Week 14 GDT: Titans @ 49ers

Forge

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This is why I don't mind us winning these last few games because either way we will be picking higher than the actual talent of the team. This is a 8-8 to 9-7 ball club with Garoppolo at QB. Those type of teams usually pick anywhere from 15-20, we will be still picking in the top 8-10.

Also known as....the Quenton Nelson zone

Just now, Forge said:

Also known as....the Quentin Nelson zone

Or the Bradley Chubb zone or the Arden Key zine ;)

But you're right, setting us up well to take Nelson. And in a funny way, possibly a solid spot for a trade down. A team could really like someone like Barkley or one of the QBs not named Rosen/Darnold. 

This is why I don't mind us winning these last few games because either way we will be picking higher than the actual talent of the team. This is a 8-8 to 9-7 ball club with Garoppolo at QB. Those type of teams usually pick anywhere from 15-20, we will be still picking in the top 8-10.

Agreed. With all of the injuries in the NFC, I wouldn't be surprised if this iteration of the team could have even been in the playoff race with Garoppolo on the team all year. To lose 5 games by 3 points or less and then to dramatically improve the QB spot...that clearly seems to me like this team could easily be 8-6 or 9-5 right now. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

36 for me. I'm glad we all have similar memories of the Cowboys LOL

I wasn't watching football much until the late 90s, so I don't really have the rivalry ingrained in my psyche. I just remember the first NFL game I've ever watched, Superbowl XXX, which opposed the Steelers and the Cowboys, and instinctively rooted against the cowboys. The Steelers had a QB with a mustache, a fat runningback and this Slash kid who played almost every position, but it feels like I hated the Cowboys more than I liked the steelers, for that game. 

And I'm 34, for the record.

4 minutes ago, Ataal said:

I just turned 40.  I think there are a bunch of us here in that same age range. 

I'm 40 too. I hate the Cowboys and hate the Seahawks low class attitude. They're also a dirty team. Today was great watching them get slaughtered in front of their bandwagon fans. I hate the Cowboys and their fans too.

I don't want these wins to distract us from the fact that there are still so many needs to fill. Pass rusher, couple of CBs, couple of LBs, interior OL, and another playmaker either at TE or WR. I could actually live with us not getting another WR since the current core plus Garcon for the time being should be good enough. 

6 minutes ago, Ataal said:

I just turned 40.  I think there are a bunch of us here in that same age range. 

I turn 40 in 3 weeks and my distained for the Cowboys and to a lesser extent the Giants far outweighs the Hawks. I get no satisfaction out of they're turmoil. I will never see them as our rival, regardless of divisional ties. How many Lombardi's have the Cowboys and Giants cost us??? Our history and my football history is much more tied to those organizations and our battles than the Hawks. If its any team in our division that I might have a grudge for, its the Rams because again, there's history there.

5 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I wasn't watching football much until the late 90s, so I don't really have the rivalry ingrained in my psyche. I just remember the first NFL game I've ever watched, Superbowl XXX, which opposed the Steelers and the Cowboys, and instinctively rooted against the cowboys. The Steelers had a QB with a mustache, a fat runningback and this Slash kid who played almost every position, but it feels like I hated the Cowboys more than I liked the steelers, for that game. 

And I'm 34, for the record.

That's okay. You substituted memories of the Cowboys for memories of Joe Sakic...I get it. We still accept you as a fan :P

I thought Kittle flashed today on what he could become and do in this offense. Was really good after the catch and is a nice target in the middle of the field. I don't get the same vibe with his drops as we all did with McDonald's drops early on. I think Kittle next season will show better hands as he is a more natural receiver than McDonald. It's just a SF tradition that every TE has to start their career with hand issues lol. 

I thought Kittle flashed today on what he could become and do in this offense. Was really good after the catch and is a nice target in the middle of the field. I don't get the same vibe with his drops as we all did with McDonald's drops early on. I think Kittle next season will show better hands as he is a more natural receiver than McDonald. It's just a SF tradition that every TE has to start their career with hand issues lol. 

I agree with this. He never really had issues with drops in college either, so maybe its just a combination of things so far this year. I don't expect the bad drops to continue though. My only question would be whether or not he can be a viable red zone thread in the future. As much as I've fought to defend Celek in the past, he should not be our top red zone target lol

Archived