Around The League

Jerry

21 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Wilson is 50/50 could break out on a new team and out of a the New York spotlight. He could also flop. It’s a low investment for a late round pick swap. He has potential, as a former top 3 pick. A move we should have made, not the Broncos aren’t forced to reach on a QB in the first. 

Bro.  I hope and pray they stick with Wilson.  I would cry tears of joy if they passed up on drafting a QB this year because of Wilson.  I would stand outside my backyard and watch the sunset while I hugged my children if they declared Wilson this season's starting QB.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Wilson is 50/50 could break out on a new team and out of a the New York spotlight. He could also flop. It’s a low investment for a late round pick swap. He has potential, as a former top 3 pick. A move we should have made, not the Broncos aren’t forced to reach on a QB in the first. 

HB are you by chance from Jersey?

You certainly have a thing for former Jets QBs between him and Darnold.  

AOC has already proven he better. If they went head to head this year AOC would still be the better QB.

17 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

HB are you by chance from Jersey?

You certainly have a thing for former Jets QBs between him and Darnold.  

He actually has a thing for former 1st round picks like he's AL Davis during the reclamation project years.

Wilson is 50/50 could break out on a new team and out of a the New York spotlight. He could also flop. It’s a low investment for a late round pick swap. He has potential, as a former top 3 pick. A move we should have made, now the Broncos aren’t forced to reach on a QB in the first. 

Trading for Zach Wilson means the Broncos are absolutely forced to reach on a QB in the 1st...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Wilson is 50/50 to break out?!?!

Never say never of course, but I’d put it around 5/95 to break out man 😁

Aidan O’Connell has more chance to ‘break out’ so it’s not a move we should have made imho.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Wilson is 50/50 to break out?!?!

Never say never of course, but I’d put it around 5/95 to break out man 😁

Aidan O’Connell has more chance to ‘break out’ so it’s not a move we should have made imho.

In your opinion, he’s a bust. What if he was in college all these years like Nix, Pennix, Daniels. Wilson is around the same age. Wilson played with a historically bad OL. He still had a couple good games (Chiefs, Dolphins). There’s a reason Wilson was drafted top 3, but he has a lot of bad variables working against him in NY. People thought Baker was utter garbage last year. Zach Wilson wouldn’t be the first guy who needed a fresh start and realize his potential. Wilson is just hitting his prime. All that for a late round pick swap. That’s the type of move you make if you need a QB and don’t have a top 3 pick. 

I still think Trey Lance / Malik Willis could be good trade prospects 

34 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

In your opinion, he’s a bust. What if he was in college all these years like Nix, Pennix, Daniels. Wilson is around the same age. Wilson played with a historically bad OL. He still had a couple good games (Chiefs, Dolphins). There’s a reason Wilson was drafted top 3, but he has a lot of bad variables working against him in NY. People thought Baker was utter garbage last year. Zach Wilson wouldn’t be the first guy who needed a fresh start and realize his potential. Wilson is just hitting his prime. All that for a late round pick swap. That’s the type of move you make if you need a QB and don’t have a top 3 pick. 

I still think Trey Lance / Malik Willis could be good trade prospects 

Well, you could be right. Wilson was clearly over drafted when you (with hindsight of course) look at the player that was drafted and his skills. He could be better with a change of scenery of course, but that would be such a monumental turnaround from a player who hasnt really flashed the talent or mentality at all. If he’d shown done things and maybe was limited by situation then I’d say he might have a chance. There are always some players that are held back and have latent talent, I just don’t think Wilson is one. I’ve seen the Jets with Wilson quite a few times and he’s clearly just a bust to me. 

14 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Well, you could be right. Wilson was clearly over drafted when you (with hindsight of course) look at the player that was drafted and his skills. He could be better with a change of scenery of course, but that would be such a monumental turnaround from a player who hasnt really flashed the talent or mentality at all. If he’d shown done things and maybe was limited by situation then I’d say he might have a chance. There are always some players that are held back and have latent talent, I just don’t think Wilson is one. I’ve seen the Jets with Wilson quite a few times and he’s clearly just a bust to me. 

You might be right. I think there’s still potential for Wilson to turn it around. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

You might be right. I think there’s still potential for Wilson to turn it around. 

There’s always the odd chance, if I was throwing a low round pick at a player then I’d probably just draft a guy like Jordan Travis or someone

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

People said baker was done too

But Baker Mayfield had actually shown flashes and wasn’t actually that bad (possibly people who didn’t like him really went harshly on him). I never thought he was bad, just not living up to draft position. Wilson has been pretty dire.

• Like 4