Around The League

Jerry

20 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

Past success doesn't mean anything to me if he sucked when he played for us. Also the other way round, If one sucked somewhere else and is playing good for us.

He was quite literally the starting qb we've had in over 10 years. I don't know that anyone would disagree sadly. Thanks JMD

22 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

Past success doesn't mean anything to me if he sucked when he played for us. Also the other way round, If one sucked somewhere else and is playing good for us.

Minshew has been pretty damn mid throughout his career

On 8/21/2024 at 11:14 AM, big_palooka said:

Daniels, it's was already established Washington wasn't going to trade out. Raiders among others tired. 

Falcons were all in on Penix at 8. Wouldn't even consider a trade back with the Bears one spot: https://www.si.com/nfl/falcons/news/report-falcons-turned-down-easy-trade-down-with-bears-01j0eeaj0vqn

Not so easy is it? Neither Daniels or Penix were available to anyone, including the Raiders. McCarthy wasn't going to get past Minnesota.

That left Nix, who Denver wasn't going to let get past them..... Would you have been in favor of trading up for Bo Nix?

Why is it so hard to admit that maybe, just like most drafts trading into the top 10 picks is difficult?

I find it funny these same people claiming we should have done whatever possible for a QB are the same people who were calling Penix and Nix 2nd rounders. So now we should have traded up for 2nd round QB prospects. Caleb, Daniels and Maye was not happening, and neither was McCarthy. Minnesota could have easily outbid any offer we could make, they moved up just enough to get their guy without over spending with plenty of ammo if need be.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I find it funny these same people claiming we should have done whatever possible for a QB are the same people who were calling Penix and Nix 2nd rounders. So now we should have traded up for 2nd round QB prospects. Caleb, Daniels and Maye was not happening, and neither was McCarthy. Minnesota could have easily outbid any offer we could make, they moved up just enough to get their guy without over spending with plenty of ammo if need be.

Yes, it’s easy to play the ‘what if’ game and I’d have personally tried to trade up a little bit for McCarthy but realistically there’s two huge issues; Minnesota could have outbid us easily plus the Jets wanted a specific player I’ve read so they only wanted to trade down one place to be able to still be able to select that player. If they’d traded down to 13 instead of 11 they weren’t guaranteed that player. At 11 they were plus they picked up a draft pick. So, basically we’d have had to trade ahead of the Jets. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I had Penix as my QB1 and said I'd take him top 10 easily. 

Careful about casting too wide a net. A lot of people lmounting excuses and/or defenses for why we didn't get a QB were also saying guys like McCarthy, Penix, and Nix would very likely be there in the mid 40s. 

Theb, of course, there's the special cases who wanted to take Rattler at 44, trade for Trey Lance, sign Justin Fields, and pick up Ryan Tannehill. It was all over the place. 

7 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I had Penix as my QB1 and said I'd take him top 10 easily. 

Careful about casting too wide a net. A lot of people lmounting excuses and/or defenses for why we didn't get a QB were also saying guys like McCarthy, Penix, and Nix would very likely be there in the mid 40s. 

Theb, of course, there's the special cases who wanted to take Rattler at 44, trade for Trey Lance, sign Justin Fields, and pick up Ryan Tannehill. It was all over the place. 

Well we all know you like statue’s in the pocket and pure pocket passers. Penix and Carr are as statue as it gets.

34 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Our QB room is such a mess that I wouldn't mind bringing in Jameis Winston, who is apparently on the trade block. 

We won't because of politics and the fact we gave Minshew all that $ so he better start. 

Winston would at least sling it.