps getting this team ready.  For all of the criticism Aaron Glenn gets, he is getting enough out of a D that lacks talent in a lot of places.  He is organizing and working with position coaches who have patiently worked with guys like Iffy, Barnes, Kerby, Jack Campbell, and even Levi and Paschal to develop into solid defenders who make an impact.  As rough as our CBs have been we are running Kindle Vildor out there most of the time and still somehow not giving up 35 a game.  Glenn should get credit for that.  He is adapting and blitzing more which is causing a significantly higher number of sacks.  Now we need to take better advantage of those on 3rd and 4th and long to get off the field.  Against SF, we will have to pressure Purdy, contain CMC, and on the other side, control the clock against a very good defense.  I trust we will be ready. Goff going home for a playoff game is fantastic. We are 7 point underdogs. Lets go get that W.      

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Seeing the title of this thread seems surreal.  Wearing my Lions gear with pride three weeks into the offseason doesn't seem real.  I was just hoping to get a playoff win this year to get the monkey off our back because I didn't think we were there yet as a team.  But MCDC just keeps getting this team ready.  For all of the criticism Aaron Glenn gets, he is getting enough out of a D that lacks talent in a lot of places.  He is organizing and working with position coaches who have patiently worked with guys like Iffy, Barnes, Kerby, Jack Campbell, and even Levi and Paschal to develop into solid defenders who make an impact.  As rough as our CBs have been we are running Kindle Vildor out there most of the time and still somehow not giving up 35 a game.  Glenn should get credit for that.  He is adapting and blitzing more which is causing a significantly higher number of sacks.  Now we need to take better advantage of those on 3rd and 4th and long to get off the field.  Against SF, we will have to pressure Purdy, contain CMC, and on the other side, control the clock against a very good defense.  I trust we will be ready. Goff going home for a playoff game is fantastic. We are 7 point underdogs. Lets go get that W.      

I feel like we have a much better shot against SF than we would have against GB. It sounds crazy to say it but Purdy's lack of rushing ability is a plus in our favour. If we can get James Houston into the mix, he might be able to provide a complimentary pass rush that can open up room for Hutchinson. 

I feel like we can shut CMC down as a rusher (or at least limit his effectiveness). It's his ability as a receiver that scares me the most. 

With Deebo being 50/50, it does eliminate one key weapon for the Niners. Unfortunately for us, they have CMC, Kittle and Aiyuk. So they're not lacking. 

No Deebo would be great for us, but I’m expecting him to play. 

Watching the Packers go toe to toe with 49ers, I know it was a rain game and sloppy, but the difference in the game was red zone efficiency and turnovers. Play a clean game and score TDs and Lions have a chance. 

Kittle will get his, CMC will be tough, but we can’t let guys like Aiyuk, Jennings and their deeper guys go off. Basically, how we’ve been playing all season. 

I'm not confident enough to predict a win, I still think the league wants Niners/Ravens, but I think we give them one helluva fight. 

• Like 1