Around The League

Jerry

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Lost in the conversation about the Saints, having a great OC is a game changer. The Saints MVP is Alvin Kamara right now. Kubiak, deploying the Shanahan scheme and he is made for it like CMC was. 

I said in the offseason, if you can't hire Slowik as HC hire Kubiak as your OC. Same scheme, influence, etc. and the results are there early. Everything feeding off their zone run game with Kamara who's always been among the best backs in football.

The Oline which was supposed to be a weakness doesn’t seem to be at all. DC and co are just on fuego. Carr even did like a MJ crotch grab as a celebration lol he’s feeling himself 

56 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

The Oline which was supposed to be a weakness doesn’t seem to be at all. DC and co are just on fuego. Carr even did like a MJ crotch grab as a celebration lol he’s feeling himself 

Fuaga upgraded their Oline. He's a stud, we knew that. 

Their defense and ability to run the ball are what are impressive. Carr is managing the offense and feeding off that.

They've started 6 possessions on their opponents side of the field thanks to their defense and Kamara in Kubiak's scheme has revitalized his career thus far.

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Their defense and ability to run the ball are what are impressive. Carr is managing the offense and feeding off that.

They've started 6 possessions on their opponents side of the field thanks to their defense and Kamara in Kubiak's scheme has revitalized his career thus far.

Kubiak is off to a great start for sure and looks to be the real deal. I figured they'd struggle early on because the outlook on their OL looked abysmal and we know how Carr fares under pressure. Fuaga really made an impact.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Probably. Given the cash they are sitting on, might as well have brought him back. That said, unless this Oline gets it together, no RB is going to find much success. 

I wasn't too sad about him leaving and was cool seeing what Zamir could do. But yeah, we didn't do anything of note with all of the money. If you're going to get rid of guys for money and then not really do anything with it, what's the point? And while I wasn't enamored with Jacobs over the years, he's not a bad RB at all. 

A RB like Jacobs may not be worth his asking price, but if you're not using that extra money anywhere else, may as well pay someone right? 

Had we spent more upgrading other spots, different story. But...we really didn't. Just another cycle of "Look how much space we have that we won't bother using". 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I wasn't too sad about him leaving and was cool seeing what Zamir could do. But yeah, we didn't do anything of note with all of the money. If you're going to get rid of guys for money and then not really do anything with it, what's the point? And while I wasn't enamored with Jacobs over the years, he's not a bad RB at all. 

A RB like Jacobs may not be worth his asking price, but if you're not using that extra money anywhere else, may as well pay someone right? 

Had we spent more upgrading other spots, different story. But...we really didn't. Just another cycle of "Look how much space we have that we won't bother using". 

Was weird to me as well, I figured it would at least go to extensions. We’ll enjoy the rollover though. 

31 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Do you think Rasheed’s two what 60+ yard TDs help the run game?

I certainly do. You seem to give no credit to complementary football.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Kubiak is so much better for their offense than Carmichael was. Carmichael had a ton of leash because the organization had trouble coming to grips with Payton leaving. But his offenses are not particularly good. 

Kubiak, it appears, understands who his players are and tailors things to their strengths. 

The biggest changes I've noticed:

The OL looks significantly improved

Kamara is back to running like Kamara instead of just running sideways

They ditched locker room cancer Michael Thomas, a move that was long needed

They're letting Carr chuck the rock- he's got an arm, but seems like we (and they) tried to force the issue on the short/intermediate game regardless of who were available as deep threats (even when we had Ruggs, it was rare; Cooper was never a true deep threat; Agholor was one of our best WR finds the last few years but even then we used him mostly on screens, plants, and digs). 

The play calling makes sense. I haven't watched every snap, but it doesn't seem like Kubiak is prone to hitting the panick button when a play doesn't work out. The offensive game flow makes sense- something that Shanahan tree is becoming known for. It's not disjointed or janky, as opposed to a lot of offenses around the league that seem to be play-by-play. It's like a whole book as opposed to a series of somewhat chapters, if that makes sense. 

Needless to say, it's all about the scheme and coaching. Also, wasn't Klint a part of the Vikings offensive staff when Dalvin Cook was tearing it up? 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Gotta wonder if Young is done in Carolina

Makes next week interesting 

Almost certainly. 

He wasn't drafted by the current regime. 

He was Tepper's chosen one despite Tepper being told to go another direction. 

Gotta figure he doesn't get benched without the meddling owner ok'ing it, which means he's likely fallen out of favor. 

Justifiable or not, one can pretty well glean thar the Bryce Young era in Carolina is now over.