2024 Mocks

D82

14 hours ago, quiller said:

A lot of how this up coming draft will depend on how the team feels about Gallup.  If they do not see keeping him then a high pick will be used in WR I imagine.   I would love a OT in the first and keep Smith at guard ….   But this seems unlikely 

My next step should be looking at the D draft picks last time Zimmer was here get an idea what type of players he want…

With Cooks age and Gallups price and increasing age, it makes sense.to draft a WR early on either way. And when there is a player like Marvin Harrison Jr available (who reminds me more of Larry Fitzgerald than Marvin Harrison) you put a second mortgage on your house to go up and get him if you can. Price would be steep but the talent drop from Harrison to the next tier is just as steep. That's not saying the next tier is that bad (they aren't) it's saying Harrison is THAT good.

21 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

With Cooks age and Gallups price and increasing age, it makes sense.to draft a WR early on either way. And when there is a player like Marvin Harrison Jr available (who reminds me more of Larry Fitzgerald than Marvin Harrison) you put a second mortgage on your house to go up and get him if you can. Price would be steep but the talent drop from Harrison to the next tier is just as steep. That's not saying the next tier is that bad (they aren't) it's saying Harrison is THAT good.

There’s not a chance Dallas has the draft capital to go get MHJR.  Short of trading Dak or Parsons they ain’t getting close to him

22 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

You’re living in fantasy land. Not a chance we are within striking distance. Detroit wanted Ware and #11 when we inquired about moving up to draft Calvin Johnson. This is similar. Maaaaybe Micah and #24 does it, but even that, I doubt. Not gonna happen.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

20 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

You’re living in fantasy land. Not a chance we are within striking distance. Detroit wanted Ware and #11 when we inquired about moving up to draft Calvin Johnson. This is similar. Maaaaybe Micah and #24 does it, but even that, I doubt. Not gonna happen.

Not only that, do you really mortgage everything for a WR when Dak Prescott is the QB? I wouldn't. I'd mortgage the future for a different QB, but not a WR, and I think Marvin Harrison, Jr. is a walking HOF player in the making.

I am not in favor of spending capital to get 1 elite guy unless that is a can’t miss DL prospect and I don’t see that in this years draft.   
I will keep harping OL WR OL RB LB much in that order 

2 hours ago, quiller said:

I am not in favor of spending capital to get 1 elite guy unless that is a can’t miss DL prospect and I don’t see that in this years draft.   
I will keep harping OL WR OL RB LB much in that order 

A can’t miss d-lineman isn’t the key to winning a Super Bowl. It’s the QB. That’s the only position you mortgage anything for.

On 2/12/2024 at 6:43 PM, plan9misfit said:

A can’t miss d-lineman isn’t the key to winning a Super Bowl. It’s the QB. That’s the only position you mortgage anything for.

Well sure helped the Rams win one.  Don’t tell me it was the QB who put them over the hump.  

i did a mock. Not sure how it figured the comp picks but it gave me 7…

24 Graham Barton OL

56 Edgerrin Cooper LB 

87 Johnny Wilson WR

173 Roger Rosengarden OL

213 Frank Gore Jr RB

after here just throw a dart at things!

231 Tanner Bortolini OL

242 Braiden McGreggor edge

i was happy with OL choices and WR not sure about Cooper but had high marks  it rated out very high and Gore would be a kick in his pants to his dad

1 hour ago, quiller said:

Well sure helped the Rams win one.  Don’t tell me it was the QB who put them over the hump.  

24 Graham Barton OL

56 Edgerrin Cooper LB 

87 Johnny Wilson WR

173 Roger Rosengarden OL

213 Frank Gore Jr RB

231 Tanner Bortolini OL

i was happy with OL choices and WR not sure about Cooper but had high marks  it rated out very high and Gore would be a kick in his pants to his dad

Regardless of whether they “helped” the Rams win the Super Bowl, they would never have gotten there without Stafford. That’s the difference.

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Regardless of whether they “helped” the Rams win the Super Bowl, they would never have gotten there without Stafford. That’s the difference.

Actually I believe it was the refs who helped the most but what ever.  And to call Stafford a generational QB is a huge stretch.  Sure couldn’t win games on  his own at Detroit and at LA with out “help”

54 minutes ago, quiller said:

Actually I believe it was the refs who helped the most but what ever.  And to call Stafford a generational QB is a huge stretch.  Sure couldn’t win games on  his own at Detroit and at LA with out “help”

Regardless of what you like to claim, they couldn’t have gotten there without him and won the Super Bowl the first season he arrived, while all Dak has done is come up small in the playoffs each and every year. 

5 hours ago, quiller said:

24 Graham Barton OL

56 Edgerrin Cooper LB 

87 Johnny Wilson WR

173 Roger Rosengarden OL

213 Frank Gore Jr RB

231 Tanner Bortolini OL

Those first 4 picks are rock solid, though Rosengarden is likely going much higher. Don’t know much about Gore at this point. Good bloodlines though.