Random Thoughts - Offseason 2024

dll2000

4 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Caleb signed too per schefter.

4 year 39m gtd. Guess that means he’s not holding out or whatever that person was suggesting lol. What a strange coincidence they both sign immediately after hard knocks starts filming

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

4 year 39m gtd. Guess that means he’s not holding out or whatever that person was suggesting lol. What a strange coincidence they both sign immediately after hard knocks starts filming

Love is going to make more than that per year in a minute.

24 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Love is going to make more than that per year in a minute.

I thought you were saying Love’s annual was gonna be higher than Caleb’s annual and I just blinked 

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

You can save a lot of money gambling on Teven Jenkins now rather than playing wait and see.  Guard market has exploded.

this was a big part of my argument in my post the other day about an extension. if you can get him for a little cheaper because of the injury stuff, it's still worth it, even if the savings is then put into his backup to play when he's out. he's can be/is a dominant run blocking guard that is on the upward trajectory in the passing game. If we can get him for ~$16-18/year that would be a win 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

this was a big part of my argument in my post the other day about an extension. if you can get him for a little cheaper because of the injury stuff, it's still worth it, even if the savings is then put into his backup to play when he's out. he's can be/is a dominant run blocking guard that is on the upward trajectory in the passing game. If we can get him for ~$16-18/year that would be a win 

I agree.  Maybe less.

They won't do it though.  I 100% would.  Maybe take one more MRI of his back and neck first.  If it looks good, sign here.

I can't figure out how to link the video, but ESPN has a "Why Jayden Daniels is better positioned to succeed over CW" video and it's 2 minutes of the dumbest reasons ever.

"His supporting cast is TOO good"

"Matt Eberflus has had a lot of QBs" (just JF)

"The Bears roster is built to win now, they will only go downhill from here. WSH is built for the future, and this will be the worst roster JD ever has"

the list goes on and on.

19 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

I can't figure out how to link the video, but ESPN has a "Why Jayden Daniels is better positioned to succeed over CW" video and it's 2 minutes of the dumbest reasons ever.

"His supporting cast is TOO good"

"Matt Eberflus has had a lot of QBs" (just JF)

"The Bears roster is built to win now, they will only go downhill from here. WSH is built for the future, and this will be the worst roster JD ever has"

the list goes on and on.

ESPN has been on the down trend for a long time, especially after they were bought by Disney. I have fond memories of watching Sportscenter and Around the Horn as a kid, but any time I happen to catch ESPN nowadays I quickly ask myself what I'm watching and why I'm wasting my time doing so.

Anything with Stephen A Smith or Collin Cowherd I'm just not watching. I miss the days of real analysis and discussion, not just cramming as many hot takes and reactions in as you can in order to get clicks and views.

But, that's apparently what people like. Look at Inside the NBA on TNT getting cancelled. That show was enjoyable to watch, they actually talked basketball and had a great vibe while doing it. But no, sorry, apparently that doesn't generate as much revenue.

Edited by chisoxguy7

2 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

ESPN has been on the down trend for a long time, especially after they were bought by Disney. I have fond memories of watching Sportscenter and Around the Horn as a kid, but any time I happen to catch ESPN nowadays I quickly ask myself what I'm watching and why I'm wasting my time doing so.

Anything with Stephen A Smith or Collin Cowherd I'm just not watching. I miss the days of real analysis and discussion, not just cramming as many hot takes and reactions in as you can in order to get clicks and views.

I used to love sportscenter when they would show 2-3 minute highlights of each game that happened, then wrap up that segment with talk. now sportscenter is just whatever lebron is doing or whatever the sports gossip is these days.

i've never watched anything with SAS or CC - both guys just yelling out their *****.

2 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

But, that's apparently what people like. Look at Inside the NBA on TNT getting cancelled. That show was enjoyable to watch, they actually talked basketball and had a great vibe while doing it. But no, sorry, apparently that doesn't generate as much revenue.

that's not getting canceled, per se. the NBA tv rights are leaving turner sports, but the show still has a contract with turner, which turner refuses to let out of and are asking way too much money to do so. so i would say the show is just ... ending

6 hours ago, dll2000 said:

You can save a lot of money gambling on Teven Jenkins now rather than playing wait and see.  Guard market has exploded.

I 100% would.   

There's a good chance these deals may hurt Jenkins as far as staying in Chicago.  I had him figured for a deal more in the $15-$16 APY range.  He gonna need to be a superman to get an offer from Poles that's 25%-33% more than that.

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I 100% would.   

For me there is just as strong a chance that Jenkins is allowed to walk and we take the comp pick for him...wouldn't shock me to have a totally different interior OL in 2025.

• Like 2