Justin Field Trade Options

G08

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I still this Cousins ends up back in Minnesota till I actually see him sign elsewhere

Which leads me to believe that Atlanta is the ultimate destination for JF. And Ill still go with what Ive been predicting, their Pair of 3rds plus a future conditional pick (likely ends up as a 3rd as well)

There is a ton of weird noise on twitter about Cousins to Atlanta (he bought a house, he changed his kids names to "Stonewall") it sure seems like someones pumping smoke about it.  The volume and nature of it made me immediately think it was from his camp trying to force Min to move to keep him.  The one thing lots of industry people say about him is how good his business team is in getting his way. 

15 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I would.  I would also attempt to lowball Bears to get him.

My offer right now would be a 3rd.  Problem comes in if another team outbids me then I have to decide if I want to go higher.  

My guess is we were already at that point before the combine, but it’s just a guess. This from Greg Gabriel just a few minutes ago suggests we may be finally about to find out though:

Screenshot-2024-03-06-at-9-30-18-AM.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

My guess is we were already at that point before the combine, but it’s just a guess. This from Greg Gabriel just a few minutes ago suggests we may be finally about to find out though:

Everyone is wrong at times.  It is nature of the beast.  Unless you have access you don't really know what will happen.  Even then circumstances can change and make you wrong.  His arrogance in his wrongness is what gets to people I think.

Same with that talking head ... what is his name ... Cowherd.   

26 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

There is a ton of weird noise on twitter about Cousins to Atlanta (he bought a house, he changed his kids names to "Stonewall") it sure seems like someones pumping smoke about it.  The volume and nature of it made me immediately think it was from his camp trying to force Min to move to keep him.  The one thing lots of industry people say about him is how good his business team is in getting his way. 

Thats exactly what it feels like to me.

Its obviously not out of the question that he goes to Atlanta, and they have some cap room to do it. Its just hard seeing him walking away from Jefferson, Addison and Hockenson

The Lady doth protest too much, methinks

• Like 1

Just now, dll2000 said:

Everyone is wrong at times.  It is nature of the beast.  Unless you have access you don't really know what will happen.  Even then circumstances can change and make you wrong.  His arrogance in his wrongness is what gets to people I think.

Same with that talking head ... what is his name ... Cowherd.   

Take my dad.

He has been telling me since draft that Fields was not going to be good for basically all reasons he isn't now.   I have been saying just wait.  He will be.  He just needs to do this or that and he will overcome those things.    

He could hammer me about it now.   But he doesn't.    I probably would (lol) ... a little.

But he COULD have been wrong and I could have been right.   If Bears had a better Oline earlier and gave him QB1 reps from jump.  Or didn't keep Nagy that first year and fire him the next.   Who knows?  Or maybe it would have always worked out this way.  I don't know.  No one does really.  

But in end (at this time) he was right and I was wrong.  

My point is you can't really be too arrogant about how things turn out.  Often things could have gone other direction and other guy could have been right but for a few things here or there. 

I'll also say this.   Sometimes people are often right about certain things and you should learn to listen to them. 

I knew this old guy who lived in FL and was mentoring me for a time when I was coaching.  He coached for like 40 years and won every where he went.  This was when I was learning zone blocking and schemes and wanted to start trying some advanced passing concepts with the kids.    He would tell me to do this or that with my team.   Most of time I would do it.  Sometimes I would not because I disagreed and I wanted to do things my way or a way I read on internet.  And it wouldn't work very well.  Then I would give in and try things way he was telling me to do it.  And dang it, it always worked really well!    He would laugh and laugh at me.   

I learned after a time to just do whatever he said and stop fighting it.   He knew what he was talking about.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

if GG doesnt want CW because of "the BS" then we need to sprint up to the podium. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

if GG doesnt want CW because of "the BS" then we need to sprint up to the podium. 

So guys I have a problem... been back on twitter and just spent like a 35 minute phone call mostly watching Greg Gabriel vs the world and I can't look away.   It wasn't an important call or I probably would have given away the farm as I really couldn't quit reading.   It's gotten quite nasty but is fascinating.  He's also telling people to be respectful OR ELSE and also calling them broke ****heads so there's that.  But it is really intriguing to watch Caleb polarize people, and it's usually along old school football orthodoxy vs players advocating for themselves/younger people.  Caleb doesn't bother me personally, even if I do expect that he is going to be a headache at times for whoever drafts him.  Not as a player, not as a gross new story, but from a business point of view.  I think that may be at the root of what people like GG are unsettled by and may be coming up with personal reasons to dislike him.  For good or ill, Caleb, even if he sucks, is probably going to change the NFL business a bit. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

So guys I have a problem... been back on twitter and just spent like a 35 minute phone call mostly watching Greg Gabriel vs the world and I can't look away.   It wasn't an important call or I probably would have given away the farm as I really couldn't quit reading.   It's gotten quite nasty but is fascinating.  He's also telling people to be respectful OR ELSE and also calling them broke ****heads so there's that.  But it is really intriguing to watch Caleb polarize people, and it's usually along old school football orthodoxy vs players advocating for themselves/younger people.  Caleb doesn't bother me personally, even if I do expect that he is going to be a headache at times for whoever drafts him.  Not as a player, not as a gross new story, but from a business point of view.  I think that may be at the root of what people like GG are unsettled by and may be coming up with personal reasons to dislike him.  For good or ill, Caleb, even if he sucks, is probably going to change the NFL business a bit. 

ever since GG started writing on WCG he's been a "guys that were good for the bears i scouted and guys that were bad weren't my department" and a ton of his comments regarding prospects, especially in the last few years, have been with an "old man yells at the clouds" mentality. then when people disagree with him he gets butthurt and blocks them. he still tries to wear his scouting hat but the problem is it's 25+ years old and has never gotten updated with the times

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Greg is very “Old NFL” and pro establishment. Williams is a direct challenge to that. He’s not the first player to advocate for himself vs. following established NFL norms but he’s in a unique place to be able to take that further than guys who are their own agents, etc. The NFL is adapt or die though and it seems Gabriel fell on the latter end of that.

My bigger concern would be if the non-field “issues” he has with CW are something other than “Well he seems like he’d be a pain in the *** to the club.” He’s never elaborated on the “issues” he sees so I’m assuming it’s just that especially since nobody else has raised any off field concerns other than those about him. After being the presumptive 2024 top pick for basically two years now you’d think I’d that stuff were out there someone would have found it by now. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Greg is very “Old NFL” and pro establishment. Williams is a direct challenge to that. He’s not the first player to advocate for himself vs. following established NFL norms but he’s in a unique place to be able to take that further than guys who are their own agents, etc. The NFL is adapt or die though and it seems Gabriel fell on the latter end of that.

My bigger concern would be if the non-field “issues” he has with CW are something other than “Well he seems like he’d be a pain in the *** to the club.” He’s never elaborated on the “issues” he sees so I’m assuming it’s just that especially since nobody else has raised any off field concerns other than those about him. After being the presumptive 2024 top pick for basically two years now you’d think I’d that stuff were out there someone would have found it by now. 

I've pretty much decided that vague allusions to red flags and off field issues without ANY corroboration is just not feeling great about a player and wanting to cite yourself as "in the know" in case anything at all ever happens to the player.  That's why I staked my claim and registerd the following domains when Jalen Carter was in play for the Bears:

Jalencartercivilsuit.com

Jalencarterironicfinishingschool.gov

Jalencarterrunsafoulofthejonesactsomehow.biz

I also genuinely did think about getting www.aaronrodgerseatsclay.com but that was only because I was going to give it out on business cards when I thought I might go as Aaron Rodgers in a sleeveless shirt on Halloween to terrorize the neighborhood Bears fans but decided better of it as I didn't want to do the facial hair or answer any questions and decided to be me but drinking beer around a fire pit on the parkway instead for Halloween. 

23 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

"he paints his nails. that's not a guy i want playing quarterback. is he going to start braiding his hair and playing with dolls next?" - GG probably

Regarding the nail painting thing, if it's legal in the rulebook, I'm surprised we haven't seen more teams and quarterbacks take advantage. I know on the baseball field catchers sometimes paint their nails to increase visibility for the pitcher receiving signs. On the football field it could conceivably turn into a powerful non-verbal communication tool between players if such a system were developed

1 hour ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Regarding the nail painting thing, if it's legal in the rulebook, I'm surprised we haven't seen more teams and quarterbacks take advantage. I know on the baseball field catchers sometimes paint their nails to increase visibility for the pitcher receiving signs. On the football field it could conceivably turn into a powerful non-verbal communication tool between players if such a system were developed

I was going to write some snarky jokes, but it actually isn't a bad idea.  It's a good idea now that I think about it.  

Especially in noisy stadiums.  A color coded system using your fingers is an easy way to call audibles at LOS and more visible from a distance.  You don't need to scream OMAHA! and whatever other nonsense.  

That is some nice outside the box thinking.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

His Mom is a nail technician/artist 💅 whatever the proper name is ...and is something they started doing together when he was a kid 

I've had a couple of gfs over the years that were into it as well and we've painted my nails MANY times. LoTS of fun, I LOveD it !! people, even in professional settings, responded very positively to it

Some of CWs nail designs are pretty dam 🔥  ha ha