2024 Free Agency Discussion

RaidersAreOne

31 minutes ago, drew39k said:

At this point field is a cooking out a bronco. Not sure any other team has a need that makes sense. Personally, if I'm Chicago I'm keeping him to be the starter while Caleb Williams sits for a year. Maybe Fields even plays well and you can tag/trade him later.

Fields isn't beating out Caleb to start

2 minutes ago, Soko said:

Hard to see Jax is still in this after literally signing Davis 30 minutes into FA, then handing out a pure projection contract to Duvernay. The insult was real there.

3 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Hard to see Jax is still in this after literally signing Davis 30 minutes into FA, then handing out a pure projection contract to Duvernay. The insult was real there.

I missed the Duvernay signing. Yeah, I can’t imagine Ridley sticking around with the WR room that crowded.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Soko said:

I missed the Duvernay signing. Yeah, I can’t imagine Ridley sticking around with the WR room that crowded.

Perhaps his agent is trying to drive up the price knowing NE has money to give..

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Crowded? Duvernay and Zay Jones suck

Christian Kirk in there on a hefty deal. Gabe Davis just signed a market deal. They just signed Duvernay. Yeah, they could move on from Zay, but giving Ridley another $13M+ would be pretty pricey for a team with not all that much cap space. It’d also escalate the pick they owe Atlanta to a second rounder.

So yeah, re-signing Ridley doesn’t make the most sense as far as resource allocation goes.

Is there a world where Fields goes to Baltimore as Lamar's backup? Like these Mariota/Lock/clear back up deals aren't really that much more than a final year rookie deal. Probably isn't "doing right by Fields", but like kinda looks like that ship sailed.

1 hour ago, drew39k said:

At this point field is a cooking out a bronco. Not sure any other team has a need that makes sense. Personally, if I'm Chicago I'm keeping him to be the starter while Caleb Williams sits for a year. Maybe Fields even plays well and you can tag/trade him later.

Local reporters in Denver have constantly said it's a no on Fields.

2 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Would love to see the Saints come away with Chase Young if the price isn't too crazy. 

This tells me his market is kind of soft, so I wouldn't expect a hefty price tag 

50 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Fields isn't beating out Caleb to start

He shouldn't have to. I firmly believe that no rookie QB should start. The goal, when drafting a QB, should be building a franchise guy and a long term winner. Rushing a rookie into the field just to try and chase instant success is stupid. Does it work sometimes? Sure, but it often ruins QB development too.  The bears aren't good and should use this season to bring along Williams slowly while they continue to build an offense around him.

• Forge unpinned this topic