Boston College Head Coach Jeff Hafley is Packers New DC

2024 DC Search  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT to be the next DC?

• Jeff Hafley
    • Jim Leonhard
    • Wink Martindale
    • Ejiro Evero
    • Christian Parker
    • Zach Orr
    • Jesse Minter
    • Anthony Weaver
    • Chris Hewitt
    • Al Harris
    • Larry Foote
    • Aden Durde
    • Dennard Wilson
    • Aubrey Pleasant
    • Brandon Staley
    • Joe Barry
    • Bobby Babich
    • Mike Vrabel
    • Leslie Frazier
    • Chris Harris

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2024 at 01:07 AM

30 minutes ago, Chili said:

And who was coaching him last year? Rebrovich.

I'm amazed we're retained him. It was a good opportunity to start afresh with a new position coach and see if Gary takes to the new coaching and go up to a higher level.

Do you really put all the blame on the coach? LVN and Gary both at times got sucked in and the opposing team took advantage of it. You can coach things the right way and at the end of the day the players have to execute. Not saying one side or the other is to blame for these errors but certainly can't all be put on a coach without all the facts. 

I also think we are forgetting Gary was coming back from a pretty significant injury last year. Hell, he was on a snap count for what....half the season? I'm not going to bet against a grinder like Gary to come back even stronger with a full off-season to prepare compared to having to rehab. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Zing said:

I also think we are forgetting Gary was coming back from a pretty significant injury last year. Hell, he was on a snap count for what....half the season? I'm not going to bet against a grinder like Gary to come back even stronger with a full off-season to prepare compared to having to rehab. 

He should be stronger. Guys who are rehabbing from major knee surgery can't always train the same way they would otherwise. Sometimes guys aren't 100% until their 2nd season back from major surgery. 

51 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

So Silverstein is reporting we’re “transitioning to a 4-3”

This is dumb, but a real question.  Suppose a team plays ≥80% nickel, and is predominantly 4-2.  And of the non-nickel plays, a bunch of those are short-yardage.  We were a predominantly 4-2 nickel team, and I assume we'll be a predominantly 4-2 nickel team.  One perspective is that "4-3/3-4 means totally nothing; you're playing 4-2 mostly anyway, who cares?  It's meaningless."  Is that true?  Or is that overly simplistic?   

Like, I'm wondering is that is overly simplistic, and if there is perhaps some impact how you play your nickel whether you're coming from a 3-4 versus 4-3 perspective?  Does a "4-3" team use it's box guys differently when playing nickel than a "3-4" team does?  Like, even in 4-2 nickel, would a "3-4" team drop it's edges more, or something?  Even if both are playing 4-2 nickel all the time anyway, are there still some differences in philosophy or spacing or approach between the two?  Or is it really truly a totally insignificant distinction?  

So if Hafley is most heavily impacted by his experience with san Fran, the 49ers are relatively anti-blitz, correct?  We've seen reference to being "aggressive", but probably not blitz-aggressive like Tampa or some of the blitz teams?

3 hours ago, craig said:

So if Hafley is most heavily impacted by his experience with san Fran, the 49ers are relatively anti-blitz, correct?  We've seen reference to being "aggressive", but probably not blitz-aggressive like Tampa or some of the blitz teams?

yea, makes it imperative to win with 4 with DBs in man coverage