Super Bowl: San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

2 minutes ago, struby3 said:

All I can suggest is that you take a deep breath. I hope you have things going in your life that make you happy and that are more important than the game of football. I also hope you enjoyed parts of the season. There are ups and downs to every season. I don't think of this as a wasted year for anybody associated with SF. It was a hell of a ride. Just didn't end up the way we wanted it to. That is life. Hopefully your family is healthy and you can go to bed tonight knowing that.

It always comes down to the QB. If Purdy can grow, and continue to be a top 10 quality of play QB, then we’ll be around and then it’s just getting to the dance. 

just a lot of ifs

10 minutes ago, struby3 said:

All I can suggest is that you take a deep breath. I hope you have things going in your life that make you happy and that are more important than the game of football. I also hope you enjoyed parts of the season. There are ups and downs to every season. I don't think of this as a wasted year for anybody associated with SF. It was a hell of a ride. Just didn't end up the way we wanted it to. That is life. Hopefully your family is healthy and you can go to bed tonight knowing that.

STFU!

Just because some of us are taking this loss harder than others, doesn't mean we've lost perspective on anything.

This is a football message board in case you haven't noticed. 

Keep your adequated psychiatrist babble to yourself.

If guys want to vent their frustrations, this is the place to do it.

I'm just calling it like I see it.

You don't like it, the ignore button is your friend.

Edited by 757-NINER

8 minutes ago, John232 said:

Yeah man,  no one cares about mature. I’ve been on this forum for 20+ years posting with largely the same group of people in this forum. I don’t care about your analysis. I want to see my friends, family and this forum happy. Having some random come in and regurgitate talking points with surface level depth is not inspiring. It’s annoying.  Let us huff our copious and not deal with your inane, patronizing analysisb

Ain't gonna lie, I hate when people do that. Especially when it's from the opposing team's fanbase. 

Feels like it's being done for their benefit to be hero/big brother with the wise sage advice that's supposed to "help".

Now isn't the time. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Well, it clearly wasn't our year.

I mean…. That's because we could not close the deal but we had the best team for the majority of the season and had a relatively healthy team in the postseason. Could not ask for anything else. One more first down in regulation and it likely is different. Spags blitzes won the game. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean…. That's because we could not close the deal but we had the best team for the majority of the season and had a relatively healthy team in the postseason. Could not ask for anything else. One more first down in regulation and it likely is different. Spags blitzes won the game. 

Like honestly, the fact that we got past both the Packers and Lions, playing some of our worst ball of the season, really had me thinking for a moment that we were destined to pull this thing off.

But I keep going back to Shanny always shrinking in these moments as a playcaller. I thought he was very mediocre in the second half. I always get the sense in close games that he's trying not to lose instead of going for the win. Maybe it's just me but he doesn't seem to be at his best in critical junctures of the game.

That was the same criticism of Reid at one point so there's that.

Then he got Mahomes and the rest is history.

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

That's on Shanny...

I said TWO WEEKS ago, whatever you call you make sure Chris Jones is double-teamed on money downs.

Well they didn't and we're losers yet again 

or maybe sometimes the other team just makes a great play too. 

Edited by Herodreamer79
  • Like 1

This game had all the greatest hits:
Leading 10-3 at halftime(2013 NFCCG vs Seahawks) before a muffed punt to lose the lead(2011 NFCCG vs Giants) that #3 failed to pick up(2021 NFC Championship vs Rams) and ultimately failing to get a TD within the 10(Super Bowl 47) to blow a 4th quarter lead to Patrick Mahomes(Super Bowl 54)

• Like 1