Titans Hire Brian Callahan for HC

615finest

36 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Still some national media believe that Will Levis status next year is up in the air and that they may "cut him" now lol

Or 

That there are big doubts in the building about him?  I know nothing is for sure and never say never. 

Josina isn't plugged in to this team. 

But would go total opposite of any and everything I believe to be true. 

Her wordage seems a bit wonky and all over the place, really not buying her clouded *** message.

Do we really think there is a possibility Will won't be the starter come week 1? Or there is ideas of the front office possibly moving in another direction. From what Amy said it seems like for at least next year we are bought into Will being the guy.

I don't know. I ain't buying that. I think Will gets another year and then we evaluate options.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

And of course the reception from most national media and football fans is that we just made a "blah" hire. 

Respect Brian Callahan but don't see this as a top tier hire. 

Which lets me know it was the right move. Lol 

Before I did a deep dive into him once we showed interest, I would’ve thought the same. He’s not the new hot shot OC like Slowik, he didn’t get national credit for the offensive success of the Bengals like Ben Johnson does, he isn’t viewed as the guy who helped elevate Burrow like Todd Monken with Lamar or Dave Canales with Baker Mayfield.

He’s not a “sexy” name but thank God it takes more to being a qualified head coach than being a “sexy” name or a good playcaller.

• Like 2

Callahan has plenty to pick from for his DC but the guy I want is 49ers DL coach Kris Kocurek. Coached with Callahan in Detroit, worked with Ran in San Francisco. He was the DL coach during the Suh era and has helped developed a number of guys during his tenure as a DL coach (Suh, Cliff Avril, Nick Fairley, Ezekiel Ansah, Nick Bosa, Arik Armstead). Also coached under great defensive minds in Jim Schwartz, Teryl Austin, Robert Saleh, and  Demeco Ryans. He also was a Titan in his brief playing career in the NFL, so another feather in his cap.

Hang on to Terrell Williams as DL coach, hire Kocurek as DC, find a way to get both Callahan and Munchak to coach the OL. You’d have some of the best teachers and developers for the all important trenches on both sides of the ball.

Edited by TitanSlim
  • Like 1

WTF is Josina even talking about. She's talking as if Levis was performing at a Pickett level. I think if Levis was on another team, had the exact same play as he had here, we as a fanbase would be looking from afar and be like "Yeah, X team is definitely gonna keep rolling with Levis."

He showed plenty. Didn't light the world on fire like Stroud this year, but showed plenty. Doesn't mean it'll pan out long term, but he's clearly our #1 starter next year and Josina alludes to the opposite of that.

We do need to bring in better a backup (ie Tyrod or someone similar), but that's not as much for competition as it is insurance.

I mentioned this to some buddies the other day...and I firmly believe it...the only 2 people in the building that thought RT would be here in 2024 as the starter were Ryan and Vrabel. Delusional. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

WTF is Josina even talking about. She's talking as if Levis was performing at a Pickett level. I think if Levis was on another team, had the exact same play as he had here, we as a fanbase would be looking from afar and be like "Yeah, X team is definitely gonna keep rolling with Levis."

He showed plenty. Didn't light the world on fire like Stroud this year, but showed plenty. Doesn't mean it'll pan out long term, but he's clearly our #1 starter next year and Josina alludes to the opposite of that.

We do need to bring in better a backup (ie Tyrod or someone similar), but that's not as much for competition as it is insurance.

I mentioned this to some buddies the other day...and I firmly believe it...the only 2 people in the building that thought RT would be here in 2024 as the starter were Ryan and Vrabel. Delusional. 

the funny thing is if we had picked levis at 11 and he had the exact same season he just did nobody would be questioning whether you ride with him for another year.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

the funny thing is if we had picked levis at 11 and he had the exact same season he just did nobody would be questioning whether you ride with him for another year.

Levis is pretty much an 1st rounder. That's how should be treated. He deserves time unless he just bottoms out this year or shows nothing. 

Similar to how Derek Carr was in Oakland for so long. Similar to Lamar. Similar to Josh Allen. And any other QB that flashes as a rookie and maybe didn't throw for 5000 yards the first year. 

It's not like even drafting Levis was some controversial/power move pick by Carthon.

We had a progressively-getting-worse-and-older Ryan Tannehill and an already-horrible-with-no-hope-in-sight Malik Willis on the roster. That's it.

12 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

While I agree with both of you that the take is ridiculous, in fairness, 11th overall is a bigger investment, so you are incentivized to stick with them longer.  First rounders are valuable.

Lots of smoke around Brown at OC.

James Bettcher and Cory Undlin seem like likely DC candidates in my mind.  Both have connections with Ran and Callahan.

What's funnier though is everyone seems way more excited about OL coach than either coordinator position.

Will Levis is 100% going to be our week one starter next year. Barring an injury in camp or preseason. Guy was essentially a first round pick and played well with absolutely no help...I'll be extremely pissed if he isn't 🤷

• Like 1