Around The League

Jerry

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I can see the interest in Aiyuk, but no way 9ers can afford Tae. Meyers makes more sense, with a pick. 

With the skill level of our QBs, I think double TE’s sets will help them out more

• Like 1

On 7/17/2024 at 8:57 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

Love me some Rickey but wtf is this

Niners renting Adams for one year wouldn’t be shocking. I’d be fine with this trade as I really do think Adams only has one elite year left. Might as well get something for him like Aiyuk and a 2nd. 

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Wouldn’t trading Adams hit us with a 30 million cap hit?

I like Aiyuk but he’s not the same caliber player Adams is

True bur Adams is 31. One elite year and one good year left probably. 

34 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Who knows perhaps Adams will age like Tim Brown and Jerry Rice

Jerry Rice is a unicorn. Tim Brown’s last elite season was 33. Which isn’t the norm usually. Looking at data, last elite season usually is 30 or 31. 

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

Jerry Rice is a unicorn. Tim Brown’s last elite season was 33. Which isn’t the norm usually. Looking at data, last elite season usually is 30 or 31. 

while maybe not elite elite, I do expect DAs game to age well. 
Can still see him being a redzone machine if we are able to get a qb who can get him the ball. 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2024 at 8:08 PM, Tank4Drake said:

Niners renting Adams for one year wouldn’t be shocking. I’d be fine with this trade as I really do think Adams only has one elite year left. Might as well get something for him like Aiyuk and a 2nd. 

Yeah, but hopefully he teaches the younger WR’s his work ethic and he upgrades the WR’s for next 10 years.

3 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

while maybe not elite elite, I do expect DAs game to age well. 
Can still see him being a redzone machine if we are able to get a qb who can get him the ball. 

Tim Brown had a major knee injury early in his career. You guys don’t know the real Tim Brown he was Randy Moss.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Yeah, but hopefully he teaches the younger WR’s his work ethic and he upgrades the WR’s for next 10 years.

Who? Jakobi will never be a Top 15 kind of WR. And Tucker is a deep threat, he’ll never be the full package.

1 minute ago, Tank4Drake said:

Who? Jakobi will never be a Top 15 kind of WR. And Tucker is a deep threat, he’ll never be the full package.

I’m talking about future WR picks  in the top three rounds. Not long shots.

if you’re a rookie WR, why would you not listen to Davante Adams?

24 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

IMG-7430.jpg

Fumble Master, Zero Awareness Captain Carr.

Dude really is useless without a Top 3 Pass Protection in the NFL. 

He clearly has had fumble issues.  That chart is a bit misleading though.  Most of those guys have played a lot less games, either because they're younger, out of the league, or missed seasons.  Turnovers per game would be a completely different chart.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, true2form said:

He clearly has had fumble issues.  That chart is a bit misleading though.  Most of those guys have played a lot less games, either because they're younger, out of the league, or missed seasons.  Turnovers per game would be a completely different chart.

But that also proves the Raiders incompetence though, that they let someone like Carr start for sooooo many years. No chance Carr is a starter for 8-9 years on any of the other 31 teams. Zero chance. The Raiders are just incompetent.