Super Bowl LVIII: Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers

Chiefs or 49ers  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Super Bowl 58?

• Chiefs
    • 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/2024 at 11:30 PM

Can we take a moment to appreciate that Hardman started this season on the Jets, couldn't always get on the field, and then caught a game winning TD in the super bowl for the Chiefs? 

Hell of a journey for that man 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Purdy was okay tonight. 

So that's good. 

I mean, you can have significantly worse performances. At the very least, I didn't think the moment was too big for him. 

Yeah I was concerned before the game because he appeared to have that deer in headlights look - but he acquitted himself pretty well for the most part. By no means great, but not terrible either.

• Like 1

Just now, notthatbluestuff said:

Yeah I was concerned before the game because he appeared to have that deer in headlights look - but he acquitted himself pretty well for the most part. By no means great, but not terrible either.

Yep. Nothing really concerning.

Given how much he was under pressure, I think it was a good job. He took double digits hits and had one sack and zero turnovers. Limited negative plays in a situation where the chiefs were gunning for them. They blitzed him on over half his drop backs and they had 9 unblocked pressures. 

He just missed a couple throws though. That one deep one to deebo really hurt. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DigInBoys said:

I just realized Gronk and Kelce are the same age...how long does Kelce play?

Depends on his relationship with Swift IMO. I'd say 1 more year at most. As unlikely as it would seem for either Travis or Andy to retire, 3 SB in 5 years, B2B it could be after this SB? I'm sure like Jason, Pat and teammates are talking him into let's try a 3 peat?

Speculation was already out there what if both Kelce Brothers retired at the same time, putting both brothers up for potential 1st ballot HOF type inductions together same year?

2 yrs max or  as early as next month. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Depends on his relationship with Swift IMO. I'd say 1 more year at most. As unlikely as it would seem for either Travis or Andy to retire, 3 SB in 5 years, B2B it could be after this SB? I'm sure like Jason, Pat and teammates are talking him into let's try a 3 peat?

Speculation was already out there what if both Kelce Brothers retired at the same time, putting both brothers up for potential 1st ballot HOF type inductions together same year?

2 yrs max or  as early as next month. 

He was talking about a three-peat himself, literally at the podium.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Can we take a moment to appreciate that Hardman started this season on the Jets, couldn't always get on the field, and then caught a game winning TD in the super bowl for the Chiefs? 

Hell of a journey for that man 

A wide reciever leaves a terrible New York team and has a Super Bowl touchdown catch with the Chiefs?

Sounds familiar...

• Like 1

Two got it right a year ago:

On 2/14/2023 at 7:10 PM, Dr A W Niloc said:

San Francisco, definitely.  Kansas City, probably.

No other team is within a QB of being a likely Super Bowl participant but there are nine within a pivot of the playoffs (after which anything is possible):  Las Vegas, Washington and all teams in the weak Souths not named "Jacksonville" (who already have a QB).  It's a good thing 2023 is such a bumper crop of rookies at this position.

On 2/15/2023 at 11:00 AM, Calamity_Cometh said:

KC vs. Niners. Make ya eyes bleed with all the red. Again.

They both keep making the championship games so it's not a horrible bet.

• Like 1

Interesting seeing the "fallout" posts of fanhood around the web in the hours after the loss. Don't know why, but I find it fascinating seeing people at crossroads with their invested interest. 

I was a huge Suns fan for about 30 years. Felt gutted when Jordan took us out in 93. Loved Barkley. But then ai went through the heartbreak 15 years ago when the Suns had Amari, Nash, etc but just couldn't overcome San Antonio. Squandered an opportunity over and over until the Lakers just took over the division and Nash retired without a ring. Just gave up on basketball. When they lost a couple years to the Bucks in the final, just said oh well and went to sleep. I was ok with that.

Gonna do the same with this team.

Wonder what I'll do. Maybe just invest in nostalgia NFL content here/elsewhere (the game was better then anyway), and peak my head in here every once, and a while. Spend more time with friends/family/other hobbies. At the age where it might be time to transition to casual fandom. Hmm...

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

9 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Interesting seeing the "fallout" posts of fanhood around the web in the hours after the loss. Don't know why, but I find it fascinating seeing people at crossroads with their invested interest. 

Wonder what I'll do. Maybe just invest in nostalgia NFL content here/elsewhere (the game was better then anyway), and peak my head in here every once, and a while. Spend more time with friends/family/other hobbies. At the age where it might be time to transition to casual fandom. Hmm...

When Man City lost the Champions League final to Chelsea, I gave up sports for awhile. It was a similar situation but with a much more lackluster opponent. 

• Like 1