Super Bowl LVIII: Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers

Chiefs or 49ers  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Super Bowl 58?

• Chiefs
    • 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/2024 at 11:30 PM

For the majority of this game , I don't think anybody can san francisco forty niners completely dominated. But what you do within the first 59 minutes Of the game or in this case the first 74, Doesn't always matter. Sometimes the only thing that matters is the last six seconds. While I was pulling for the Kansas City Chiefs. I really didn't have a stake in this game. Both of these teams would have deserved the victory in the end , though the chiefs did what they needed to do in the moment that it mattered the most.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

I think purdy is legit. He made some big time throws in this game. He'll be the niners guy for years imo

I think he has very good moments - but I definitely see a diminished return once he's in the $45-$55mm AAV range.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think he has very good moments - but I definitely see a diminished return once he's in the $45-$55mm AAV range.

Yup.  Few QB have the offense around him in CMC,  Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle, T Williams

He may be bwtter than JimmyG,  but i am not sure that gap is very big

• Like 1

Just now, squire12 said:

Yup.  Few QB have the offense around him in CMC,  Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle, T Williams

He may be bwtter than JimmyG,  but i am not sure that gap is very big

And I'd second guess rebuilding that unit around him once Williams, Deebo, Aiyuk, etc start leaving/retiring.

Purdy with a lesser offense doesn't seem very solid.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

And I'd second guess rebuilding that unit around him once Williams, Deebo, Aiyuk, etc start leaving/retiring.

Its possible, but there is also a Defense with Bosa, Warner, Armstead, Hargrave, Greenlaw, Ward

• Like 1

I think Lynch needs to tear it up. The Eagles had to do it with Reid. Give Kyle another run at it like Reid had with Vick for a couple of years. I mean, they will obviously try and run it back next year, but we'll see. You can't pay Purdy big money. Might be prudent to setup a tank year in '25 and get the QB in '26.

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I am genuinely curious how high SF will go with the Purdy extension.  Before they have to make that decision, I do think they can win a SB with Purdy if this core can stay more or less intact for a couple more seasons.  I have no idea what the SF cap situation looks like.

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I am genuinely curious how high SF will go with the Purdy extension.  Before they have to make that decision, I do think they can win a SB with Purdy if this core can stay more or less intact for a couple more seasons.  I have no idea what the SF cap situation looks like.

I actually might buck conventional thinking and let Purdy play a year on the tag - simply to see if he can get ahead and win one. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I actually might buck conventional thinking and let Purdy play a year on the tag - simply to see if he can get ahead and win one. 

SF has purdy 3rd year and 4th year rookie contract, then either tag at $45M or more like $20-25M on an extension.   They got a few years with him and most of the main group

24 minutes ago, ET80 said:

49ers need to nail the next couple of drafts. Can't whiff on guys like Drake Jackson. 

And I hope Shanahan's leash of the stunt he pulled to get Trey Lance are over. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:
49 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Since when is 3.6 ypc enough to run into stacked boxes?

Plus one lost fumble.

None of that matters when you have an agenda to prop up...

• Like 2