Super Bowl: San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

5 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

That's on Shanny...

I said TWO WEEKS ago, whatever you call you make sure Chris Jones is double-teamed on money downs.

Well they didn't and we're losers yet again 

Such an oversimplified take. You could do this for so many people.

"That's on McCaffrey...

I said TWO WEEKS ago, you cannot fumble the ball in the redzone.

Well he did and we're losers yet again"

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John232 said:

Idk, maybe I’m numb, but I can’t point to anyone one player or person as having lost it.

Mahomes is just different

Mahomes didn’t do much. Let’s not over glorify the guy when he couldn’t put up 20 in regulation. 

Offense didn’t get it done. I blame Shanny for abandoning the run but I’m curious what I’ll think tomorrow 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John232 said:

Idk, maybe I’m numb, but I can’t point to anyone one player or person as having lost it.

LIS, I think this wasn't the best performance by Shanny. Hard to put the blame so squarely on him when CMC loses that fumble, the special teams are a mess again (though, this is a recurring issue, so at this juncture maybe it should be). 

And frankly? Our luck sucked. There were 7 "fumbles" in the game....we recovered 1. 

But not a good performance by Shanny. 

• Like 1

Just now, straighthate said:

Offense didn’t get it done. I blame Shanny for abandoning the run but I’m curious what I’ll think tomorrow 

This is a real thing when you look at the times when the team does fail. I'd say it's typically the offense that craps out. 

Now granted, give the KC defense some love (especially the secondary), but a TD less than our average this year. 3 of 12 on third down and every time they did that and spags blitzed it was like they were shocked? like wtf? Went a long stretch where Purdy had like 20 attempts and CMC had like 9 carries I think I saw. 

Rams game? Offense didn't pick up a yard with like 10 minutes left in the 4th or whatever it was. 

Even a game like last year against the Cowboys was won by the defense. 

The offense has consistently been the part that poops the bed. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Geek said:

I ain't blaming this on anyone. Mahomes just did Mahomes things. That's why he's going to be in the GOAT conversation.

He really didn't though.

Don't know why ppl keep saying that.

We had him bottled up most of the game.

Our caoches just made some baffling decisions down the stretch.

Like Warner manning up Kelce on a critical 3rd down.

I love Warner. But pressing a All-World TE at the line is not really in his wheelhouse.

He's excels in coverage as a zone defenfer, running with guys when the come into his zone. That was just a bad coaching decision. And Kelce proceeds to smoke him off the line for a easy pitch & catch.

Mahomes didn't Mahomes us...he took what was there and made some timely throws. 

Reid outschemed Wilks, which honestly I saw coming from miles away.

If we had taken advantage of our chances in the first half and put up at least 20 points, it's a totally different game. 

We had them on their heels and we couldn't take advantage.

Keeping the game close, was always going to go in their favor because Reid will always find a way to exploit something. And on money downs, when they needed a play, time & time again he checkmated Wilks. In a close game, down rhe stretch, it's going to favor Reid everytime. It was going to take a mishap on KC's part to derail that outcome. And they were clean down the stretch, offensively.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, straighthate said:

I don’t follow him and so don’t get his humor. I know he isn’t in on Purdy. But tell me that’s a joke. 

So back in like week 3 or 4 or something, he went off the cuff on a podcast and someone asked him point blank if the 49ers could win the super bowl with purdy and he said no, but he'd listen to a conversation about Darnold. And he knew what he said was stupid and it just kind of came out at the time on the spot. It was just oen of those situations where he lost himself in the conversation 

But since then, 49ers fans have been alllllllllllllllllll over him for it. 

So he's basically just taking a victory lap and needling the fans. 

He was a good sport about it the entire time though. He's made some jokes at his own expense abou ***, etc. 

How much longer are we going to ignore our crappy OL? Our first two picks need to be OL. Not to even block Jones there made no sense. Burford and McKivitz to totally blew that. 

The team does not have many needs but the right side of the OL needs to get better. 

• Like 4