Around The League

Jerry

On 2/12/2024 at 5:44 PM, SimonGruber said:

Being a Raider fan from the peninsula aka Niner country knowing people that jumped ship from Raiders to Niners. Working with some snobby Niner fans. The Chefs were still the lesser of two evils. To those who think I’m dead wrong I understand.

I understand the geographical element to it. To Raiders fans from the Bay, I get that you probably have to deal with obnoxious 9er fans all the time anyway, and the prospect of them actually winning a Championship makes them even worse.

For me, and I'd guess any of the rest of us not in that geographical proximity to San Fran fans, it has to be the divisional teams at the top of the "most hated" list. They're the teams we play every year, twice a year, instead of once every 3 or 4 years with SF.

I don't think it's really a right or wrong answer, but more how different opponents impact on you individually, so I totally get your point.

But Chiefs by a wide margin over anyone else for me right now. They regularly beat us, now they're winning titles, AND there's an utterly putrid level of arrogance from the players and the fanbase. I honestly can't understand why anyone that's not a Chiefs fan is enjoying this success story (although in fairness I think most neutrals are getting sick of them now as well).

Edited by Nightmare

26 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

didnt Rappoport say, if not AP, Maxx would explore trade options... 
dont think anyone ever reported maxx would demand a trade like you trying to make it seem

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10104874-raiders-rumors-maxx-crosby-likely-to-request-trade-if-antonio-pierce-isnt-hc

Per NFL.com's Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero, Crosby is "likely to request a trade" if the Raiders don't retain Pierce.

Likely to request a trade means what to you buddy?

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

As @NCOUGHMAN said you cannot believe any rumor or report even from the best sources unless the player blatantly says it directly to the media himself.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Genuinely confused, was the first post just sarcasm then?  That'd make more sense. 

• Like 1

Just now, NickButera said:

Genuinely confused, was the first post just sarcasm then?  That'd make more sense. 

Yes it was sarcasm as you'll almost never hear a player confirm or deny a rumor. But guys like Rap and Schefty are almost always right because agents leak info to them.

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

sorry, are you talking about what rappoport said or what the bleacher report article was titled? 
Rappoport doesnt write for Bleacher report ...

rappoport didnt say maxx was likely to request a trade in what you just linked...
which is my point. 

edit- 
that was written by Adam Wells not Rappoport. . . 

again, Rappoport said crosby would explore trade options, 
i imagine if AP got hired as HC somewhere, hed strongly consider it, but if we had kept AP on staff hed be fine. 

to your question of who was more info - Ayuiks brother vs Rappoport, which ended up being an Adams Well quote you keep saying. . . id take Ayuiks brother over Adams wells lol, but both pretty meaningless to me 

Edited by BackinBlack

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

sorry, are you talking about what rappoport said or what the bleacher report article was titled? 
Rappoport doesnt write for Bleacher report ...

rappoport didnt say maxx was likely to request a trade in what you just linked...
which is my point. 

edit- 
that was written by Adam Wells not Rappoport. . . 

again, Rappoport said crosby would explore trade options, 
i imagine if AP got hired as HC somewhere, hed strongly consider it, but if we had kept AP on staff hed be fine. 

to your question of who was more info - Ayuiks brother vs Rappoport, which ended up being an Adams Well quote you keep saying. . . id take Ayuiks brother over Adams wells lol, but both pretty meaningless to me 

Rappoport went on the record and said that Crosby was likely to request a trade if we didn't retain AP. Cope more, buddy was ready to quit on the franchise.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Rappoport went on the record and said that Crosby was likely to request a trade if we didn't retain AP. Cope more, buddy was ready to quit on the franchise.

I recall reading recently that Crosby already knew AP was essentially a lock at HC.  But yeah I get what you're saying.  Crosby, imo, went overboard with that declaration.

I'll always go on the record to say I wish we hired Harbaugh.  If AP wins the SB and Harbaugh flops, I'd be more than happy to eat crow.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I recall reading recently that Crosby already knew AP was essentially a lock at HC.  But yeah I get what you're saying.  Crosby, imo, went overboard with that declaration.

I heard Tafur say that, yeah.

If that was true, then why in the world would Crosby make himself look like such a spoiled child if he already knew he was getting the outcome he wanted? Doesn't add up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

I heard Tafur say that, yeah.

If that was true, then why in the world would Crosby make himself look like such a spoiled child if he already knew he was getting the outcome he wanted? Doesn't add up.

Maxx is 26.  Still pretty young.  Growing up in the NFL, IMO, does not make a man mature.  He's a 26-year-old millionaire.  so yeah, he probably is a bit of a spoiled child.

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I’ve just never seen him say that, you quoted Adams wells not Ian rapoport lmao. Bigggg difference there. 
can you show me a video or actual reference the quote? The only quote I’ve seen is that he’d explore trade options. 
it’s very different imo. 

But what do I need to cope about? Your hypothetical “likely” statement lol. That isn’t happening? 

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I’ve just never seen him say that, you quoted Adams wells not Ian rapoport lmao. Bigggg difference there. 
can you show me a video or actual reference the quote? The only quote I’ve seen is that he’d explore trade options. 
it’s very different imo. 

But what do I need to cope about? Your hypothetical “likely” statement lol. That isn’t happening? 

Crosby was demanding a trade according to every good media source bud, sorry.

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

So you’ve now changed from likely to demand a trade to… every good media reported he would demand a trade? 

Yes he was likely going to demand a trade according to Rap, I think he's a little more informed than you bud.

Brandon Aiyuk apparently wants out of San Fran. 

He's $2mil cheaper than Davante.

Davante wants and deserves to play for a true contender. 

Aiyuk is 6 years younger and could actually be "the guy" for a QBOTF for the long haul. 

$2 mil in additional cap and 6 years younger, I'd seriously consider swapping them in a straight up trade at minimum, preferably with a bit extra for Adams, but willing to settle. I love Adams, I love him being in silver and black, but I can't deny that it is enticing to consider a move to get younger and cheaper. 

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Crosby was demanding a trade according to every good media source bud, sorry.

Bull crap bud. I will try and find the interview I actually saw, and he said he did not say he would request a trade if they didn't hire AP, he also said he would see what direction we going in, but nothing is off the table.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1