Justin Field Trade Options

G08

Wilson could stick in Denver. It's not likely, but it could happen. If he goes, I've seen some rumors of Wilson to PIT. I could see it.

Mayfield probably sticks in Tampa Bay. I don't think there's a clear upgrade to Kirk Cousins for Minnesota out there, so he probably stays there. I could see Tannehill going there to bridge the gap if Cousins isn't healthy immediately.

For whatever reason, I feel like Atlanta goes with a vet, someone like Geno or Jameis. Gardner Minshew could be a good option for them too.

16 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Wilson could stick in Denver. It's not likely, but it could happen. If he goes, I've seen some rumors of Wilson to PIT. I could see it.

Mayfield probably sticks in Tampa Bay. I don't think there's a clear upgrade to Kirk Cousins for Minnesota out there, so he probably stays there. I could see Tannehill going there to bridge the gap if Cousins isn't healthy immediately.

For whatever reason, I feel like Atlanta goes with a vet, someone like Geno or Jameis. Gardner Minshew could be a good option for them too.

My own WAG for Wilson was Raiders or NE.  NE would be particularly weird. 

Is it me or is this a weird offseason for vet QBs?  I also feel like some team is going be left hanging in the draft when QBs 3-4 go earlier than expected.  Maybe we SHOULD* keep Fields and Williams/Maye on the roster for mentoring/trading to a desperate team post draft?

Edited by BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW
*We absolutely shouldn't
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Is it me or is this a weird offseason for vet QBs?  I also feel like some team is going be left hanging in the draft when QBs 3-4 go earlier than expected. 

I expect all of CW/Maye/Daniels probably start right away, especially if they go 1-3, but the rest I suspect will either sit at least at first or have to unseat a vet to start. 

6 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

My own WAG for Wilson was Raiders or NE.  NE would be particularly weird. 

Is it me or is this a weird offseason for vet QBs?  I also feel like some team is going be left hanging in the draft when QBs 3-4 go earlier than expected.  Maybe we SHOULD* keep Fields and Williams/Maye on the roster for mentoring/trading to a desperate team post draft?

I wanted Bridgewater to come in and be the guy to compete against for whoever the Bears draft but he hung them up. With Bagent having areally meh arm Teddy would be a damn good guy to model himself after. I don't care for a lack of competition unless you're one of the elite, and even then I want them to try and steal reps from you. I would expect Williams or Maye to win but at least he would push them and then you have a better QB mentor.

Lock has system familiarity but isn't someone anyone will feel pressured by IMO, Winston will forever be a dumb*** in my eyes so no for him, so who else then? Only two that come to mind are Minshew, Brissett, and Taylor. The others aren't really good enough to compete in the slightest or will be way  out of the price range (Mayfield, Tanny, and obviously Cousins).

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

I expect all of CW/Maye/Daniels probably start right away, especially if they go 1-3, but the rest I suspect will either sit at least at first or have to unseat a vet to start. 

Interesting take from Randy Mueller on the athletic that he had Daniels over Maye...

According to a few different reporters JJ is viewed far higher by NFL teams than he is by fans

The QB class could get really interesting after Caleb.

The more I think of it the more Pittsburgh just becomes such a logical fit given what they want to do offensively...that could be #20 straight up or a combination of mid round picks in this or even some in 2025 but I struggle to think why they wouldn't take a shot on him given they won 10 games last year and have an elite defence...all they are missing to be a team that can really contend in the playoffs is a QB who fits their scheme.

• Like 1

A thought which may lower value of a trade some. 

Coaches have a lot of say in FAs and vet trades.  I have noticed over years teams will often pursue or sign guys that ball out against them.  

Justin Fields best games where he looked really good in 2023 came against Washington, Detroit and Atlanta.

Arthur Smith is in Pittsburgh now, which is good because Pitt needs a QB, but by some accounts he has never been a fan of fields.  I don't think Ragone has a gig right now.

Eric Bieniemy didn't get any job yet last I heard.  Neither does Ron Rivera.  

Detroit isn't looking for a QB.  They also just drafted Hendon Hooker.  

Kind of good news is Justin had a really nice first half against Denver and Denver needs a QB.  He didn't exactly leave game with a great taste though.  

Also, you don't necessarily need to trade for Justin to be your starter.  He can compete for a job or be a developmental flyer like Dallas picking up Trey Lance.

Schefter is confident Bears can get a 2nd though.  That seems fairly reliable.  

21 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Interesting take from Randy Mueller on the athletic that he had Daniels over Maye...

According to a few different reporters JJ is viewed far higher by NFL teams than he is by fans

The QB class could get really interesting after Caleb.

I had to stop listening to the Football GM episodes - Mueller especially just seems like a guy that's way too stuck in the past

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HuskieBear said:

I had to stop listening to the Football GM episodes - Mueller especially just seems like a guy that's way too stuck in the past

I don't mind him...where as yeah at times he thinks the NFL still works the same as it did 10 years ago he also has some valuable insight...I do remember he was probably the first voice I heard say that Stroud was a far better prospect than Young. 

21 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

The more I think of it the more Pittsburgh just becomes such a logical fit given what they want to do offensively...that could be #20 straight up or a combination of mid round picks in this or even some in 2025 but I struggle to think why they wouldn't take a shot on him given they won 10 games last year and have an elite defence...all they are missing to be a team that can really contend in the playoffs is a QB who fits their scheme.

I've always said Justin Fields would be perfect for that 2019-2020 Arthur Smith / Tennessee Titans offense...

19 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I do remember he was probably the first voice I heard say that Stroud was a far better prospect than Young. 

To play devil’s advocate, how many guys are making against the grain claims about prospects solely for clicks now that, if it turns out that way, will say “I was on that before everyone!”? 

If someone is going to pry the No. 1 overall selection away from the Bears, they are going to have to pay -- and pay a lot.

Chicago would need a historic haul of draft picks and overall compensation to move off the first pick of the 2024 NFL Draft, sources say. In the words of one source, it would have to be "crazy."

Edited by G08

If Chicago does decide to take the former Heisman Trophy winner in Williams, they would almost certainly trade Justin Fields to the highest bidder in what should be an active and fertile market