Around The League

Jerry

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Bull crap bud. I will try and find the interview I actually saw, and he said he did not say he would request a trade if they didn't hire AP, he also said he would see what direction we going in, but nothing is off the table.

So Rap was lying and just pulled it out of thin air? He said nothing was off the table in response to Rap saying he was likely to demand a trade lol

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Brandon Aiyuk apparently wants out of San Fran. 

He's $2mil cheaper than Davante.

Davante wants and deserves to play for a true contender. 

Aiyuk is 6 years younger and could actually be "the guy" for a QBOTF for the long haul. 

$2 mil in additional cap and 6 years younger, I'd seriously consider swapping them in a straight up trade at minimum, preferably with a bit extra for Adams, but willing to settle. I love Adams, I love him being in silver and black, but I can't deny that it is enticing to consider a move to get younger and cheaper. 

I thought Aiyuk was under contract for another year.  I really dislike trades for dudes entering the last year of a contract (unless a resigning is part of the process). 

8 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

I thought Aiyuk was under contract for another year.  I really dislike trades for dudes entering the last year of a contract (unless a resigning is part of the process). 

I'm typically the same. 

Adams is under contract for a few more years, though, and I really can't see Aiyuk resigning for more than we'd be paying for Adams. 

18 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

In 13 quarters of Super Bowl action, the Kansas City Chiefs have been called for zero holding calls against him

There were sooo many non calls it was hilarious. Bosa was legit hugged and tackled on occasion. 

They are the new Patriots, it's as simple as that. 

• Like 1

The NFL wants Mahomes to win. All 3 Super Bowl, never called for holding. Watch the recent Niner Super Bowl, they bear hugged Bosa and Young all night. Like the most obvious holding you can possibly imagine. Go look it up on youtube. 

• Like 3

I’ll still go to my grave thinking the 2022 AFC Championship Chiefs vs Bengals and this year’s regular season game Chiefs vs Jets were 100% rigged. 

People are confused how rigging happens. There is no script. The refs are not really in on it either. Basically the NFL tells the refs “you’re not calling this on this guy enough” and “you’re calling too much holding on this guy” etc. These types of conversations happen leading up to every NFL game. 

All it takes is a couple holding calls on drives gaining momentum, or a couple non-calls on holding, to completely change the outcome of a game. Can they 100% rig it? No. But their desired winner will win a vast majority of the time. The other team would have to play perfect to overcome it. 

17 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

The NFL wants Mahomes to win. All 3 Super Bowl, never called for holding. Watch the recent Niner Super Bowl, they bear hugged Bosa and Young all night. Like the most obvious holding you can possibly imagine. Go look it up on youtube. 

Yup they got the maxx treatment fo sho holding, tackling etc lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

So you think Rap just made it up?

They make stuff up sometime or piggy back on somebody else's rumors.

I mean still haven't heard Davante ask for a trade yet as was rumored and reported by what you called every good media source.

Edited by raidr4life

On 2/14/2024 at 3:13 PM, Tank4Drake said:

I’ll still go to my grave thinking the 2022 AFC Championship Chiefs vs Bengals and this year’s regular season game Chiefs vs Jets were 100% rigged. 

People are confused how rigging happens. There is no script. The refs are not really in on it either. Basically the NFL tells the refs “you’re not calling this on this guy enough” and “you’re calling too much holding on this guy” etc. These types of conversations happen leading up to every NFL game. 

All it takes is a couple holding calls on drives gaining momentum, or a couple non-calls on holding, to completely change the outcome of a game. Can they 100% rig it? No. But their desired winner will win a vast majority of the time. The other team would have to play perfect to overcome it. 

I think it was Koonce on special teams getting called for a penalty that never happened. Just the biggest load of bs I’ve seen recently. The NFL is clearly rigged to some degree. I think they may favor us more simply because a lot of people in the media love AP. He’s been on all the podcasts. May be doing us some good. But I’m sure we’ll still get the random bs calls and lose out on the playoffs. I think the refs have family and friends making large bets on their behalf and they just rig the outcome of the games they’re reffing.

8 hours ago, Jerry said:

I think it was Koonce on special teams getting called for a penalty that never happened. Just the biggest load of bs I’ve seen recently. The NFL is clearly rigged to some degree. I think they may favor us more simply because a lot of people in the media love AP. He’s been on all the podcasts. May be doing us some good. But I’m sure we’ll still get the random bs calls and lose out on the playoffs. I think the refs have family and friends making large bets on their behalf and they just rig the outcome of the games they’re reffing.

The NFL is a business. We are kinda like the Lakers. Raiders are good for business. We have a huge fanbase like the 49ers, Cowboys. Raiders generate a lot of Money for the league when we are good. Sorta like the Lakers bring in big money for the NBA. Mark Davis unlike his dad, seem to be in good graces with the league. He does what he is told. Firing Gruden, no lawsuit about missing out on the LA market. So, now the NFL views the Raiders in good graces again. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, raidr4life said:

They make stuff up sometime or piggy back on somebody else's rumors.

I mean still haven't heard Davante ask for a trade yet as was rumored and reported by what you called every good media source.

Rap and Schefty are easily the two best sources in NFL media, like the Woj / Shams of the NFL world, lol. 

He reported it because he heard it from Crosby’s agent and they were trying to send a message to Mark Davis. Do what we want or we quit on this franchise, Maxx doesn’t want to be here.