Super Bowl: San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

I said something similar after the game and pretty much all season. This is my biggest gripe with Kyle and how he calls the offense. Kyle wants the ball in Deebo's hands and for good reason. He's truly special with the rock in his hands but once he realized that the Chiefs were going to go primarily to man coverage, he should have instantly dialed up plays with Aiyuk as the #1 option. Kyle has that capability and is in control of that. You cannot just keep forcing the same game plan when the Chiefs adjust from playing mostly zone like they did the week prior to playing pure man coverage in the 2nd half. If Purdy is looking for Aiyuk from the get go, then our offense is a whole a lot more successful against these types of defenses. 

One adjustment I'd like Kyle to make this offseason. 

I'm just now seeing this with the audio from Kittle.. The tweet isn't going after Kittle but I am pretty annoyed about it. Right here is an example of GK trying to be cute for the camera.. He definitely planned to say that for the mic, and instead of paying attention to what's going on around him we get this.  He's a big personality who wants to be in the lime light and I hate to be that guy but come on man.

Oh come on man, this has gotten out of hand. Now I am reading stuff on how the effort was not there and the team did not play hard. BULLSH*T!!!! George is not going to be able to see the ball either way there. And then people are pointing to Deebo not understanding that's just what he does. You have to take the good with the bad with him. He gets tired quickly and cannot go hard on every route. This isn't something that just popped up in the Super Bowl. But yes, time to pile on him as well and talk about how overrated he is and how he can't beat man coverage....As if he's ever been known for beating man coverage, especially when you factor in the man was going up against one of the best in McDuffie. Blame Kyle on trying to force the ball to him and not adjust to getting Aiyuk more targets. 

The team played their *** off and were competing hard all game. They didn't lose because lack of effort. They lost because they have a trash OL and could not take advantage of all their opportunities. The Chiefs also got some fortunate luck by recovering damn near every fumble. When the ball hits the foot of the gunner and that ends up being the big difference in the game then it is what it is. Luter was not just half assing it there, just did not hear McCloud or if he did, he could not get away on time. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh come on man, this has gotten out of hand. Now I am reading stuff on how the effort was not there and the team did not play hard. BULLSH*T!!!! George is not going to be able to see the ball either way there. And then people are pointing to Deebo not understanding that's just what he does. You have to take the good with the bad with him. He gets tired quickly and cannot go hard on every route. This isn't something that just popped up in the Super Bowl. But yes, time to pile on him as well and talk about how overrated he is and how he can't beat man coverage....As if he's ever been known for beating man coverage, especially when you factor in the man was going up against one of the best in McDuffie. Blame Kyle on trying to force the ball to him and not adjust to getting Aiyuk more targets. 

The team played their *** off and were competing hard all game. They didn't lose because lack of effort. They lost because they have a trash OL and could not take advantage of all their opportunities. The Chiefs also got some fortunate luck by recovering damn near every fumble. When the ball hits the foot of the gunner and that ends up being the big difference in the game then it is what it is. Luter was not just half assing it there, just did not hear McCloud or if he did, he could not get away on time. 

It's not all that surprising. The "problem" is the 49ers have a lot of personality on the team, talk a lot...and when that personality doesn't deliver, this is kind of the blowback you see. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's not all that surprising. The "problem" is the 49ers have a lot of personality on the team, talk a lot...and when that personality doesn't deliver, this is kind of the blowback you see. 

The LAST conclusion I came away after the game was that the team did not play hard lol.

That had nothing to do with effort. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

As far as the muff punt goes, that's on Ray Ray.

Yes, it hit Luter who should have been more aware but Ray Ray tried to scoop and run with the fumble instead of just falling on it.

If he merely just secures the fumble weren't not even having this conversation

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 2

What's worse is the Chiefs and sports media are still laughing at the 49ers for not knowing the OT rules and botching the coin toss. The mic'd up videos confirmed the 49ers had no clue. Sheer negligence on their coaching staff. The worst of it all is Kyle Shanahan shirking responsibility and changing his story a bunch of times to cover him himself. 

What do you guys think about this?

4 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

As far as the muff punt goes, that's on Ray Ray.

Yes, it hit Luter who should have been more aware but Ray Ray tried to scoop and run with the fumble instead of just falling on it.

If he merely just secures the fumble weren't not even having this conversation

I agree with you both. 1. Luther did half-a** on that play and also 2. Ray Ray could of just fell on it and drive starts for us on O not on def again.

13 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

What's worse is the Chiefs and sports media are still laughing at the 49ers for not knowing the OT rules and botching the coin toss. The mic'd up videos confirmed the 49ers had no clue. Sheer negligence on their coaching staff. The worst of it all is Kyle Shanahan shirking responsibility and changing his story a bunch of times to cover him himself. 

If the 49ers elected to kick and still lost the narrative would be how they messed up by putting their gassed defense immediately out there again/putting extra pressure on their young QB to match Mahomes/give Mahomes the ball back in sudden death.

As for not knowing the OT rules Hardman himself didn't know they had won until Mahomes told him and the only person on the Niners who's really been cited as not knowing AFAIK was Juice(Purdy confirmed that Griese had told him at some point)

Two great teams lost, both made great plays and mistakes, and the team with the HOF HC and QB and made a few more great plays and less mistakes won. Still, it's more popular on social media to dunk on the team that lost even if it came down to the wire instead of giving the Chiefs their flowers, especially in a matchup like this where nobody outside the two fanbases really wanted either team there

Edited by jonnguy2015
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

I don't care that the players didn't know the rules. That's been going on for years. It doesn't change anything. Hardman didn't know and nobody cares for some reason.  Why do the players need to know? Does it change the effort level? I care if the people making strategy know. 

Did Kyle know? I do not know. We will never know. If he didn't, bad. If he did, fine. 

And there is no indication that the coin toss was the wrong decision. There's a whole thing about it on the main board with very valid points from both ends. Taking the ball first certainly isn't the "wrong" decision by any evidence . 

18 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

Turn off twitter, don't pay attention to what they say and you wont care. For the most part, I couldn't care less what someone else says or feels about Kyle or the 49ers.

The only one I let get me twisted is Nick Wright on Brock lol. And other than his Mahomes mountain ranking he's actually been fairly complimentary of him lately.

• Like 2