TAMPA BAY

Free Agent QBs:
Kirk Cousins
Baker Mayfield
Jameis Winston
Gardner Minshew
Ryan Tannehill (washed?)
Jacoby Brissett (stop gap?)

I see maybe 2 free agents who could be solid starters (Cousins and Mayfield), so let's cross Minnesota and Tampa Bay off the list.

WASHINGTON
NEW ENGLAND
ATLANTA
LAS VEGAS
SEATTLE
DENVER
NEW ORLEANS
PITTSBURGH

Washington likely will be drafting Drake Maye and one of New England/Atlanta/Las Vegas will be drafting Jayden Daniels (unless a medical concern pops up, etc). So that leaves 6 teams looking for a QB with the following available in the draft:

Michael Penix, Jr.
JJ McCarthy
Bo Nix

Now we're down to 3 teams who might be left holding the proverbial bag, I think one of those will be the ones who ponies up draft picks for Justin Fields. If I had to guess, maybe Atlanta trades us #43 and #110 and takes a defensive player at #8.

Las Vegas could do #44 and #113

Seattle and Denver don't have second round picks

New Orleans could do #45 but they have no third or fourth round picks

Pittsburgh could do #51 and #120

If we push hard enough I'm curious if we could get #20 from Pittsburgh, or we do something like trade Justin Fields and a future 4th for #20 overall...

9 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I bet Fields’ next snap to be with PIT at +1600 today on DK. They or ATL seem like the most logical fits (assuming either is interested). VGS became a non-option when they hired Getsy IMO. 

Agreed, I think ATL makes too much sense. Their offense has the weapons, trade your 2nd and 4th for Justin Fields and use your first rounder to upgrade the defense. Plus it's a bit of a feel good story with the kid going to play for his hometown Falcons.

Pittsburgh with Arthur Smith could be interesting (I thought Fields would be a phenomenal fit if he can rediscover his 2019-2020 magic).

I put it on PIT in my mock because it just seemed like it was too perfect of a fit. I mean I thought he would fit great in ATL in large part due to Arthur Smith being there, and who is the OC in PIT now? Arthur Smith. Tomlin is a steady coach, they have Johnson, Pickens and ARob as their top 3 WRs, and likely a top 10 defense.

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Russell Wilson will take one of those starting spots as well…

Seattle OC will be interesting but weirdly enough I think would be another great landing spot for Fields.

Wilson is in a weird spot. He feels to me like a guy who goes to a team that takes Nix or Penix post-R1 which likely rules out WSH and NE (unless they go MHJ then QB at 34). DEN is obviously a no for him, and I don’t think he’s an obvious upgrade in NO over Carr who’s already fully guaranteed $30M in 2024. SEA already traded him away once, and Geno’s 2024 salary fully guarantees a week from Friday. If Russ is gonna start next year it’s almost gotta be PIT, ATL, MIN, VGS or TB. Of that group, I think either Cousins stays in MIN or they go young (or both), and Baker stays in TB.

NE going MHJ and then signing Russ or trading for Fields would be a huge wrinkle at the top of the draft. Everyone has assumed AZ goes WR, but if Harrison is gone what so they do? Alt maybe? 

16 hours ago, G08 said:

Please excuse my verbal (digital?) diarrhea here:

Teams with QB needs heading into the 2024 season:

WASHINGTON
NEW ENGLAND
ATLANTA
MINNESOTA
LAS VEGAS
SEATTLE
DENVER
NEW ORLEANS
PITTSBURGH
TAMPA BAY

Free Agent QBs:
Kirk Cousins
Baker Mayfield
Jameis Winston
Gardner Minshew
Ryan Tannehill (washed?)
Jacoby Brissett (stop gap?)

I see maybe 2 free agents who could be solid starters (Cousins and Mayfield), so let's cross Minnesota and Tampa Bay off the list.

WASHINGTON
NEW ENGLAND
ATLANTA
LAS VEGAS
SEATTLE
DENVER
NEW ORLEANS
PITTSBURGH

Washington likely will be drafting Drake Maye and one of New England/Atlanta/Las Vegas will be drafting Jayden Daniels (unless a medical concern pops up, etc). So that leaves 6 teams looking for a QB with the following available in the draft:

Michael Penix, Jr.
JJ McCarthy
Bo Nix

Now we're down to 3 teams who might be left holding the proverbial bag, I think one of those will be the ones who ponies up draft picks for Justin Fields. If I had to guess, maybe Atlanta trades us #43 and #110 and takes a defensive player at #8.

Las Vegas could do #44 and #113

Seattle and Denver don't have second round picks

New Orleans could do #45 but they have no third or fourth round picks

Pittsburgh could do #51 and #120

If we push hard enough I'm curious if we could get #20 from Pittsburgh, or we do something like trade Justin Fields and a future 4th for #20 overall...

I agree Cousins and Mayfield will most likely claim two jobs - but that doesn't mean it will be in MN and Tampa.

10 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Russell Wilson will take one of those starting spots as well…

Seattle OC will be interesting but weirdly enough I think would be another great landing spot for Fields.

I dunno.  Russel Wilson really nose dived.  He is probably 2021 or 2022 Jameis Winston or Mariota level team interest now.

Would you want him?  I wouldn't.  

Also Dallas needs to extend, cut or trade Dak or take an insane cap hit. 

Not sure they want to keep paying him every two years.   They are on Cousins treadmill, but even more expensive.

Vikings probably won't want him because he played like garbage vs. Vikings.  Their fan base is really against it.  

Kind of why I was hoping Atl coaches stuck around.  He balled out against Atl.