Super Bowl: San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

6 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

I remember being on the 49ers.com message boards in 2012 (they're closed now) when the Niners and Ravens landed in New Orleans for the SB

I remember posters there talking about how the Ravens players were taking photos/videos when landing and soaking in the moment while the Niners came in all business and locked in. Of course we'd win comfortably, right? 

We all remember the Ravens shot out to a 28-6 lead before holding on for the win 

Point being, we don't really know anything 

lol i would never have remembered that. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Full circle...

From training camp stats to pumping up practice performance the week of the super bowl

Magical year. 

not just purdy - the team as a whole is said to have put in strong back to back practices.

Hey, at this point - when the whole freaking world is literally preparing our funeral on sunday - I'll take any positive news i can get.  

Edited by Herodreamer79

40 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

not just purdy - the team as a whole is said to have put in strong back to back practices.

Hey, at this point - when the whole freaking world is literally preparing our funeral on sunday - I'll take any positive news i can get.  

The practice thing before the super bowl is kind of just a funny thing to me.

I'm not really sure what constitutes a good practice, why is important, or what the point of comparison is. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm picking the Niners to win and I do think we have the better team....But like it's not about our opinions as fans. The writers/experts or whatever you want to call them are picking the Chiefs. As of two days ago, they got 86% of the bets on one site. 

My personal opinion is that a lot of sports pundits have stars in their eyes when it comes to Mahomes and are only viewing this game as a Travis-vs-Brock affair -- when in reality it's going to be the-best-RB-in-the-NFL-vs-a-shaky-run-defense-missing-two-DLine-starters game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RaidersForever said:

My personal opinion is that a lot of sports pundits have stars in their eyes when it comes to Mahomes and are only viewing this game as a Travis-vs-Brock affair -- when in reality it's going to be the-best-RB-in-the-NFL-vs-a-shaky-run-defense-missing-two-DLine-starters game.

Will say that the Packers were supposed to have an shaky run defense too, and KC managed to beat three teams with elite rushing attacks. Still, if we don't abandon the run(cough cough Kyle), should be able to move the ball on them. Hopefully Wilks and the defense can hold up against Mahomes, though

• Like 1

Hey guys. Is something happening this weekend?

14 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Will say that the Packers were supposed to have an shaky run defense too, and KC managed to beat three teams with elite rushing attacks. Still, if we don't abandon the run(cough cough Kyle), should be able to move the ball on them. Hopefully Wilks and the defense can hold up against Mahomes, though

Any bad run defense can sell out to stop the run. The question is whether Kyle can use that against the Chiefs. Can he make them pay when they sell out, and run right at them when they're not. Spags will disguise coverages better than anyone we've faced this year, except maybe the Ravens.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Not saying you're wrong, because you bring up good points. The only thing I'll say is that (IMHO) the Ravens had a completely wrong gameplan on both sides of the ball (they literally played to the Chiefs' strengths on offense and defense) and still almost pulled it out.

Shanahan would have to be a complete fool not to see the obvious advantage he has on offense against the Chiefs defense, and I don't think he's a complete fool. You don't want Kermit to beat you? Then keep him on the sidelines, chew up the clock with CMC, and wear down the Chiefs front 7. The Chiefs defense shows signs of selling out against the run? Run play-action and force the defense to decide between guarding Aiyuk, Samuel, Kittle and CMC out of the backfield simultaneously. There are multiple ways for the Niners to win this thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

Hey guys. Is something happening this weekend?

Any bad run defense can sell out to stop the run. The question is whether Kyle can use that against the Chiefs. Can he make them pay when they sell out, and run right at them when they're not. Spags will disguise coverages better than anyone we've faced this year, except maybe the Ravens.

Missed ya!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ftn49 said:

My concern levels I think would be

1. Ambry Thomas

2. Offensive line

3. Defensive line

4. Brock

Offensive line definitely feeds into the Brock concern. 

I feel like it's so likely that KC is going to get a turnover or two and I think it's so unlikely that we force a turnover. 

A clean game in the turnover department is so important and I'm not sure they are going to be able to do it. 

• Like 2