The Coaching Staff Thread

Totty

4 minutes ago, Jerry said:

No.  I'd be pretty disappointed.  We'd be fun to watch, but with the caveat of only winning 7-9 games per year.

idk man, strong defense, strong run game. Fields deep ball to keep teams honest, to go along with better weapons than hes ever had. Focus on OL and defense rest of offseason. I think Fields offers big upside, i dont think we can go into the draft with AOC as the guy

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Geezy said:

idk man, strong defense, strong run game. Fields deep ball to keep teams honest, to go along with better weapons than hes ever had. Focus on OL and defense rest of offseason. I think Fields offers big upside, i dont think we can go into the draft with AOC as the guy

I agree with the last bit about AOC, I just don't like the situation with Fields.  If he pans out, then we will have to pay him top dollar after this upcoming season.  If he doesn't pan out, then we wasted picks.  At least with a rookie QB we have a QB under contract for 4 years while we build up the rest of the roster and try to win a championship.  Most of the teams that have won the SB over the past 15 years either did it with Tom Brady, P. Mahomes, Peyton Manning, or a QB on their rookie contract.

• Like 1

It's all about price for Fields. I think at worst he would be a very capable #2 and a high-end short yardage/utility weapon. If the asking price was say a 4th I do that all day. If it's a 2nd or a combination of high-ish picks, I likely stay away.

I think Fields has shown a ton of ability but a lot of inconsistency. However you have to remember he was in a god awful situation for a QB in Chicago. Get him out of there and with a bright young OC and he could take off.

• Like 1

Looking at the Washington staff from 2013 where almost every assistant coach is a HC now or at least soon.

There is one left that could be interesting for us. 

Chris Foerster O-Line Coach and run game coordinator.

(I was just curious, because there are now 5 HCs Out of Shanahans stuff)

Kind of a random question incoming.

is there a limit to the number of coaches and executives a team can have on staff?

The impetus of the question lies in the 3rd round compensation for losing a  minority  coach/executive.  Theoretically could a team bring on an abundance of minority staff with a long-term vision of gaining draft picks by gaming the system ?

Just thinking about how much clout a successful coaching tree has in getting their staff hired, despite an often lack of experience from those assistants.  Kind of feels like the rich getting richer…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I will preface this by saying my pick would be Zac Robinson. However, let's try to keep an open mind here. When we first hired Patrick Graham to be our D coordinator, I thought what are we doing? The Giants D is awful and now we got their coach? Fast forward and look how things have changed. Graham is now getting interviews for head coaching jobs and our D is good despite the holes. 

Keep an open mind bruh.