Raiders expected to hire Tom Telesco as the GM

NYRaider

Wonder what his choice at QB is and how much that factored into him getting the job.

Saw a random piece of info somewhere that Champ was good with AOC and Davis didn't like that. Not even sure how much truth was in it, but it makes sense. 

Would make me like Telesco a bit more if he has a grand plan for getting a QB. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Wonder what his choice at QB is and how much that factored into him getting the job.

Saw a random piece of info somewhere that Champ was good with AOC and Davis didn't like that. Not even sure how much truth was in it, but it makes sense. 

If we go Rookie round 1, I’d  look out for Andy Dalton as the veteran QB in the room with AOC and Rookie.

I’m cautiously optimistic. A little concerned that we presumably need to turn over our entire scouting department yet again in a pivotal offseason but it’s undeniable that he constructed a really good roster over the past 10 years. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The list looks acceptable but he doesn't appear to be some genius. The Chargers had talent but ALWAYS underperformed.

Isn't that more of a coaching issue though? Talent is GM, execution and performance is coaching?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

There hasn't been a single player he has drafted outside of the first two rounds that received an extension with the Chargers.

Genuine question here....Keenan Allen never got an extension?

Edited by RaisinBran
*Keenan

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Maybe the injuries had something to do with coaching too, just poor management all round of the talent.

Maybe I’m clutching at straws here, but if we have a guy who can identify talent in Telesco and a coach who can get guys bought in, working hard to improve and over achieving we may be onto something……….

Feels boom or bust. But yeah, the guy who's built talented but underachieving rosters paired with the guy who can motivate and coach up players seems like good match. But when does anything ever go as planned with this team. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

I didn’t think we would hire him but Mark was going towards the experienced GM after hiring 3 in a row 1st time GMs. I don’t hate the hire but certainly unexpected.

Options were limited sadly

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

Trade for Herbert 😂