Super Bowl: San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

17 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

AND our defensive tackling/pursuit to the ball.

The thing is, I haven't been counting on the defense much all year. I've said they were overrated all year and we go as far as the offense takes us, so I don't have a ton of fear on the defense because I'm pretty much already expecting a poor performance. I've basically been banking on the offense overcoming it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Offensive line definitely feeds into the Brock concern. 

I feel like it's so likely that KC is going to get a turnover or two and I think it's so unlikely that we force a turnover. 

A clean game in the turnover department is so important and I'm not sure they are going to be able to do it. 

For all the talk on how bad the Chiefs defense is again 21 personal vs the run. I fully expect Kyle to come out throwing 😂.

To me it just make sense in this game to get the run game going and get the pressure off of Purdy. Run to establish the pass. We need long successful drives. Controlling the time of possession will be key. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

When was the last time predictions were this lopsided for the super bowl in a general sense?

Jimmy is a scorned ex at this point. I get that your saying though.

2008? 18-0 pats vs giants?

55 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

Jimmy is a scorned ex at this point. I get that your saying though.

2008? 18-0 pats vs giants?

I wish I could remember what the projections were on foles vs Brady. I have to imagine that there was another heavily favored super bowl. 

I just think it's wild that the reaction has been so one sided. I guess it's more a factor of people thinking mahomes and the chiefs offense is back which gives them a huge advantage. But the niners were the 1 seed, nearly +200 point differential versus KC's less than +100, arguably the best offense in the league and I'd say they are getting picked against at an 8 out of 10 rate? 

And I don't know if that's wrong (can't blame anyone picking KC) I totally get why people are picking the chiefs (especially on the heels of the niners performances) but it's definitely something that it's that much of a landslide 

IDC what the bets say, fans/media etc are all in on the Chiefs. Mike Sando had an article on The Athletic polling coaches on the SB & they all picked the Chiefs too. 

Then add in a bad practice field, fire alarm going off on our biggest practice day(Thursday before the SB) 

Just more fuel for the fire. We gettin that Lombardi on Sunday 

Edited by 49ersfan

4 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

IDC what the bets say, fans/media etc are all in on the Chiefs. Mike Sando had an article on The Athletic polling coaches on the SB & they all picked the Chiefs too. 

Then add in a bad practice field, fire alarm going off on our biggest practice day(Thursday before the SB) 

Just more fuel for the fire. We gettin that Lombardi on Sunday 

Not going to bank on that, but I'm pretty happy to be here. I think it was a successful season win or lose. 

• Like 3