Around The League

Jerry

7 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Also Will Levis is turning into the funniest QB in the NFL. Previously held by J.Winston

He has had some of the most catastrophic turnovers i can remember. Some of his throws are mind boggling but then I remember that he drinks mayonnaise so some of his decision making starts to make sense..

Edited by SilverNBlackFan

47 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Caleb Williams was never a better prospect than Maye. Watch Maye tear the league up once he starts with 20x worse cast. Caleb can’t read defenses and got owned anytime he played a good defense. He’s gonna paint his nails with sad face emojis tonight and cry in mama’s lap. 

Maye has some things to clean up himself. I'm sure if he was playing right now, he would be struggling right along with the other rooks. But NE is doing the right thing by sitting him. That supporting cast is terrible but Mayo has them competing so far.

18 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Maye has some things to clean up himself. I'm sure if he was playing right now, he would be struggling right along with the other rooks. But NE is doing the right thing by sitting him. That supporting cast is terrible but Mayo has them competing so far.

Maye is a pro that can read defenses and football IQ through the roof. He would be looking way better than Caleb atm. 

Lost in the conversation about the Saints, having a great OC is a game changer. The Saints MVP is Alvin Kamara right now. Kubiak, deploying the Shanahan scheme and he is made for it like CMC was. 

I said in the offseason, if you can't hire Slowik as HC hire Kubiak as your OC. Same scheme, influence, etc. and the results are there early. Everything feeding off their zone run game with Kamara who's always been among the best backs in football.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Lost in the conversation about the Saints, having a great OC is a game changer. The Saints MVP is Alvin Kamara right now. Kubiak, deploying the Shanahan scheme and he is made for it like CMC was. 

I said in the offseason, if you can't hire Slowik as HC hire Kubiak as your OC. Same scheme, influence, etc. and the results are there early. Everything feeding off their zone run game with Kamara who's always been among the best backs in football.

Interesting thing is that the 49ers replaced Kubiak with Mick Lombardi, I'm excited to see how that turns out.

52 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I mean I could be completely wrong but, isn't Getsy's offense closer to Shanahan's offense than what the Saints showed against the Cowboys?

In both games played, Minshew threw the ball over 30 times and had more than 250 passing yards.
Carr threw the ball 16 and 23 times and had 200 & 243 passing yards.
Purdy had 36 & 29 attempts during the first two games with 319 & 231 passing yards.

main problem we have is that our run game doesn't work - Saints are 3rd in rushing yards and the Niners 10th we are second to last

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Definitely not lost on all. 
Carr needs a great OC, willing to play to his strengths. Needs a good receiving back, and a speed wr. 

Above all that he needs to be praised by teammates… (vs Thomas ripping into him on Twitter last year)

these are things we knew, but the debate was elite qbs don’t need those things.

even though, no one was calling elite, and most elite qbs actually have them haha.

regardless, who cares, hopefully the keep it up and have the division by time we play them. 
Gardner second half was good enough for me!

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

If our aim was to go with an unproven HC as we did, I would've considered him for HC if not OC lol. Obviously OC would've been better, but you do what you can do to get a guy in the building. 

The sort of understated rule of thumb these days really is "If you have a shot at an OC or assistant from the Shanahan offense tree, don't screw up and miss out". 

The 49ers offense staff is to OC and HC positions what American U is to the State Department. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

I mean I could be completely wrong but, isn't Getsy's offense closer to Shanahan's offense than what the Saints showed against the Cowboys?

In both games played, Minshew threw the ball over 30 times and had more than 250 passing yards.
Purdy had 36 & 29 attempts during the first two games with 319 & 231 passing yards.

main problem we have is that our run game doesn't work - Saints are 3rd in rushing yards and the Niners 10th we are second to last

It's similar.  Getsy comes from the LeFluer tree via McVey. And you're right. The main issue is the run game. Switching to a zone blocking scheme and not sure the RBs are the best fit. Zamir doesn't have the vision to get back to the hole. He's a downhill gap style runner. Which sucks, because he's a dude I root for to make it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It's similar.  Getsy comes from the LeFluer tree via McVey. And you're right. The main issue is the run game. Switching to a zone blocking scheme and not sure the RBs are the best fit. Zamir doesn't have the vision to get back to the hole. He's a downhill gap style runner. Which sucks, because he's a dude I root for to make it. 

Unfortunately Josh Jacobs would've been a good scheme fit ...

4 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

That offense can’t work without a dominant running game.