NFC Championship Game: Detroit Lions @ San Francisco 49ers

Louis Friend

Just now, Nnivolcm said:

I saw that article and they weren't clear if he was out for the game or out for the practice. Pretty poor reporting imo.

I saw that and was like "wtf.. that's not good".

I looked at the team's injury designation (which is what I tried to cut and paste) on the team's website. 

Moving from DNP to LP is a positive step in the right direction for LaPorta. I'd be shocked if he didn't play on Sunday with what is on the line. 

Player Position Injury Wed Thu Fri Game Status

Jonah Jackson G Knee DNP DNP DNP Out

Kalif Raymond WR Knee DNP DNP DNP Out

Hendon Hooker QB Tooth (-) (-) DNP Questionable

Chase Lucas CB Illness (-) DNP LP Questionable

Alex Anzalone MLB Shoulder/Ribs LP LP FP Unspecified

James Houston DE Ankle FP FP FP Unspecified

Sam LaPorta TE Knee DNP LP FP Unspecified

Frank Ragnow C Ankle/Toe/Knee/Back DNP DNP FP Unspecified

Josh Reynolds WR Ribs LP LP FP Unspecified

15 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:
Player Position Injury Wed Thu Fri Game Status

Jonah Jackson G Knee DNP DNP DNP Out

Kalif Raymond WR Knee DNP DNP DNP Out

Hendon Hooker QB Tooth (-) (-) DNP Questionable

Chase Lucas CB Illness (-) DNP LP Questionable

Alex Anzalone MLB Shoulder/Ribs LP LP FP Unspecified

James Houston DE Ankle FP FP FP Unspecified

Sam LaPorta TE Knee DNP LP FP Unspecified

Frank Ragnow C Ankle/Toe/Knee/Back DNP DNP FP Unspecified

Josh Reynolds WR Ribs LP LP FP Unspecified

I suppose we are about as healthy as you could expect to be at this point in the season.

2 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I suppose we are about as healthy as you could expect to be at this point in the season.

49ers report hasn't come out yet. However, they were resting Bosa and Trent Williams; Deebo was limited yesterday but seems likely to go for Sunday. Everyone else was FP. 

Packer fan here wishing the Lions well today against the 49ers. I have a feeling we will see a lot of your fans in Levi Stadium today. Have a great time and enjoy the game. The 49ers are definitely beatable and your running game will be a key factor today in your success. Looking forward to your team representing the NFC in the Super Bowl. I'll definitely be watching and cheering for you all.

• Like 2

They need to hit Purdy a lot. They also need to run the ball and control the clock.

Detroit was 6th in league in TOP. SF is 9th.

Control clock, hit Purdy and create a turnover or two.

Blitzing  him doesn't work so the hits need to come without blitzing. Gonna need that coverage so can't afford to send extra at QB 

• Like 2

Get it done Lions! Regardless of what happens today, the Lions are once again respected around the league. To think it started by trading away a franchise quarterback still in his prime took some big balls IMO. 

The city deserves this! 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

They need to hit Purdy a lot. They also need to run the ball and control the clock.

Detroit was 6th in league in TOP. SF is 9th.

Control clock, hit Purdy and create a turnover or two.

Blitzing  him doesn't work so the hits need to come without blitzing. Gonna need that coverage so can't afford to send extra at QB 

The Lions might have more success running the ball than a lot of people expect.  The 49rs D-Line has a fierce pass-rush but they aren't nearly as good against the run.  

3 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

The Lions might have more success running the ball than a lot of people expect.  The 49rs D-Line has a fierce pass-rush but they aren't nearly as good against the run.  

Have to get to the second level and get a hat on those linebackers. The Packers were able to do it with some success.