Boston College Head Coach Jeff Hafley is Packers New DC

2024 DC Search  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT to be the next DC?

• Jeff Hafley
    • Jim Leonhard
    • Wink Martindale
    • Ejiro Evero
    • Christian Parker
    • Zach Orr
    • Jesse Minter
    • Anthony Weaver
    • Chris Hewitt
    • Al Harris
    • Larry Foote
    • Aden Durde
    • Dennard Wilson
    • Aubrey Pleasant
    • Brandon Staley
    • Joe Barry
    • Bobby Babich
    • Mike Vrabel
    • Leslie Frazier
    • Chris Harris

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2024 at 01:07 AM

We may end up cleaning house completely if the 49ers win the Super Bowl. That would be twice MLF has lost to the eventual champs in the playoffs. We made a mistake keeping McCarthy after losing twice to Giants teams that ended up beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl. The Packers have a chance to learn from that mistake.

20 minutes ago, pf9 said:

We may end up cleaning house completely if the 49ers win the Super Bowl. That would be twice MLF has lost to the eventual champs in the playoffs. We made a mistake keeping McCarthy after losing twice to Giants teams that ended up beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl. The Packers have a chance to learn from that mistake.

MLF is a coach of the year candidate, he is not goin anywhere 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, pf9 said:

I feel like you’re kinda goofin around with this, but losing to the eventual Super Bowl champs is a better marker of success than losing to some other also-ran. 

Here’s what I think happened with the Parker “scoops”:

I am basing this on nothing other than my experience with guys with Badgers “connections” that I know who tell me things in the offseason and maybe only half of it comes true. 

Someone in GB/Denver, possibly both based on the sources of the guys on social media, heard from someone that Parker will be the guy if GB’s other interviews this week don’t take them by surprise. The calculus is probably that anyone else GB is interested in won’t be made available or is already spoken for by another interested party. Basically, they feel that Parker will be the guy unless something unexpected happens. 

People in football circles talk. Agents, scouts, lower level execs, etc… I’ve no doubt that Mertig & co. have their “sources” - but scouts and lower level guys often exaggerate or are partially full of ****. Hell, I had a Twitter DM going 7 years ago with someone who worked at Lambeau who knew that something funny was going on with Ted Thompson and his health and that other personnel staff were covering for him and taking his duties. This was before it came out in the media. They were wrong about some other stuff too, but they were absolutely right about TT. 

So, I don’t really think the offer has gone out yet. But I do think people like to talk. And I do think rumors get around and it’s a game of telephone. And I do think it might mean that he is a guy they are comfortable going with. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

but the cooking guy, babish, so binging for me

I know it was about the cooking guy. Just thought Blitzing sounded more badass.

Edited by Chili
  • Like 1

On 1/27/2024 at 2:06 PM, Norm said:

IDK why but that one minute video about prototypical size just sold melol

I did see he was from there after the one guy said he played against him in HS so I looked where he was from. Had no idea before that

That was me! And I also attended NDSU during Big Bobby's time as HC. He was not overly liked at the time as he lead some very mediocre teams.

• Like 1